Author Topic: tucking?  (Read 1843 times)

Offline hollywoodkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Hollywood Kids
    • View Profile
tucking?
« on: January 05, 2010, 03:57:16 AM »
Ok so i know i tend to ask alot of questions, but im amateur so i kind of see everyone here as my go to guys/gals. anyways on with my question, my problem with front/backflips aer that i DO NOT tuck quickly enough, i have been using 2 old mattresses i put in my backyard to jump onto, but i keep videotaping myself to see what my problem is, and its still i dont tuck near as fast enough, so i was wondering if theres some type of drill or exrecise that i can learn to tuck quicker, or should i just continue to keep practicing my flips and hop;e i learn from there? (i have a spotter, and i know HOW to do a front and back flip, i just cant actually perform either.)
Demented thoughts, bleek intentions, and suicidal tendencies. /9:47/

Insincerely yours,
hollywood kid

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: tucking?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 09:21:11 AM »
post a video.

Offline Jordan Lerner

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 09:46:27 PM »
I know that the issue I have is not tucking hard enough, which I attribute to weak core muscles. maybe try strengthening your abs and obliques and lower back muscles to give you a more solid tuck
"Parkour: shift the way you move."

"LET IT BE KNOWN THAT OREGON PARKOUR IN NO WAY SUPPORTS ACCIDENTALLY DROPPING BABIES OUT OF THE WOMB DURING CAT LEAPS" - Stuuuuu

Offline hollywoodkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Hollywood Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 10:16:14 PM »
alright ill work on my core some more, and ill try and post a video, i also noticed i tend to jump forward instead of upward, so its more like a diveroll.
Demented thoughts, bleek intentions, and suicidal tendencies. /9:47/

Insincerely yours,
hollywood kid

Offline Jacob Giles

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 11:55:52 AM »
alright ill work on my core some more, and ill try and post a video, i also noticed i tend to jump forward instead of upward, so its more like a diveroll.
Well, that might be part of the problem. I've noticed that when practicing flips onto my trampoline, moving forward more than up really reduces your air time, forcing you to tuck faster than you have to. Maybe work on your vertical more and see if the same tuck timing works better that way. If not, the try practicing jumping straight up and tucking your knees to your chest hard and fast (without actually flipping) right before the peak of the jump. Once you got this, just combine it with the rotation of the rest of your body during the flip. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Offline Logan Lay

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • LEL Enterprises
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »
My mentor said it's always too early to untuck. A good Hard tuck will get you around fast. Can't say anymore cause everyone already said enough 8)
"I can do All things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phil. 4:13

"I'm Going There. I'm Going There Directly. I'm Going There Directly and Nothing is Going To Stop Me. I'm Going There Right Now." - David Belle

"Train for Life, not for Prestige" - Charles Moreland