Author Topic: training  (Read 1962 times)

Offline hollywoodkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Hollywood Kids
    • View Profile
training
« on: January 09, 2010, 06:03:25 AM »
about how many hours of training and exercise should i put in WEEKLY?
Demented thoughts, bleek intentions, and suicidal tendencies. /9:47/

Insincerely yours,
hollywood kid

Offline Flashblastx

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: training
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 11:39:27 AM »
You shouldnt set a amount of hours to "train". You should live life randomly. If you feel like moving, go out and move. Live for the day and not the future and you will find much more enjoyment, control, and happiness.

Good luck :)
Love

Offline Jacob Giles

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 06:42:13 PM »
Ha ha, you just need to train when you want, when you want. If you see something to vault or a gap to jump, go for it. Like the guy above said, just live free. If you want to put in a daily routine or workout or something, go ahead, but dont let that stop you from ahving fun and being free.

Offline Jacob Giles

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »
Whoops, meant to say "what you want, when you want". lol

Offline hollywoodkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Hollywood Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »
i didnt mean training like actualy parkour itself, i mean training like exercise like lifting weights, crunches all that jazz sorry, thats my fault for not being very descriptive.
Demented thoughts, bleek intentions, and suicidal tendencies. /9:47/

Insincerely yours,
hollywood kid

Offline Jacob Giles

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 08:08:07 PM »
i didnt mean training like actualy parkour itself, i mean training like exercise like lifting weights, crunches all that jazz sorry, thats my fault for not being very descriptive.
Well, I just do a few quick body weight excercises every night and I seem to get by alright. It's up to you really.

Offline Logan Lay

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • LEL Enterprises
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »
It depends on what you desire from your Parkour walk. Is this a Hobby? Or a serious discipline? Anyone who doesn't do a solid work out 3 days a week will probably get injured unless they've been working out consistently for a while or aren't trying to imporve their skills. If this a serious discipline for you, I suggest working out (including days where you just work on skills) 5-6 days a week. A good workout regimin is the APK Work Out of the Day E-mail & Crossfit style workouts in general.

Proper conditioning helps to avoid injury & increase skill level. Those who are really fit usually learn the Parkour Technique a lot faster then the "average" citizen  :) Hope that helps :D

P.S: Demon's Drills are also really good!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:02:35 AM by Logan Lay »
"I can do All things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phil. 4:13

"I'm Going There. I'm Going There Directly. I'm Going There Directly and Nothing is Going To Stop Me. I'm Going There Right Now." - David Belle

"Train for Life, not for Prestige" - Charles Moreland