Author Topic: Flame wars...  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
Flame wars...
« on: January 02, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »
Wow I got into a flame war on my new video... It's a bit of a mouthful, so should this be in it's own topic, or should I post it somewhere else in APK like discussion?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comments
Him - where are you running to?
it seems all so unnecessary to do that
you know you could use a car to get places right?

Me- @haydensk This is all practice for the the unexpected. Though I in most likely situation won't ever need to use this, I am ready to. Everyone walks around the railings, but I see possibilities. If everyone kept thinking the same, we'd have a boring world, endless repeats. A gray world. So I think out side the box, and this thought process doesn't only apply to obstacles, but to life as a whole. I don't see everything so straight forward, there are possibilities still to discover. Next comment.
Me - @haydensk And what about the things about today's stereotype of the American, or teenager in general being too lazy. I won't use a car unless it is over ten miles away, maybe twenty. I can always ride a bike too. And what about the all scaredy thing of global warming. Emissions bla bla bla. And as unnecessary as it is, it's a dedication like martial arts. With it's own philosophy and ideals. Parkour isn't about just jumping off things. And for the last thing to say. It's fun. Plain and simple.

Him - so you don't know how to drive and you still think climbing and running around is fun?
i used to do that kind of stuff when i 7 so maybe you have a development problem

Me - @haydensk Well One thing is I don't like driving, I've gotten in a few crashes and hit while walking, so I really don't want to drive and not be sure what another person is going to do. Go or stay, slow down or speed up. And with traffic on this island, it's nothing I want to do soon. And why should I drive, what is wrong with walking, and that's free, no paying for gas there.
And as I said, this isn't just jumping around, there is more behind this than you think. If you saw a man doing martial

Him - ah so paranoia
all i see is a boy playing here

Me - @haydensk arts it wouldn't look so bad, and they have a philosophy behind it, and everything is not just for looks. You train mind and body. You played around jumping off things, I drill my self with one move over and over until I can get it down without fail. I build up my strength and condition my body for the movement. And why should I be content with just walking around the railings? I want to push my body to it's natural limits. Before common technology like cars, we would move like this.

Him
- one you suck two its called playing three you have no evidence of how humans moved like that before us four you suck again

Message I sent(Stupid character limits of comments)

Because I'm tired of character limits I moved to a message. And if your to lazy to ready, then you really shouldn't be flaming me.

To answer that, yes I do have a slight paranoia towards cars, for quite a while. And getting hit by a car does not help one bit. I have a trust issue and I am paranoid of my surroundings. I used to keep a knife on me it got so bad. But even through that, everyone has there own fear and weaknesses. But we all have our own strengths and virtues too.

All you see during martial arts it two people fighting, or maybe some one kicking at the air. But what's behind that? Conditioning, training. Blood, sweat, and tears. Drilling until you are ready. But how often would you have to use it? Once in a blue moon. Same with Parkour. You see me jumping around but behind it is so much more, and the mind set behind it all.

I quote a man George Hebert in what parkour can be loosely defined as

Parkour more than just a sport is a philosophy. We believe that if one can overcome the Mental Obstacles that obscure the minds path from performing, like fear, one can physically overcome what seems to be normally impossible, this is not limited to the physical body, but it also can be use to prove oneself that if one can control the physical body though positive mental focus, one can also eliminate any limiting believe and achieve/succeed in any area of your life by using the same mind set. We express our mental strength, physical strength and freedom through unlimited body movements.

If civilization had not evolved the way it did, it would only be normal for us to move this way. Therefore we are just letting out primordial instinctive self be free, as an animal creation of Mother Nature.

"etre fort pour ĂȘtre utile" (be strong, to be useful).
George Hebert

And though this I'm not as paranoid. By letting your fears win you get pulled under into dementia. I've stopped with the knife and have started trusting people. And through this I have gotten mentally stronger along with physically stronger.

I quote American Parkour, a vary large community on "what parkour is" though you can never define something like this. It could be compared to a  quote from witch name I forget, "It's like the ocean. Changeless yet ever changing."

Parkour is the physical discipline of training to overcome any obstacle within one's path by adapting one's movements to the environment.

* Parkour requires... consistent, disciplined training with an emphasis on functional strength, physical conditioning, balance, creativity, fluidity, control, precision, spatial awareness, and looking beyond the traditional use of objects.
    * Parkour movements typically include... running, jumping, vaulting, climbing, balancing, and quadrupedal movement. Movements from other physical disciplines are often incorporated, but acrobatics or tricking alone do not constitute parkour.
    * Parkour training focuses on... safety, longevity, personal responsibility, and self-improvement. It discourages reckless behavior, showing off, and dangerous stunts.
    * Parkour practitioners value... community, humility, positive collaboration, sharing of knowledge, and the importance of play in human life, while demonstrating respect for all people, places, and spaces.

And to end it, a seven year old can do this right. But they're playing and messing around, and get hurt very easily. I train my rolls daily keeping them in practice, to keep from getting hurt and killing my knees. If I was just jumping around with out learning proper landing techniques I will end up with arthritis at thirty.  I plan on doing this for years to come, and years after that. "Safety first, safety last, safety always." Another quote by APK I believe. If you just go and jump off building the community shuns you. That's a kid playing.

Now think of judo. You're first month about is all about the proper way to FALL with out getting hurt. That and conditioning.  Now do you think judo or karate is just and over active child? Maybe Parkour can be translated to an analogy of an concert: You see the band playing and only thing of them, but only what happens behind the scenes lets you realize and see what's going on. There's the sound mixer, and you have everyone else.

And I'll end by a personal quote, one by me. "We do what we do 'cause we CAN, the more you tell us we can't the more we CAN!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's it for now... I think I typed to much...
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Flame wars...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
Idk man, but he's obviously a troll. A real person with a real sense of scientific discussion wouldn't go "you suck", that's how a kid fights back. If he thinks walking, running and climbing is for kids, he should get his ass off his seat and go breathe some fresh air. Don't waste your time with him. That lifeless body isn't worth it.

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 06:44:48 PM »
Just do this, a quick way of getting down to it, specifically with youtube. Look at his account to see for credibility and other comments he has posted on other video's. You'll know how much of a troll he is if you just do that....

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 06:51:04 PM »
Wow... and a very big troll he is. I doubt he'll reply to my message though. But I guess if he does there's nothing more I can tell him, after this he'd just be being stubborn.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Offline BrMays

• Patas
  • Unregistered Hypercam 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »
I think you're doing all the work in that conversation, but keeping cool was a good move.  Troll or no troll, he was clearly too provoked by your training to drop the issue, which means you MUST have done something out of the box.   8)
Minneapolis / Western Wisconsin______
Practicing this month: Front Handspring | Kongs | One-handed Reverse

Offline Stacie

• Patas
  • Holy [insert witty word or phrase here], Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 06:09:43 AM »
Don't let people like that get you down. They are neither worth your time nor your energy. Stay positive like you are, and when people like him try to shake it, laugh in their faces and move on. ;)  Ignorant people already know everything, haven't you heard? No use trying to teach them anything. You can't fill a full cup.  ::)
"Do NOT...eat that. It is a poisonous...magicpie!"

turtlekarma

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 11:30:41 PM »
no need to post it in general discussion, we all know youtube is full of trolls.  Just ignore them and they get bored, there's no point in talking to a troll cause all you'll get is more trolling. 

Offline Stacie

• Patas
  • Holy [insert witty word or phrase here], Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 06:18:24 AM »
"Do NOT...eat that. It is a poisonous...magicpie!"

Offline 001 Raijin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • A way of life...
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 03:31:17 PM »
Wow, shame it's not like Xbox LIVE with the mute button, but of course I would have had a quicker more aggressive response to his posts somewhere along the lines of,"STFU kid and go troll somewhere else, "at any rate don't let it get you too down, if he wants to be like that don't waste your time or typing finger stamina, remember: when he's a drone walking around on the ground, you'll be a free birds soaring through the sky.
How do you expect to overcome an obstacle if you keep going under it? -Personal quote.