Author Topic: taco bell diet  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Schuman

• Guenons
    • View Profile
taco bell diet
« on: December 31, 2009, 11:03:52 AM »
http://drivethrudiet.com/
Lol
I doubt anybody will ever lose weight eating taco bell unless they are coming from a diet of coke and hardee's
Focus, Intensity, Tempo,

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
Re: taco bell diet
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 11:22:21 AM »
What the eff....

Well the choices they show really aren't that bad (compared to some) but the problem is they are actually fricken tiny and you would never just get a single one if you want to eat.

They say it is a healthier alternative to other things, which may be true, but people will obviously look at that as an invitation to eat all they want. The T-Bell is without a doubt deliberately taking advantage of that fact.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 11:33:01 AM »
Generally speaking, most people can lose weight eating anything so long as they are in a caloric deficit. Eating fast food, though, makes that horrible unsatisfying and unnecessarily difficult, imho.

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 04:41:43 PM »
I saw the commercial recently and the fine print said that the girl in question was on a 1250 calorie diet.  That's a pretty aggressive deficit, so it makes sense she lost a good deal of weight.

Me?  I think this whole drive thru diet thing is hilariously awesome.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 04:59:28 PM »
LOL Drive thru diet. I think that's an oxymoron :P
If people would just wouldn't mind parking at the end of the lot, they would be in a better shape.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 12:18:29 PM »
The very fact we are discussing this means their advertising has succeeded.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 10:11:34 AM »
The very fact we are discussing this means their advertising has succeeded.
I'm not sure what you're saying here... if you're saying we shouldn't even talk about it, it doesn't really make sense to ignore bad things like this, whether they are obvious to all/most of us or not. If you're just stating the obvious... well yuh, that's the point of advertising and just how it works.

Not like it matters much tho...

I am in favor of a wall of shame... stuff like this, Sketchers Shape-Ups, and the ISO70x would be part of it.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Phil Howe

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 01:17:35 PM »
I think I understand what Steve is talking about, the advertisers' goal is for you to remember and communicate their advertising.  That it provides a reaction that can be passed on to others is a note of success for the campaign.  Even if you do not buy anything of the advertised product, by talking about it, some one not reached by the campaign hears it for the first time, or even hearing it again, and this could lead to a purchase.

Talk is good, but you're playing right into the hands of the advertising man  :-Sarcasm

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 01:52:50 PM »
I don't think they see word-of-mouth advertising in a negative sense as better than no spread at all... :-\

Offline Schuman

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »
I recant my first statement of nobody losing weight on this diet. Two burritos in, there might be enough puking and diarrhea to shred 3 or 4 pounds in a short amount of time.  ;D
Focus, Intensity, Tempo,

Offline GoldenSlumbers

• Patas
  • The Real Geoff Pieper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 11:20:57 PM »
I saw the commercial recently and the fine print said that the girl in question was on a 1250 calorie diet.  That's a pretty aggressive deficit, so it makes sense she lost a good deal of weight.

Me?  I think this whole drive thru diet thing is hilariously awesome.
So her diet consisted of starving herself and occasionally eating tacos.  Sign me up for the Drive-Thru Diet!
“Using no way as way, Having no limitation as limitation.” - Bruce Lee
"The more I see the less I know for sure." - John Lennon

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 09:48:11 AM »
So her diet consisted of starving herself and occasionally eating tacos.  Sign me up for the Drive-Thru Diet!

1250 isn't starving.  It's just an aggressive deficit.  Especially for a girl.  Hell, I was only eating about that many calories a day when I was cutting from 195lbs to 150.

here's teh thing.. I don't think that it's a bad thing.  Taco Bell isn't entirely suggesting that people actually go on a diet consisting of nothing but (though they are a little..).  What it seems to me is that they're now offering a lower calorie option (and, techically, they always offered it) for the people who want something a bit different than their normal fanfare, but are on a diet and are generally restricted anyhow.  The fact of the matter is that people are going to take it the wrong way, people are still going to overeat, people are going to be deluded into thinking that they can gorge on this and be okay..  But that is true of any diet (even Paleo).

If you eat in a deficit, you will lose weight.  Period.  Now, drunkards have an option of eating something less calorically detrimental at 2AM.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:51:42 AM by Andy Animus Tran »
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »
But that is true of any diet (even Paleo).

I understand what you are saying - but it is extremely difficult to gorge on paleo in my opinion and experience.  Not nearly as easy to gorge on paleo as it is on something like Taco Bell.  Paleo its super easy to have a deficit and not even realize it.

Offline Ryan Nicolai

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Notorius Buttmunch
    • View Profile
    • Hehehe
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 02:26:46 PM »
1250 is not starving. I did 300 a day for ten days while continuing my training. Which I do not suggest nor plan on ever doing again.

I like the concept, I've eaten the fresco menu before. My Mom is on an almost completely organic diet and this is one of the few menus that she can stomach from a fast-food joint. So instead of eating a bigmac or whopper, you switch it out with a couple of soft tacos. So at the end of the day, as usual, the individual has to take stock and consciously eat. Regardless of what diet you're on, that little fact will always remain the same.

“The character that takes command in moments of crucial choices has already been determined by a thousand other choices made earlier in seemingly unimportant moments." ~ Ronald Reagan

Offline GoldenSlumbers

• Patas
  • The Real Geoff Pieper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »
Well this is coming from someone who's metabolism doesn't allow for basically any fat.  I only weigh around 120 pounds or so, so if I burn more calories than I take in there's only one source to draw energy from.  1250 calories a day can square out to 3 meals, so it could benefit people.   I'm not really the person to be listening to about weight loss anyway, my problem has always been weight gain.  :(

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 12:19:52 AM »
I understand what you are saying - but it is extremely difficult to gorge on paleo in my opinion and experience.  Not nearly as easy to gorge on paleo as it is on something like Taco Bell.  Paleo its super easy to have a deficit and not even realize it.

I agree.  You'd have to really try.. or be eating a hell of a lot of avocados or somethign.  Just saying that it's possible and every person looking to lose (or looking to gain, for that matter) should be cognizant of what they're putting into their body
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 08:13:54 AM »
Well this is coming from someone who's metabolism doesn't allow for basically any fat.  I only weigh around 120 pounds or so, so if I burn more calories than I take in there's only one source to draw energy from.  1250 calories a day can square out to 3 meals, so it could benefit people.   I'm not really the person to be listening to about weight loss anyway, my problem has always been weight gain.  :(

If you think that 400 calories constitutes a meal, then you have never tried it before.  When you are in that much of a caloric deficit, it is best to go with 1 or 2 meals a day so at least you feel satiety at some point during the day, imho.

Offline GoldenSlumbers

• Patas
  • The Real Geoff Pieper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »
If you think that 400 calories constitutes a meal, then you have never tried it before.  When you are in that much of a caloric deficit, it is best to go with 1 or 2 meals a day so at least you feel satiety at some point during the day, imho.
Two meals makes more sense, I can see that working.