Author Topic: Phoenix, AZ highschool pk club  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Kyle Relliford

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Phoenix, AZ highschool pk club
« on: December 10, 2009, 07:15:54 AM »
Hey everyone, keo here aka kyle. A friend an I are trying to get a parkour club started at our school. We have a club sponsor and presented it to a head person who also liked and accepted the idea. We need one more signature of approval and then we should have our club up and running.

I was woundering if there was anything that I should know to try and help me get this club started, or anything I should do once it is started.

Offline Kyle Relliford

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix, AZ highschool pk club
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 06:50:01 AM »
Yes!!! I finally got a club started at my school. I'm still trying to figure out how this club is gonna work, I might divide it into differtent group levels? Hopefully everything works out and we get a lot of people to join. Were planning on having our first meeting in about 2 weeks.

Offline Chad

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:41:40 AM »
wow congrats on getting the school to listen to you..you must have been taken cues from francesco...have you had your first meeting yet? and if yes how did it go?
If the sun will rise even one more time, SO WILL I!!!!

Offline KtJack

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »
Thats cool your starting up a club, i live in phx, az as well so im curious where this is, and if it is within range could i come to it. I live by freeway 51 and cactus.

Offline Kyle Relliford

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:09:31 AM »
Well, my fear was realized. No one showed, I mean no one. It was the first meeting so i guess it was to be expected. Is there something I could do to make people come. I'm thinking of putting a video on the announcments.

Offline Kyle Relliford

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 11:52:57 AM »
Sry for not giving any direct answers in a timely fasion. Havnt been on this site in a while. Where its located is right behind north canyon high school which is on 16th st. and union hills. I'm not exactly sure where you are Jack but I hope you are close enough to make it =].

To tell the truth chaos, I havnt gotten any info from Francesco. I got the constitution from someone on this site and I took it from there. I found my sponsor, made the liability release forms, and got the industrial arts teacher to make the club public by posting up YouTube videos on the announcements.

Another update. Well, I was having a hell of a time getting people to show up to my meetings. Then I started playing YouTube videos on my school announcements. As of now there are 36 people who are part of my club. I just hope this number increases as time and training sessions take place =] wish me luck.

P.S. 
We have our first training session today!!!

Offline laXcountry

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 09:58:22 AM »
hi! i started looking at videos of Parkour and it looks really awesome and fun! idk what High school you go to, but im looking for perhaps a beginners club. If you guys are close would you be willing to take people outside of your high school?

Offline Kyle Relliford

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 07:40:14 PM »
I actually went to North Canyon Hugh. I recently moved though. Im not even sure if the club will be continued. however i do know some people who train every week in the north phoenix area. if you are interested text me at 602-509-1953 and i can give you a number to contact them.