Author Topic: so i did something today that i don't usually do  (Read 4395 times)

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
so i did something today that i don't usually do
« on: November 20, 2005, 10:39:53 PM »
usually, i don't like to record myself just because i don't want to have that feeling of wanting to go big for the camera. but today i went out and recorded some but made sure that i only did stuff that i had done before. the place i am at is the middle school near my house, that is where i usually go to train (usually alone). the school name is "moody middle school" which will explain the name of the file. it has got a few good spots to practise stuff but not enough to merit a hotspot thread. the name of the video is called keep trying just because you should. if i know that i can do something, i will keep trying until i make it, not necissarily that day, but i will always come back and try to get it perfect. and keep trying to do it even after i think it is perfect, cause it can never be perfect. ok, i'm rambling a lot for a little video so without further ado:

right click - save target as

-or-

putfile link

oh yea, this entire video was edited in windows movie maker, and it was shot with a $30 "one time use" (read:hacked) camera from cvs.

Offline W0LF

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: so i did something today that i don't usually do
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 09:12:16 AM »
Awesome, looks like a really good spot for a middle school. The ones I see are pretty crummy for PK.  Glad to see a vid ^.~ haha maybe more in the future? O.O

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 03:45:04 PM »
over 20 views and only one reply ???

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 04:03:24 PM »
thats a GREAT theme for a video. I really liked seeing progression instead of super-powers in a video.

5 stars, two thumbs up, 10 out of 10 points...... whatever scale you want, it was a great video!

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 04:58:12 PM »
that reminds me, what is the karma thing for under our names?

Offline LockDown

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 05:28:53 PM »
pretty nice video I like the way it showed the training and progression and bails but you kept going at it. nice karma for you... the karma thing is like a popularity poll that is constant. click applaud it gives them a point and whatever the other one says, it takes away one.

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 08:13:15 PM »
errrr. takes one away?

applaud someone and they get a +1, smite them and they get -1
If you like something they say, applaud them, it shows that they know something about parkour or anything parkour related. if someone is talking out of their behind, smite them and let them know you dont like what they are saying.

uhh, to keep it on topic... im gonna say it was a great video.... again  :P

Offline coastal96

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 07:15:59 AM »
Nice vid . . . I like the music.  A good change of pace from the super fast-paced stuff u normally get in PK vids.  I also liked the bials on the rail to rail precision.  It's cool to see that your not the only one that doesn't stick it ever single time.

Gearsighted

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 05:47:56 PM »
Really nice job man! It was good to see you at the jam, you didn't say much, but then you did that crazy upwards underbar on that japanese maple, right after being harassed by the joisey girls...needless to say I took notice  :o

Very nice concept for a video, and great music!

kaos

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 07:47:59 AM »
I thought the music and the movement were in perfect harmony.