Author Topic: About the Black Friday Jam  (Read 1704 times)

Offline lostcause

• Guenons
    • View Profile
About the Black Friday Jam
« on: November 29, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »
I want to start by saying it was awesome to see everyone again. I'm so glad I was able to make it. Every time I go back to Colorado I'm reminded of what we can all become if we train hard and stay dedicated.

I feel like a tool for even bringing this up but I really think it's important. When we left the fountain for dinner I noticed there was trash all over the steps surrounding the fountain. I grabbed and threw out all I could but there was still some left over. I don't want to offend anybody and I'm pretty sure most of it was left there by mistake anyway but I think we all need to remember to to pick up after ourselves. We don't all have to do the APK Leave No Trace clean up thing but I think everyone should be able to take care of their own trash. Considering our problems with Park Services this year at the national jam we should all be aware of how we are presenting ourselves to the community.

Again I seriously don't want to offend anyone by acting like the trash nazi. I just happened to notice it while I was heading out and I thought I should let everyone know. I look forward to seeing you guys again soon!

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: About the Black Friday Jam
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 06:04:03 PM »
Hey man, thanks for noticing and bringing it up. Personally I didn't notice but I also left a bit earlier then everyone else, I think. What's your name, by the way? So I know who I'm talking to  :)

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:55:18 PM »
I want to start by saying it was awesome to see everyone again. I'm so glad I was able to make it. Every time I go back to Colorado I'm reminded of what we can all become if we train hard and stay dedicated.

I feel like a tool for even bringing this up but I really think it's important. When we left the fountain for dinner I noticed there was trash all over the steps surrounding the fountain. I grabbed and threw out all I could but there was still some left over. I don't want to offend anybody and I'm pretty sure most of it was left there by mistake anyway but I think we all need to remember to to pick up after ourselves. We don't all have to do the APK Leave No Trace clean up thing but I think everyone should be able to take care of their own trash. Considering our problems with Park Services this year at the national jam we should all be aware of how we are presenting ourselves to the community.

Again I seriously don't want to offend anyone by acting like the trash nazi. I just happened to notice it while I was heading out and I thought I should let everyone know. I look forward to seeing you guys again soon!

I agree.

Though, you should have picked it all up and set an example.

Ryan and I passed by a few hours later and cleaned it all up when we noticed the mess...

Offline hollywoodkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Hollywood Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 06:04:42 AM »

i completely agree, whether it be at a jam or not im not one them environmentalists but i think not only is it just right, but it sets a better example for traceurs all together, have you noticed how almost everyone thinks skateboarders are "pot smokin, graffiti painting, hooligans" (granpas words, not mine XD) thats why i try and act as polite as possible when i get kicked off like a school or something if im running.
Demented thoughts, bleek intentions, and suicidal tendencies. /9:47/

Insincerely yours,
hollywood kid

Offline lostcause

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »
I agree.

Though, you should have picked it all up and set an example.

Ryan and I passed by a few hours later and cleaned it all up when we noticed the mess...

I would have but most of it was half-full cups of soda and half-eaten food. I was hoping someone was coming back for that stuff.

This is James by the way.