Author Topic: Photo Shoot Slide show  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Spencer M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Vertical Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Photo Shoot Slide show
« on: November 20, 2005, 09:42:08 PM »
i recently posted some pictures from a parkour photo shoot and have made a video with music with the whole shoot, check it.

here's the link.....BTW if anyone knows if we can put HTML in these posts please let me know how.

http://www.vmix.com/viewVideo.php?ID=436&PHPSESSID=fdf4726fe0d61de1e84b339313927dac
I eat the talking bees because i'm George Washington Christ

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
Re: Photo Shoot Slide show
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 10:31:31 PM »
If you're talking about making your link a name instead of the jargon :p yeah you can do that!

just type (in your case, also replace my round brackets with square brackets) - (url=http://www.vmix.com/viewVideo.php?ID=436&PHPSESSID=fdf4726fe0d61de1e84b339313927dac)Photo Shoot Slideshow(/url)

if you're not talking about that, then ask more specific :p
in other news, nice slideshow! some nice cat grabs in there.

Offline Spencer M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Vertical Pedestrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 10:49:13 AM »
what i was talking about was a way to directly insert the video withought having a link. cause i have it hosted.

Offline PhotosRus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 01:42:09 PM »
Ok well I liked the photos that you had on there and the presentation was nice aswell. you guys also look like you have some pretty good skills!
Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.

Gearsighted

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 03:27:21 PM »
Are you talking about having it streaming directly in your post? Why would you want to torture those with slower connection speeds like that?  ::)

Offline Spencer M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Vertical Pedestrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 04:04:49 PM »
yes, thats what i orignaly wanted....oh well, this works just fine! too bad we still live in a world where 56.k is acceptable............sigh...........
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 06:19:35 PM by Spencer M »

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 09:58:36 PM »
what i was talking about was a way to directly insert the video withought having a link. cause i have it hosted.

if by "hosted" you mean the vmix site, it would be very hard to stream it from there onto any site. also, i am pretty sure this forum doesn't allow code that streams audio or video. unless, you made the video into a really long and unnecissarily large gif and posted that (of course then it would have no audio)

as for the "video", i really hate when pictures are put in a video slideshow. it is like the old dr. seuss movies  :-X i mean the pictures i saw were pretty good (i only made it through about half) but you would probably be better off just hosting the pictures on like photobucket and then putting those in your post. the benefits of which would be: higher quality, smaller all around size, and the viewer (that's us) would have more control over the content. that is all.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 10:04:22 PM by klaymen »

Offline Spencer M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Vertical Pedestrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 12:04:08 AM »
thanks! but I'm just trying different things. Most people have video & i thought it would be cool to do something new while making a PK presentation....i liked it and it worked for some. but if you don't like it thats cool. That tells me to just shoot video from now on! which is what you'll get next time since thats not the first negative feedback i got about this sideshow.