Author Topic: Ilabaca: Choose not to Fall  (Read 12023 times)

Offline Grant (LOTRFreak993)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Ilabaca: Choose not to Fall
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2009, 03:00:31 PM »
So how do we know whether or not people condition? I am a little confused about that. I see that Daniel just chooses to not personally train. He just does it whether or not he calls it training or not. He says everything he does whether it is what you call conditioning or not is parkour in his eyes.

I personally love Daniels philosophy I feel like there is nothing wrong with it. Everyone has a choice to do what he or she wants. Daniel chooses to live it for God and not fall behind. I respect that.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 03:02:49 PM by Grant (LOTRFreak993) »

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 04:39:03 PM »
Wow, how did this awesome video become sort of a conditioning argument? I was sort of dissapointed to watch it then read this thread, not about the amazing philosophy Daniel said, but about conditioning...
I eat a lot of food.

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 10:51:21 AM »
I'm really, really sorry to be reviving this thread. But I think a lot of people haven't seen this. Gabe Arnold awhile back wrote his thoughts on conditioning, and I think it's definitely worth reading.

http://motion2.wordpress.com/2009/12/12/conditioning-to-do-or-not-to-do/#more-121

Offline Standard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2010, 11:05:08 AM »
I agree with both sides of this I guess. I think everyone needs to find their own way but I also think that Daniel has some valid points.
Either way, it's a great video and was pretty inspirational for me.

Offline Sezon

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »
I don't condition, but I ran track and played football years before integrating the way of Parkour into my life, so maybe it's my natural athleticism that gives me the privilege of progressing rapidly in Parkour, without any additional training.
And to be more on topic, I don't think Daniel meant what he said literally, just figuratively.
You can fall anytime, but you are considerably more likely to fall when fear places a role at that specific moment.