Author Topic: New Parkour Gym in CT  (Read 11354 times)

Offline scotty1388

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
New Parkour Gym in CT
« on: November 15, 2009, 04:55:28 PM »
Hey,
We just opened a Parkour gym in Middletown, CT.  We put a couple grand into the facility already.  We had our first introductory Parkour class in early November, and classes start in December.  Go to our website www.modernselfdefense.com or email me at Scotty1388@cox.net for more info.
-Scott

Offline Cheshire Parkour

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: New Parkour Gym in CT
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 08:35:57 AM »
WOAHH!!! I'm definantly gunna have to come by Middletown for this!! Can't wait for classes to start! how was the turnout for Nov 8th?
In memory of Andrew. Rest in peace, fellow traceur.

Break, away from everybody. Break, away from everything. If you can't stand the way this place is, take yourself to higher places. - threedaysgrace

Offline MclovinF22

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 09:02:49 PM »
thats awesome... would you happen to have any photos of the gym??
The definition of obstacle- To overcome....

Offline Travis S

• Patas
  • das flow
    • View Profile
    • UMass Parkour
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 10:44:44 PM »
How likely would an indoor jam be? We could all throw in for the space perhaps.

Offline scotty1388

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 03:57:41 PM »
Sorry for the delay in posting.  The November seminar had 15 people; the December one had 14 people.  The last weekly class of 2009 had 16 people show up, it was amazing.  Classes are running now.  The actual website is just being started.  Until then, you can check out pictures at www.modernselfdefense.com, our meetup group www.meetup.com/AMParkour/, or friend me on facebook for tons of photos (scott hoffman, uconn '10).  I think a Jam session is definitely in the cards.  Hell, every class basically turns into a jam session.  I'll talk to the owner about having a full fledged Jam event though, he gives me a really good deal to run my classes out of there, so it should be a good time.  If you have more questions, hit me up at AMParkour@gmail.com.

My goal is to make Parkour big in CT.  It's too amazing to keep to ourselves.