Author Topic: Scarred for life  (Read 5590 times)

Offline BearMills

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Grizzly
    • View Profile
Re: Scarred for life
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 09:54:29 PM »
im not even going to start on loosing and chipping teeth haha
Co-Founder

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 10:12:24 PM »
I just have some on my shins.  About three on each side that range between 1 and 3 inches.  If they happen to start fading I usually accidentally get a new one to replace it lol.  They aren't super visible under my leg hairs though.  I have had several REALLY close calls that could have been more serious, and one really bad fall where I felt like I had internal bleeding.  Did I two foot rail precision, the one I took off from bent (rusty), so I didn't quite go far enough, my toes slipped off the bar I was trying to land on, and I fell down and the bar smashed across my pelvis/bladder.  Oh man.  It was when I was relatively new and I was right in front of my mom lol.   

Offline Trevor

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 07:05:22 AM »
I too have a crescent shaped scar on my chin from getting bitten by a dog. But it's on the left side.

I honestly have one major goal in life, and I will do whatever I can to accomplish it.

Offline Jacob Chess

• Mangabey
  • Peace, Love, Sole.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »
None, I am very safe when I train the worst I have every experienced is fainting because of a botched precision.
"There is no problem so big it cannot be run away from."

10 push-ups/post! ^^

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
None, I am very safe when I train the worst I have every experienced is fainting because of a botched precision.

FAINTING!?!?!  What do you mean botched precision? 

(reminds me of the madtv skit about botched circumcisions). 

Offline Dylan Antonsen

• Mangabey
  • Have efficiency, will travel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 03:39:28 PM »
you win
ocoo', what do I win?
(parkour scars?)

Lots of precision bail scars, jeez, I'll be sure to just sack myself with a rail instead of bailing xD.
Ten pushups, twenty crunches, twenty squats.
^My version of the ten pushups club.

Offline BearMills

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Grizzly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
FAINTING!?!?!  What do you mean botched precision? 

(reminds me of the madtv skit about botched circumcisions). 
Yeah fainting..? I have noticed this with me and it turns out it happens to my friends a lot... whenever i get up from sitting down well not every time but most times my vision goes white like im in vertigo and i get really dizzy... it's wierd but yeah
Co-Founder

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 08:16:50 PM »
Yeah fainting..? I have noticed this with me and it turns out it happens to my friends a lot... whenever i get up from sitting down well not every time but most times my vision goes white like im in vertigo and i get really dizzy... it's wierd but yeah

It's because when you sit (not on a chair) and fold your legs, you constrict your leg's blood vessels. Then when you stand up quickly, the blood rushes down your legs, leaving less blood circulating in your brain, leading that feeling of fainting.
It happened to me all the time. one time I lied down for 2 hours, then stood up quickly, fainted, woke up 2 seconds later then my head started hurting. ow.

EDIT: I had minor scars on my right elbow from rolling.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:18:48 PM by Hazim Salem »

Offline Gage E.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 02:08:20 PM »
I JUST had one, I was attempting a frontflip off a fence and overotated, and ate it. I think i broke my nose... again haha.
You Know Your a Traceur When All The Obstacles in Life You Thought Were There Now Have Become Opportunities.

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 06:45:06 PM »

god does that suck when youre trying to grab something above your head...

in school i did a one step wall run to a pipe on the ceiling, as soon as my foot came off the wall i blacked out for a second and woke up on the ground with sharp pains in both elbows...

i went from sitting to doing this so probably my fault, lol
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10

Offline Observer13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • If You Can Not Walk, Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 01:34:46 PM »
i got one from doing a flip off a garage, i jumped, did one, and i sort of started another one. Then i dunnu why but i could see anything for a moment, then i woke up on the floor with a broken arm and sore head :D hurt for a few days.
Running is not for people, It's for Physcos!

Offline BrandonDean

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2009, 02:03:25 PM »
Only prominent scar I have is on my shin. It's more of a dent... I was practicing my balance on top of a wooden bench before my workout. I went to get and my right foot slipped. I hit my shin really hard, hopped over to another part of the park, and looked to see what I had done. I had a white area a little under an inch wide. After around five minutes, it started bleeding. Apparently, I hit it so hard that it compressed or something to where the blood couldn't get out. Hurt too bad to do any of the landings my training that day required, so I hobbled home. Now I have a half-inch scar on my shin that creates a little dent in my leg.

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2009, 07:28:44 PM »
i realized i forgot to post my scar stories, lmao

the only bad one i have is on my knee. i was konging over a railing that was on an angle (so people wouldnt sit on it) and i smacked my knee on it, having to land on one leg was turrible...
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10

Offline NewToParkour/Freerunning

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 09:16:01 PM »
So far no scars from parkour yet. But I do have a couple of scars from other random stuff, wanna hear about 'em? Great! ok the first is from when I was like 6 and my 4 year old brother had taken the floor vent covers(like they have in mobile homes) out of the slots in the floor and I was getting out of my sisters computer desk chair and I had my eyes closed for some reasone and I fell through and got two scars up my right shin one of them was about 3 inches long and the other about 5. and the other is from onther was from when I was like 8 and I was trying to watch my brother play video game on his game boy and he wasn't in a good mood so he kicked me in the HEAD and i fell backwards and smacked my mouth on the corner of the coffee table and split the left side of my mouth open. And he wasn't even sorry. the other is more recent I was helping my dad lay some tile( I was trying to earn some extra cash) and he had just cut a fresh piece of tile in half (so it look like a tri-angle thingy) and accidently stabbed with in the forearm with it. now that one is wierd cuz when I get really worked up or something it puffs up and gets red. and the other was from where I wasmobbed by yellow jackets and one of the little buttholes stung a dent in my skin.(but another flew up my brothers pants and stung him on the butt lol)
I don't have any idea what I'm doing, but I do it anyway.

Offline Peter Steinke

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »
not so much a physical scar... but once i was vaulting a railing with a 6foot drop after and hit my toe.... went head first down and cracked two ribs.... worst pain i have ever had..(landed on concrete btw)

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2009, 03:34:23 PM »
i have a firm no tolerance policy for falls bad enough they can hurt me.

i have however had simple scrapes and a few deep cuts but, nothing that required any hospital visit or substantial time away from training.

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline rodvarg

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »
Small scar on my shin from training with shorts on and missing a precision jump, twisted ankle from landing on a slippy patch of grass and that's about it...Oh and my gf who is sitting behind me says " You don't get scars from parkour, you get them from effing up "
“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way.”
- Dr. Seuss

Offline Adam C

• Hirundo Rustica
  • I jump over stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2009, 06:40:32 PM »
I just got my first noteworthy injury today. I did a wall-run/wall-jump to a ledge, caught on, slipped, and tore open my hand. I'm actually really happy about it, and I don't have to explain why, because you all know why. It's a traceur thing.  ;D
"Hi! I'm Mark Toorock from American Parkour. Today, we're going to be showing you parkour."

I will crush my mental blocks into a fine powder, and then I will construct a fabulous Zen garden.

Offline Josh

• Patas
  • CHIEFTAIN PK/ Movement 101
    • View Profile
    • Chieftain PK
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 01:07:57 PM »
I wouldn't really call it a scar, but I can't support as much weight on my left arm than I can on my right due to an injury from a bailed reverse vault.
"Repetition of the simple is NOT a waste of time. Practice of the advanced without the perfection of the simple IS a waste of time." ~ Rick Henry

"Train in what you usually wear. Zombies won't wait for you to change out of your jeans."~ Patrick Yang

Offline Eli

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Wow, you guys still exist after all these years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 01:15:32 PM »
Various Arm Scars from learning the climbup. Im sure more will come along when I decide to get back into learning it.
The Greatest Lesson A Traceur Learns
Quote from: Sai Chikine
Parkour spots are buried in random places.

Looking for me on the web?
Just Search for "SticktheFigure"