Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!!  (Read 109386 times)

Offline SkyNative

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Introduce Yourself!!
« on: November 09, 2005, 10:49:13 PM »
Welcome to APK. I hope you enjoy your stay.

If you are a Michigan traceur, say your:

name
clan
city
friends
how long have you done parkour
social security number....
bank account......
anything you want to say.

*Also, try to keep this thread just for intro's / list of people. If you wanna "holla" to your "home boys," or for general MI-PK discussion you can make a new thread in this main forum. Jam announcements go in the "MI Jams" sub-forum. Other than that have fun and keep it clean.

I'll go first.

I'm Levi from Traverse City.
The clan here is the remnants of "The Movement" and some other peeps we picked up along the way.
I don't have any friends.  :(
I've been doing parkour-like stuff for 2.5 - 3 years
I also go to a gym and do gymnastic type stuff.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 06:44:58 PM by SkyNative »

Nem

Re: Introduce Yourself!!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 06:48:45 AM »
I'm Jeremy from port Huron, more commonly known as Nem.
I am the oldest upstanding member of 3MPYRE
Located as I've said, in Port Huron
I've made several friends via pk.  Among these are Levi, Frosti, Will, and some 35 year old guy who did pk.   ;D
Come march, I'll be pushing two years.

Keep on flowing.

Offline Cork

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • The Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:04:37 PM »
Hey.  I'm Anthony.  Some call me Tony, but you can call me whatever you want (within reason). 
I've just started parkour, and have alot to learn.  I'm not in a clan yet, as I'm new and I don't know many around me that are into it, but I've been telling some friends.  I'm from Madison Heights, which is in the Detroit area.  No, I'm not a gangster, and yes, I know who Eminem is.  Just to get those questions out of the way (I've heard them several places...).  I've done Tang Soo Do for awhile (it's a form of karate, and yes, it accually required talent, effort, and disipline)

I also visit Texas alot, so I might check in with that board.  So don't be pissed if you see me posting there.

Nice to be a member.

"Damn the man, save the Empire!"

Offline Michael Zernow

• Captain Jetpack
  • Global Moderator
  • Patas
  • I believe in myself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:07:43 PM »
I'm asian mike, i live in Chicago now, but I was Frosti, co founder of the Movement.
I've been doing pk for a few years now and I'd like to think it's become something like a big part of my life.
So I'm going to college in Chi-Town and have taken my place in the Aero krew with my good buddy Ando, but i miss my krew from back home, but it's in cpable hands, Levi is definitely worthy to hold up TCPK without me, but hopefully he'll be coming to visit soon enough.
I'm also involved in some martial arts, mainly Aikido which i've done since i was a wee tot, bouldering and buildering, breakdancing, and i'm a Cinematography major here at Columbia College.

Why i'll be a good Mod, i think i'll be a good mod because i'm here for the people, i care about the people, and i am one of the people. I have been to jams all over Michigan, including PKMI1, and also in Hawaii(where i'm also a mod), New York for both PKUSA's, DC, Toronto, and many more. I'm also the only person to ever pk the Hudson River. This one one of the many reasons i will make a stellar mod for this forum, so i hope you all vote for me, Frosti, to be your mod, even though i already am. Thank you, and good evening.

Nem

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 05:56:01 AM »
He's got my vote!!!  Pking the Hudson did it. ;D

Offline Conniver

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 06:39:28 PM »
Hey all. My name's Justin and I'm from the Wayne/Westland area. I'm a senior in high school, and I came across David Belle's "Chase" clip, and I was pretty much amazed at how he moved with such ease... so I started reading and checking things out at www.urbanfreeflow.com, and www.screwgravity.com.  My brother and I have been training for a while now, but today it was 20 friggin' degrees outside, so that makes things a bit tough, lol.

So, seeing as I'm quite the noob compared to most of you, do any of you have any suggestions as to things that I should really concentrate on?  I pretty much just weight train, and practice some of the specific moves I've seen.

Anyways, nice to (kind of) meet all of you.   ;D

Offline Cork

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • The Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 07:36:03 PM »
Yeah, how about that 20 degree weather...it bites...yeah.

So, PK season is basically over for me, unless I do some in Texas.  Or go crazy and do some up at Frankenmuth.  If you live in Michigan, you probably know where that is, and know that there are several oppertunities to PK up there.  Several nice spots, if I remember right,

Nem

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 05:50:29 AM »
I was considering a jam for right after thanksgiving, but its just too figgin cold.  However, Levi, if you are still in the area, call me up and we'll go for a quick run or something.

Offline Conniver

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 11:48:44 AM »
Yeah, I really like the idea of coming and meeting with some of you guys at a jam, cuz' I know I could learn a ton.

When and if we do have a jam, where would it be?

Offline michiganparkour

• Patas
  • WHAAAAAAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 12:56:35 PM »
hi im cody i live in port huron like nem does and hes the one who taught me pk really but ya i introducded my self
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 03:19:24 PM by michiganparkour »
Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Dzokhar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 09:23:11 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm Ryan or Dzokhar of the former 4m3r1k3n clan, and I suppose solo on the scene now, although I've probably got a clan as of now. I'm friends with Frosti, SkyNative, and lots of other guys. I picked up PK shortly after the original 4m3r1k3n clan got into it, and I've been loving it ever since then. I invented my own move, the donkey kick, which is pretty gay, but what the hell. I'm going to try to release some solo stuff out on the good ole APK Pics and Vids, and I hope you all check it out.

/Dzo

Offline Nem

• Patas
  • I'm back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 09:18:19 AM »
I also know of the Giant Robot Pirates, located in Mt. Pleasant.  I haven't seen any of their guys on here yet though.
Rusty, but still solid.

Offline dauntless

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Pain just shows your not dead yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2005, 11:23:53 AM »
Hi, The name is Kristofer,  Most call me Kris, some call me Tofer, very few call me Taz.

I am from Mt. Pleasant, I am not affiliated with any groups, nor have I met any of the Giant Robot Pirates.

I have been really interested in Parkour stuff for several years, but just recently started training for it,  I have just about know upper body strength So i am working on that a lot, but my leg strength is Crazy disproportionate to the rest of my body.

I am still pretty new and trying to get myself up and running and into PK scene, i have done things kinda like this all my life, but never really started putting it into a discipline until about a year and a half ago, and i would have sooner but I Messed my ankle up really bad for about a year or so, But I'm comming back trying to get myself back in good shape and build my upper body so i can do everything I want and need to do for PK.

Well, if anyone is in the area and knows some good places to Jam, I would love to get out and jam sometime.  Also, we are trying to get a PK club started up at CMU, so we can use the schools Gymnastics equipment.

I am still pretty new to this, so if anyone has any good sudjestions for some places to practice around the state, or some really good upper body exercises to build the upper body I would appreciate anything.

Kris
The harder it is to get, the more I want it.  I have never failed at reaching a goal I have set out to achieve, just haven't got them all yet.

Offline Nem

• Patas
  • I'm back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 08:58:54 PM »
I know Xero AKA Ben who goes there.  Is he the one who got you into it?  Anywho, I'll eventually make a trip to CMU to Jam, it would be awesome to meet you.
Rusty, but still solid.

Offline SkyNative

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 09:44:33 PM »
Hey, Kristofer Ray Miller. Welcome to APK. If your interested in staying in shape, especially through the winter, be sure to check out the workout of the days on the main page, or under fitness.

As for locations and such you mind find it entertaining to know that we have had two michigan jams there, here are the videos from them. They should give you some ideas of places to go and stuff to try. If you stick with it, Im sure Ill see you at some jam in the future. Flow well!

PK-MI1
http://levim.retrobyte.net/Video/PKMI.mov
*listen closely at the end...

PK-MI3
http://levim.retrobyte.net/Video/pk-mi3.wmv
*we also took a quick spin to the alma campus which is AMAZING for PK, but security's a little tight.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 09:54:03 PM by SkyNative »

Offline Redneck427

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • can't, run, with, thing, on, back!
    • View Profile
    • My Soundclick. Dig my jamz
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2005, 09:56:48 PM »
yo, im ron, i used to live in Saline on Warner road off of michigan ave. anyone from around there?
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."
                                                    - Romans 12:2a (NIV)

Offline DanMan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 05:39:02 PM »
DanMan the BackFLiping Man is Here Man

I am from Jackson.. I m 18. Names Danny Vickers. Aka DanMan

I just started PK. And I love it. basically I just do backflips off walls and stuff. None of the jumping.. didnt kno nothing bout that, but watch'd some vids and now I got some ides. Gonna tear it up.

Here was a video I did yesterday. My first.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/1633564753016966/bakflip1/

Offline dauntless

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Pain just shows your not dead yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 08:53:43 AM »
PK-MI1
http://levim.retrobyte.net/Video/PKMI.mov
*listen closely at the end...

PK-MI3
http://levim.retrobyte.net/Video/pk-mi3.wmv
*we also took a quick spin to the alma campus which is AMAZING for PK, but security's a little tight.

I know some of these guys, I might have too look them up, I didnt know they were into PK
The harder it is to get, the more I want it.  I have never failed at reaching a goal I have set out to achieve, just haven't got them all yet.

Offline Cork

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • The Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 07:49:36 PM »
Hey, my sister goes to Alma.  You got any vids or pics from there?  I haven't been up there long enough to see any spots, maybe next time.  But yeah, that's cool.

Offline Nem

• Patas
  • I'm back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 10:10:32 AM »
Man those videos are old...I remember the good times at the alma college.  Its pretty sweet.
Rusty, but still solid.