Author Topic: Image background for HIpk site.  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Derek broussard

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • bluewaterdreamz
Re: Image background for HIpk site.
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 02:59:31 PM »
I love your pics. From the thumbnail, the background is more attention-getting than the content.

I don't think that the images being attention grabbing are a bad thing... Its my opinion that parkour is attention grabbing, only a small group of us choose to move in an undomesticated fashion. Which makes us stand out like sore thumbs.

But my argument is that there is nothing on the HIPk page that NEEDS your undivided attention, No big words, complex equation,  mind numbing riddles.  let the photos of our community make us stand out.

Also just relized, how often do actual members of this site look at the HIPK site. Im assuming that most go directly to the apk-hi forums?  if this is the case them the HIpk site is more for local introductions to the art.

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 03:11:43 PM »
I only look at the middle for a split second to see if there is something new. But other than that I go to the forums. So yeah, the site would be for those just checking out the community and if they do they they'd be focused on the page. It doesn't seem like it'd distract that bad anyways.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 03:31:14 PM »
...there is nothing on the HIPk page that NEEDS your undivided attention, No big words, complex equation,  mind numbing riddles.  let the photos of our community make us stand out.

Also just relized, how often do actual members of this site look at the HIPK site. Im assuming that most go directly to the apk-hi forums?  if this is the case them the HIpk site is more for local introductions to the art.

Hmmm... this might solve your problem, Ozzi...

Since there's nothing that NEEDS undivided attention... and most people come to the APK forum... let's replace the front page "news" area with a Twitter feed. You can update it from a cell phone, or pc, and tinyurl link to the APK article or forum. That would reduce the daily maintenance to one or two tweets, as opposed to writing a long post.

First I was being sarcastic, but now I'm thinking it might actually do the job, and be a lot easier. Your thoughts?

Then we can fill some of the other area with some of the best photos. Community in action...

turtlekarma

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »
I really like the photo strip idea.  I think it'd get people pretty stoked to see themselves up on the site...would probably get HIPK name out there with people showing others pics of themselves on the website.  Maybe put HIPK website water mark on them?

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 01:08:11 PM »
I like your idea Ryan. HIpk watermars with the site or something. Ill work on somthing this weekend.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 01:39:29 PM »
I don't think we need a big watermark. Maybe a little thing in the corner, like the bluewaterdreamz.com on the Pali pics. It's not too big, but it's readable.