Author Topic: Some of China Town  (Read 2851 times)

turtlekarma

Some of China Town
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
10/19/2009 Me, Flippy Sean, and Josh (new guy from cali parkour)....we went through china town to do some recon.  Wasn't too much to see, but the few spots we found were fun.  Skate park was a fun place to warm up at while we waited for sean.

This is the first spot we found...nice blocky statue, fun to climb...had some guys throwing dice on a near by table...got freaked cause I started taking pics of them lol and they ran.

Honestly the best spot we found...tables and pillars were fun to play on.  The Chinese shop owners near by gave us funny looks, but no one stopped us.  I would definetly not mind going back to this spot.

Didn't actually play on this one, but if you don't mind getting wet/ could convince security to let you play...it'd be fun

Tiny little park with some rocks to jump on...nothing spectacular....had some weird guy practicing lines for a play or something near by...he fell in the water at one point because he was so into his speech wasn't looking where he was going. 

We did get to HPU hawaii pacific University....but there really wasn't anything there.  Probably shoulda just went to go check out the piers near by... Overall not a bad place to check out...China Town's been significantly "cleaned" up over the past couple of years...so if you're worried about it being "dangerous" it's fine now...just alot of random harmless homeless around. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 10:25:15 PM by Ozzi »

JCDubb

Re: China Town...not everything, just stuff we saw
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:51:56 PM »
why are seans arms always crossed?

turtlekarma

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:56:29 PM »
his ankle isn't fully recovered so he couldn't do too much today...I think he was a bit annoyed

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:29:16 AM »
I remember biking thru there before it was cleaned up.
Sean's arms aren't always crossed. See the first picture?

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 10:24:37 PM »
That second pic looks like a great spot, lots of precision, tics tac and flow.
That block does look like fun, think we could hold a jam around there and have enough to move around?
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

turtlekarma

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 12:15:53 AM »
That second pic looks like a great spot, lots of precision, tics tac and flow.
That block does look like fun, think we could hold a jam around there and have enough to move around?

probably just a small one...the piers near by look like they've got potential...also dole is in the neighborhood...I always see good stuff when I drive by there...just never fully scoped it out.  Would like to do more exploring there though when I've got time....

Offline ManiacKevin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Some of China Town
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 02:33:13 AM »
Going there tomorrow, do some scouting and play around. Also I have never been at China Town so this will be a interesting experience.

Nos0323

Re: Some of China Town
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:33:17 PM »
kool never realized that china town had so much kool looking stuff but the tables looked kool to fool around with for a noob like me  ^^ ;)