Author Topic: What would you like to see?  (Read 10849 times)

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
Re: What would you like to see?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 10:21:37 AM »
I'd like to see it come out on a specific date

Usually within the first week of the new month, but we're working on getting it out consistently on an exact day  ;)
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline P.R. Stuart

• Guenons
  • An All-American Patriot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 10:09:05 AM »
I say somebody suggest pictures from away, since we're all so "far flung" as he said--Where would I send in my pics of Parkour in the Orient?
I decided not to put something deep here.  I'm in this for the physical aspect, the mental and spiritual are my own.

Offline Janine

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Pacific Northwest Parkour Association
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »
Send those pics to me!  Janine@americanparkour.com .  It would be great to have input from a community so far away.  Could you do a quick write up about the picture, and your community?  I'd love to include it as a feature for next month.

Also, to all the rest of you with your great ideas, thanks!  If you personally want to be involved in the writing of any of your suggestions, please shoot me an email!

<3 the feedback,
Janine
Get your hooks in!

Offline BrandonDean

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 11:04:44 AM »
I think an article on dedication would be great. There are too many people out there that want the fun without the work. Parkour takes a lot of hard training to get good. Or at least to get it safely. I'm tired of hearing guys say that they want to train and get better, but then don't do anything. Too many people would rather play games than go out and work their butts off. Shoot, I would even write it myself.

Offline Janine

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Pacific Northwest Parkour Association
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »
Please do!  It sounds like you have something to say.  I'd love to read an article on your thoughts on dedication.  Send it my way by Friday and it might even make the next issue.
Get your hooks in!

Offline BrandonDean

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »
Ummm.... I'm see what I can cook up.

Offline Impulse1990

• Patas
  • Limits are meant to be passed
    • View Profile
    • Youtube account
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 04:57:02 PM »
Do a story on a different Free running/Parkour group from all different areas, that would be pretty cool.

Offline Zoolu

• Guenons
  • He who hesitates is lost....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 09:03:07 PM »
I'm thinking that since we already have the affiliate program, why not set it up with those that are willing to have a sort of "Local Update" section?

Here's the idea:

I'm from Wisconsin, and I want to see some of the stuff that's been going on in the area, so I get the magazine, turn to the section, and find a short write-up or article talking about the scene (maybe the latest hotspot) and what local traceurs/traceuses are doing. Maybe throw in some pictures, and a little "upcoming events" piece and you've got the section. Repeat for each affiliate and you've got a nice little chunk of the mag taken care of.

Hopefully, this can also encourage groups that aren't yet "affiliates" to be like, "Hey, I wanna see MY group in the magazine too!" Well, there's an opportunity for greater national cohesion of the community - something that should never be downplayed.
With great power, comes great responsibility.

Watch out for pterodactyls!

Flow like water - break the law of gravity.

Offline Joshua Pagan

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 02:45:17 PM »
i really liked the Traceur Tech idea; i know lots of people who want to build something to train/workout on just incase they cant go to a gym or it just being more convinient for them, like i have absolutely no acess to a gym to train at... its all in my back yard and i keep looking for ways to improve my 'home gym'... i also like the news on jams idea, alot of times i look for jams in my area and i find out about them by watching the video of what happened at the jam... meaning i missed it... which sucks for any traceur... just my input... is the FR out in print already? if so where can i order it? how much is it? if its not when will it be? thx :)
If your afraid to fall, you fall because your afraid
- Daniel Illabaca

Offline Tex__

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Shoe!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 10:16:46 PM »
i would like to see a printed version for those who can't/don't want to stare at the computer for long periods of time. i would love to have a paper copy to carry around
To have no regrets would mean you never cared about anything; and if that's the case, you are a sad human being indeed. -FrostySTL

Welcome to the f#cking internet.

Offline Alex frogger Brown

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 03:11:58 PM »
i think id be great if we could get a PDF version of the mag that we could save and print or wever we wished
*PMPA*
"And traceurs we shall be family, for motion sets us free. Power descendeth forth from our hands, as our feet carry us swiftly across the land. May our flow be like water to thee, and in play shall we forever be. In nomine Belle, et Yamakasi, et Spiritu APK. Amen."