Author Topic: Paul "Leon" Mederos Community Interview  (Read 22949 times)

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
Paul "Leon" Mederos Community Interview
« on: September 28, 2009, 01:08:05 PM »
 This week we will start with Paul "Leon" Mederos

Leon's Sampler

Let the questions begin!!!!

edited by Leon: I WANTED TO ADD COOL PICTURES HAHAHAHAHA  8)
edited by Andy: Me too!!!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 07:52:31 AM by Andy Keller »
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 05:26:46 PM »
Leon, What is your basic conditioning routine, I'm always curious of how other traceurs train (do you do Starting Strength, gymnastic/bodyweight workouts, etc.?)
                            Thanks,
                                          Grayson
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 07:09:20 PM »
Leon, I can't imagine you ever being less than completely positive/happy. What's your secret? How do you stay so positive all the time? Do you ever get discouraged/upset, and if so, what do you do when that happens?

(Does that count as 3 questions? Sorry if I broke any rules... having a hard time articulating what I want to find out, here). :)
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Elet ET

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Smite me, Oh Mighty Smiter!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »
What kind of bow/ how long have you been/ how often do you shoot?
ProParkour--ANTI-ADVERB!!!!!

If you don't like their rules, Refuse to play their game.
Anarchy is not CHAOS, but order without CONTROL.
Frederick, MD PK

Offline TR

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 07:41:48 PM »
LOL. Wow.. almost as bad as the red carpet BullS***. "Hey guys.. lets give ourselves rewards and pat ourselves on the back because we make movies and we're so special!" . . . This: "Hey guys.. ask us retarded questions that we will only answer for you once! We're too cool to answer any questions you may have outside of this special week!!"

LOL.. omg this makes me laugh so much.. Like wow... how special do you guys think you are...?

I'm sure most, if not all of you will not view this as I do, so flame as you wish, I really don't care. I just think it's really weak to think so highly of oneself that any answers someone may have for them will only be answered within a certain period of time. Besides, just because these guys are..."hi-lighted" so to speak, doesn't mean they know things others do not.

ANYWAYS, that's all I'm gonna say.. I have no questions, there is nothing to ask that I can't learn from others.

Offline Andy Keller

• Oh baby baby.
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 07:49:46 PM »
LOL. Wow.. almost as bad as the red carpet BullS***. "Hey guys.. lets give ourselves rewards and pat ourselves on the back because we make movies and we're so special!" . . . This: "Hey guys.. ask us retarded questions that we will only answer for you once! We're too cool to answer any questions you may have outside of this special week!!"

LOL.. omg this makes me laugh so much.. Like wow... how special do you guys think you are...?

I'm sure most, if not all of you will not view this as I do, so flame as you wish, I really don't care. I just think it's really weak to think so highly of oneself that any answers someone may have for them will only be answered within a certain period of time. Besides, just because these guys are..."hi-lighted" so to speak, doesn't mean they know things others do not.

ANYWAYS, that's all I'm gonna say.. I have no questions, there is nothing to ask that I can't learn from others.

WTF dude?

I don't want to be harsh, but...
This was actually requested in another thread, so let it be. If you don't want other people to learn, then stop posting on the forum. It's only fair that you at least give this idea a chance instead of shooting it down before it even starts.

I'm glad that you can express your opinion, but the way that you did so was not very respectful. It wasn't respectful to the people involved [who are trying to help], the people who asked questions [who are trying to learn], and the entire community. Even I feel offended by your post [if you didn't figure that out by now].

Maybe you'll get a better response by posting in a more respectful manner.

PS: I'm sorry this isn't on topic. Mods, go ahead and delete this is you want the thread to be clean. I understand.
"Do it, do it well, do it well and fast."

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 07:58:17 PM »
TR89, I don't even know what to say to your level of disrespect. I could care less about people knowing about me, in fact I try to stay behind the scenes as much as possible. We came up with this idea because it was REQUESTED BY OTHER COMMUNITY MEMBERS. We do not think highly of ourselves, we don't just respond on "our special week", and we never claim to know all the answers.

I'm just a regular guy leading a regular life who enjoys parkour and enjoys sharing my experiences. And when people ask me to share my experiences I will do just that. So please, take your attitude elsewhere... think a bit about what you're saying and reconsider why we're doing this  :)
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 07:59:37 PM »
there is nothing to ask that I can't learn from others.

Lol, we are others. We are letting people ask us anything, so they can learn.

Wow dude, way to turn something positive into something negative. Thanks.

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
TR89, I think you are taking this the wrong way and a bit to serious, it is not because we think we are so "special" of course we can answer other question any other time, but the idea is to now take the time to really dedicate some attention to the heart of the community which is you guys, and to have some fun while doing it. You are the people who make APK what it is, you are the ones we consider special. I get IM's pretty often and take my time to answer as many question as I can. But this way is a call out for the beginners who really believe we can be of help, for those that for earned reason or not look up to the APK team. A simple reason for you guys to know the people behind APK, because this is not just a random site. It is a site that is made for traceurs(euses) from traceurs(euses).

As leaders and teachers we always learn from our students and piers, I do all the time. That is how we all excel. It is not that we are gods for you all to come and worship but if we can help we will do our best to do so.

We dont have all the answers to everyone problems regarding training/conditioning etc, but we are here to be [if you allow me to say] leaders and a good example for the beginners of this growing discipline. We have been training for a while and have made the mistakes we want you to avoid. We might have insights that might help other get to their goals a bit quicker.

This is for everyone, the reason we are doing this is to show that we are here not only to make the site look cool, to make vids, or think of ourselves as the best of the best. We are here tobe part of the community as well. All communities need leaders and we are lucky and blessed to be the ones trying to make of parkour the best it can be here in the states. It is for you we are making this effort to put ourselves on the spot, if we thought we were so special, I dont see why we would even take the time to do this.

We have recently realize that we are not showing as much presence on the forums as we should. This is an attempt for us to show that we are there if anyone needs us, for we support anyone, regardless of skill level. We welcome you open arms to our community, your community. This is plain and simple another way to make the forum a run pace to be.

My sincere apologies if this came out the wrong way.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 08:05:52 PM by Ozzi »
 Ghandi

Offline Andy Keller

• Oh baby baby.
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 08:14:43 PM »
Alright, enough of this. Let's get back on track...

Leon,

You've had great success building a strong community at Virginia Tech. What do you consider to be the keys to building a strong college/community presence? Are there any issues that you would warn others about? Any secrets to success?

Thanks for taking the time to do this for the community.
"Do it, do it well, do it well and fast."

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 08:19:52 PM »

Gonna have to join the bashing game on you, brah. It's rare to see so much disrespect and... condescending speak.

I really don't have any words for that. I'm pretty shocked. If you don't like the idea, don't take part it in. But don't bash something just cuz it doesn't appeal to your own personal philosophy. Have a little respect for the people who supplied you with the board to speak your opinion for hundreds to see.

On track:

Leon! What do you do when you feel like your progress is at a halt. Any tips for taking it to the next level?

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member

Offline Cody Beltramo

• Patas
  • SSJ3500
    • View Profile
    • SSJ3500.net
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 08:26:25 PM »
How can you jump so far?

...............are you part kangaroo?

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 08:56:43 PM »
What do you tribute your broad jump to? What would be your best advice to beginners that would not be the cliche one?
Whats the best experience that being in the tribe has given you?

How can I be like you  ;)
 Ghandi

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 02:33:19 AM »
Leon contributes all jumping abilities to his brazillian heritage. nuff said.

Did playing soccer increase your leg strength, leon? or did you increase your leg strength FOR soccer at some point?
Thanks!

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 03:02:32 AM »
Since it's been asked so repeatedly, I'm not going to ask about his jumping prowess, however my speculation would be squats or bionic limbs. We'll see which one's right soon enough.

For my questions...

(I will edit this post later as I have to go... NOW.)
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

There are times when you want to break down and rage at the heavens. Don't. Stay calm, and let the emotions flood in, accept them and then rise above them. Never dwell. Don't fear or worry. Anything worth thinking about is worth talking about. And... Good luck.

Offline Charles Moreland

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • www.charlesmoreland.com
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 05:06:20 AM »
Seeing as everyone's asking questions on broad jumps...

Leon, what is your plan to use your amazing jumping ability to solve world hunger?

Back on track :P

Since you first began training, what has been your longest break from training and why?

Offline zayn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • i dont like real pics. They steal ur SOUL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 07:44:51 AM »
leon how do you feel about belle quiting fo a while? just wondering, are you you that same boat? ???
I am the prophet nemesis. Guardian of the Nexus and void. God of death.

"free-ur mind" morphious
"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast" Sensei England and Sensei Geroge -miss them alot-
http://teamnexus.moogo.com/
http://teamnexus13.webs.com/

Offline Jordan Strybos

• Man of Skochy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • PKGA
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »
First off all I'd like to say that I could probably be learning more from the 200000 post "I just did my first kong guys, but anyways... :P

In all seriousness, since you are god at flipping, what is your favorite flip/trick?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 06:33:15 AM by Leon Mederos »

Offline Josh Wright

• Hirundo Rustica
  • A world is out there to explore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 07:46:01 AM »
Will you marry me? Have you ever had any pretty bad spills or bails? If so, name one or two :D

Offline Skills

• Patas
  • Elemental Movement
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 09:03:18 AM »
What do you think about the divide between pk/fr/add on apk??
"Obstacles are found everywhere, and in overcoming them we nourish ourselves."