Author Topic: Dreamer  (Read 4346 times)

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
Dreamer
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:48:58 PM »
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Jordan Strybos

• Man of Skochy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • PKGA
Re: Dreamer
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:06:48 AM »
Nice video, Josh, I was pretty impressed!

A few comments; I'm gonna keep it short because it's way past my bedtime. It looked like you kind of bailed out of both of your double kongs. The best way to fix that is basically by drilling small ones over and over again until you get fluid and straight with them, and then move onto bigger gaps. I liked the little work on stride that I saw there, and your flow is definitely improving, as is your overall form :)

For your webster at the end (not sure if that was put in simply as a bail/joke, or if you need help with them), you need to jump up a lot more. Your back leg is driving you around perfectly, but you need to focus on the other leg. When you feel the swinging leg begin to pull you off of the ground, push off as hard as you can with the leg that's still on the ground. You can get a lot higher this way, and you'll (hopefully) not slam your back into the wall again.

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
Re: Dreamer
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 04:34:43 AM »
Nice video, Josh, I was pretty impressed!

A few comments; I'm gonna keep it short because it's way past my bedtime. It looked like you kind of bailed out of both of your double kongs. The best way to fix that is basically by drilling small ones over and over again until you get fluid and straight with them, and then move onto bigger gaps. I liked the little work on stride that I saw there, and your flow is definitely improving, as is your overall form :)

For your webster at the end (not sure if that was put in simply as a bail/joke, or if you need help with them), you need to jump up a lot more. Your back leg is driving you around perfectly, but you need to focus on the other leg. When you feel the swinging leg begin to pull you off of the ground, push off as hard as you can with the leg that's still on the ground. You can get a lot higher this way, and you'll (hopefully) not slam your back into the wall again.
Thank you  :)

Yea, the dub kongs need work. Alot of work  ;D

The webster is a joke. But I also do need help with them. But I only put it in there for fun, thanks for the advice tho. I'll try it once I get the courage to do so again. :P

Thanks again, man. For the criticism and for the compliments.
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B