Author Topic: HOLY CRAP HOW DO YOU NOT BREAK YOUR LEGS?!  (Read 10388 times)

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
Re: HOLY CRAP HOW DO YOU NOT BREAK YOUR LEGS?!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 12:54:39 PM »
Oh I remember this guy, he has huge ass thighs. srsly. Isn't his name paulnelle or something like that (his real name I mean)?
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 02:17:25 PM »
If we think of that one David Belle documentary... he does a jump like that.  I mean, not QUITE as high, but still something that the rest of us wouldn't dare try.  I'm not saying that something like that is all right to do... but I'm just amused by the double standard.  Anyone BUT Belle will be criticized for that jump.  Of course, we also have to take into account that Belle has been doing this FAR longer than anyone else in the world has and that by the time Parkour started spreading, he already had ten years under his belt.  BUT.. my point's still kind of valid as just a, "Huh, isn't that interesting" kind of thing.

I still say that the jump was moronic.  I'm just pointing out something amusing.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006, 02:21:53 PM »
Its 18 years, and its not intretsting its true. He has proven himself to be able to handle those drops, and he dosnt do them for red bull. Now I'm not going to try to guess this guys reasons for doing this drop. Also i know this is just one video but in this video his rolls didnt look that good, and neither did his landings. So from this one video it dosnt seem like he could handle that drop.

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 04:13:57 PM »
I think that video is quite old, and I also think that this guy can handle those kind of jumps from previous things. If I remember corectly Korni, if it is the Korni I'm talking about, has been doing PK for 8 years or something like that and was cocky because he was talking about not pratcing the basics and still being amazing. Just stuff that interested other people  :-\ ::) :P. This was somtime around last fall. eh w/e he still did the jump and looked like he was comfortable even if his landing and roll was bad. I would agree that nobody should do jumps like those even though I have seen higher, like those huge backflips that those asian people do in like thiland or something.
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 04:28:56 PM »
Haha i saw this video on youtube of people training for martial arts in thailand or something.  They just jump off something really high an injure themselves

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »
But the ones who trained well do it all the time and they are fine, and btw: did you see there huge freaky legs wtf.  :o

Offline X2ne

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 12:51:34 PM »
....ow. I liked the one where he did the wall run around the circular thing the best.

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »
Haha i saw this video on youtube of people training for martial arts in thailand or something.  They just jump off something really high an injure themselves

It was malaysina training. And those videos get crazy, like they start pouring boiling oil on themselves. THey have a whole collection on video google.

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 07:26:29 AM »
And dive rolling through a window.

Offline rosie08

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2006, 06:18:40 AM »
So..... why didn't his legs break? Maybe there was something under the grass? :o Or he's mad and lucky.

Offline colin jensen

• Patas
  • Free or Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2006, 06:36:36 AM »
because he rolled. i dont think luck had alot to do with it. if he was lucky then he wouldnt have jumped.
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

The universe may not always play fair, but atleast it has one hell of a sense of humor.

Offline pointman323

• Patas
  • yarrgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2006, 06:40:58 AM »
didnt someone in Jump London (its been so long since i've seen it) do a 3 story drop on a battle ship? or was it a 2....or something. anyway there is very little that would provoke me to make that jump, i'd have to think hard about taking the drop or fighting for my life
"Its not that we're the best, its that everybody else sucks"

Offline M1L3S

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 02:27:17 PM »
wow?

Offline FireFly

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »
Not only was the jump surprising to see, but the wall run was sick! Holy crap, I could only do like... 1 step on the wall, and he did like 4 or 5! Wow, I wish I could do that.

And I actually did jump something that high, or roughly close to it. I was freaking out when I did it, though, and yeah I really hurt my leg badly, but surprisingly I didn't break it. Wow, looks like God does love me afterall.

Offline bubbagump08

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 03:41:49 PM »
Holy Moly! That was a huge jump. People have fallen from bigger stuff and haven't broke anything, so I'm not too surprised that he didn't. Although I am surprised that he would even think about attempting that. So far the biggest thing I have jumped (actually jumped, not dropped) from is a backstop at a baseball field. I'm assuming it was over 12' although I am not certain.

Offline colin jensen

• Patas
  • Free or Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2006, 04:16:45 PM »
the wall he did a wall run on is slanted.
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

The universe may not always play fair, but atleast it has one hell of a sense of humor.

Offline pr3cise ny

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2006, 05:42:27 PM »
didnt someone in Jump London (its been so long since i've seen it) do a 3 story drop on a battle ship? or was it a 2....or something. anyway there is very little that would provoke me to make that jump, i'd have to think hard about taking the drop or fighting for my life

yea that was sebastien foucan
aka DIABETES pk from nypk... WATS UP

Offline Havoc

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006, 09:42:03 AM »
wow that's so high!
“It’s not because things are difficult that we don’t dare; it’s because we dont dare that things are difficult”.
- Seneque

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2006, 09:54:10 AM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5895440828066301840&q=malaysian+training

well it kinda makes you wonder what the human body is really capable of with intense focus, now just imagine if those guys knew how to roll, they'd just stand right up and walk away.

(not saying other *certain famous* traceurs have not done things that they put intense focus into)
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.