Author Topic: Heard of westcliffe?  (Read 3409 times)

Offline SyK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Need to find someone close...
    • View Profile
Heard of westcliffe?
« on: August 03, 2006, 11:14:37 AM »
Ok, since this is a CO board im a start my search here. I was forced to move (by parents) to this little town in nowhere land called westcliffe. its 2hrs s/w of springs (my former city) and a hr from pueblo and canon. i was hoping someone has at least heard of it and if there is anyone around that i could practice with. my main practice partner is in springs and i can only get up there 1-2 times a month, meaning im not a happy pker. i hear about boulder and denver alot but there is no way i can ever make any of that stuff unless i have a car going that way to start with.

if this gets any hits that are close to me ill start going to church ;D
Look at him, square, the shape of EVIL!!!

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: Heard of westcliffe?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 01:32:16 PM »
There are a few guys who do some parkour in pueblo but I havent heard from them for a while. And no, I havent even heard of westcliffe.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 05:55:56 PM by Demon »

Offline SyK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 05:44:08 PM »
why am i not surprised, so im screwed cept' for when i can hit springs, peachy :-\

Offline K.K.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 05:54:29 PM »
I've heard of westcliffe but dont known of any pkers there

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 05:57:32 PM »
you dont need other people in order to start parkour. I was on my own for the majority of the first year of my parkour journey. Even now, I do most of my training alone because I make the most progress like that. If you want to get into parkour, you wont let your location stop you. It can be done anywhere.

Offline nymbis

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 06:34:59 PM »
I know where westclife is and there is some natural stuff out there that you could use to practice on. Parkour isnt always rails and walls.... branches and rocks are good too.

Offline SyK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 09:13:42 PM »
oh i kno, i have been doing it by myself for a while and i use trees like none other. thats how i practice my drops, i can handle 16ft no problem. anywho everything just gets better when u are doing it with friends, plus i need to learn stuff still and teachers are far and few. little things like faster vaults and perfect rolls. idk, its just that this town is soooooo small that well i need more ppl anyway and since i came from springs thats what i had, lol.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 09:46:38 PM »
i can handle 16ft no problem.

I highly doubt that. Its not about the high drops. Even if you had perfect technique its not worth the pounding on your body. Stick to the lower level and more technical stuff please.

Offline SyK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »
i get that every time i say that, and thx for not burning the $h!7 outta me for saying it like i also usually get. i dont train train them but i do them every so often to kno i can do them, its a "if i were in this situation then i would be ok" i want to make sure i can do it under pressure because the time may come when i do trully need it. i stick to around 10ft-ers give or take (u never kno with trees) tho for practice. plus lately ive been working vaults more cuz they are more practical then building to building.

Offline SyK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 01:41:28 PM »
well i went back out and messured it and the drop is only 14" and the stuff i train on is 81/2ft so i over shot it by alot, my bad.

Offline Aidan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 02:39:29 PM »
u n00b.

XD jus kiddin man. Im brian, im his "main practice partner" and yeah we do okay. We're nothing special but we can get around  :P. Glad that pk-ing in CO isnt just me and syk against the sheep. I live in Monument and i go to Kilmer elementary to pk practice. I also wanna hit LP high sometime here to get some good stuff in there too. We been doin pk for aboot 2 months or so, but more like 4 because we were practicing some stuff without knowing it was parkour. We'll try to hit a jam sometime in our lifetime, but my parents are...not excited about this, they think ill die. w\e. glad to be here anyways.

sorry for stealing your thread dude XD.

14' is still purdy good, tho id say that shed is prolly 15'.
Find balance within yourself, and you will find balance in everything else.