Author Topic: TRAIN MAUI  (Read 32948 times)

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
Re: TRAIN MAUI
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »
Yep. It's going to cost almost 100% more during holiday time. Unless you get a special...
Let me know when you start swimming to Molokai. I'll chum the water... I mean... prepare a special welcome for you ;D

Offline Nate_8

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 06:22:02 PM »
ok yea for sure. We're in kihei too, but usually train at iao or in weiluku by the state building, though we're still not very good. Never tryed King's Cathedral. let me know when the next time your training and maybe we can meet up.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 08:12:41 PM »
Iao and State Building are nice places to train. That's where Shiloh usually trains.
My schedule is always getting messed up. I had too much paperwork tonight, so haven't got out yet. I have to be at work until 9 or so...

I train at KC before church on Weds if I'm not playing guitar [or real short if I am]. Fri is band practice, but it's canceled this week due to the show. I'm going to have to sneak in some training in the afternoon somewhere.

What's your schedule like, and how far are you from Kihei Community Center?

Offline Nate_8

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 02:24:49 AM »
I live right up the street from kam 3. I was at the community center the other night accually but the security thought we were doing graffiti and almost called the cops lol, but anyway um mon and wed i have school followed by band practice. Tues i work till 1 or so but after that im good thurs and fri im mostly good, i usally work on one of those days but which one and at what time i dont find out till wed. Sat im good all day and sun i have church till 12 and then im good till 9 when i have to go to work.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 12:39:45 PM »
Really? I've never had any problem at KCC, except when Shiloh, Duke and I were trying to throw away a box spring that had fallen at the side of the road.

What do you play?

I PMed you with my cell #.

Offline Nate_8

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 01:52:48 AM »
Well it was late and they were locking up when they happand to see us on the roof, which wasnt very easy to explain lol. We could have ran easy enough but my car was in the parking lot that they were about to lock up.

I play drums for a screamo band at the time but i play lots of other music too. What kind of music do you play?

Thanks ill send you mine too, just give me a call or text me next time your planning on training. we might go train tomarow but it depends on my homework load plus there is supposed to be a swell tomaro :) so if we go it wold probably be in the afternoon, but if we do ill let you know.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 10:07:27 PM »
Stay off roofs. It draws too much bad attention, and they're usually not that great anyway.
Guitar, and used to do bass -- started old school punk, then moved to metal, now play whatever. Hillsong United, black gospel

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 03:52:26 PM »
Hike Iao scheduled for Sunday, about noon. It might be a fun hike. It might be a hard-core brutal rage froobling session. No idea who all is going to show up.

Wear some kind of shorts or swimwear. Everything else is optional.
Bring something to eat, unless you like guava, or already ate.
Bring something to drink, unless you like unfiltered, unpurified river water.

Cameras, packs, first aid gear, flares, cell phones, etc are possible things to bring. It will probably get wet, dirty and muddy.
If you wear glasses, wear some kind of strap. Swimming underwater looking for them after you bail is NOT fun. ;D

Offline BearMills

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Grizzly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »
i want to fly over for this!
Co-Founder

turtlekarma

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 07:33:11 PM »
Hike Iao scheduled for Sunday, about noon. It might be a fun hike. It might be a hard-core brutal rage froobling session. No idea who all is going to show up.

Wear some kind of shorts or swimwear. Everything else is optional.
Bring something to eat, unless you like guava, or already ate.
Bring something to drink, unless you like unfiltered, unpurified river water.

Cameras, packs, first aid gear, flares, cell phones, etc are possible things to bring. It will probably get wet, dirty and muddy.
If you wear glasses, wear some kind of strap. Swimming underwater looking for them after you bail is NOT fun. ;D

have fun...I'm so bummed I couldn't go.  Right about now would be a great time to get away for a weekend

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 12:47:47 AM »
I don't know if ANYONE went.

I was so bummed. We spent hours and hours cleaning, shampooing carpets Saturday. Just one little room left to go. Wrong burner got turned on, caught a plastic cutting board on fire - really big flames, melting plastic, soot and smoke everywhere, and had to use a fire extinguisher to put it out. We were up till almost 6 am just cleaning up the kitchen.

The fans we were using to dry the carpets sucked in all the smoke and blew it into nice big black patches. It's almost 11 pm, and I finally finished, got everything cleaned up.

The worst thing is, the people I was supposed to meet were Brian "NoSole" Orosco, his bro and friends. I was able to give them advance warning, but still, I was looking forward to this hike for almost 2 months.

turtlekarma

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 03:02:19 AM »
I don't know if ANYONE went.

I was so bummed. We spent hours and hours cleaning, shampooing carpets Saturday. Just one little room left to go. Wrong burner got turned on, caught a plastic cutting board on fire - really big flames, melting plastic, soot and smoke everywhere, and had to use a fire extinguisher to put it out. We were up till almost 6 am just cleaning up the kitchen.

The fans we were using to dry the carpets sucked in all the smoke and blew it into nice big black patches. It's almost 11 pm, and I finally finished, got everything cleaned up.

The worst thing is, the people I was supposed to meet were Brian "NoSole" Orosco, his bro and friends. I was able to give them advance warning, but still, I was looking forward to this hike for almost 2 months.

AHH oh no's...glad house didn't burn down though.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 10:07:48 AM »
Brian and Ryan went snorkeling. Everyone else from their group was too hung over. So exactly 0 people went to Iao.

AHH oh no's...glad house didn't burn down though.
So are the neighbors ;D Thanks! The house is good. We spent the time to get everything scrubbed down.

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 02:19:25 PM »
ty gregg for pointin me in the right direction thread wise, duke is busy today, and im sittin at home bored as ever waitin on my ride to town. but im free all the time untill i can land a job... anyone know where i can get one im goin crazy with no money grawr. ok off topic. but im always ready for FR call me up 808-463-5218
There is a chance you could kill yourself tripping on a rock on a sidewalk. There's a chance your heart could suddenly stop. There's even a chance that the atoms of the ground and your body could line up perfectly and you would fall through the ground into the earths mantle. - Jake Vigil APK

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »
Your name change threw me off in one of the other threads... I was like... WHO?

Anyway... I got like 14 hours sleep last night, but tried to run slalom around some pylons this morning, and it's still not feeling good. I'm hoping a day of ++ Vit C, and rest will help me shake this cold.

If I hear of anyone hiring I'll let you know.

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »
i did the name changed for the "stop the bullshit" thread sounds like a good idea more social that way, im planning on swimming today at  either one of the kam beaches, somewhere this side. or that beach behind the hotels. heard today is a good snorkel day
There is a chance you could kill yourself tripping on a rock on a sidewalk. There's a chance your heart could suddenly stop. There's even a chance that the atoms of the ground and your body could line up perfectly and you would fall through the ground into the earths mantle. - Jake Vigil APK

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 03:59:26 PM »
Yeah, I went to my full name for about 2 days, then just went to one name. Sorry no can swim with you yet. Feeling better, tho.

Biked to work today. It didn't hurt like yesterday. What you got going on THU afternoon? I may be up for some light conditioning... maybe 2-3 pm?

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 04:59:03 PM »
No replies, so I'm on my own... no worries.

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 12:16:48 PM »
sorry fiance wanted to go to the mall yay, i swear she is a mall rat. but every time we go i always climb the two parking structures and then jump from the top to the walkway to macy's so all good. today i have to help move things at storage for her mum and my back is already killing me. after that i thought i heard barbaque. idk. but i have been going to the pool on lipoa to practice my front tucks and i am getting much more comfort in them.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 01:35:56 PM »
Pool at Lipoa is great - I like to train around there on the walls and rails. And swim, of course.

Spencer from Vancouver will be in Wailea Feb 13-24. He wants to train. He's 16, and says he's been a traceur for 2.5 years.