Author Topic: TRAIN MAUI  (Read 32981 times)

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
Re: TRAIN MAUI
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2010, 02:27:22 PM »
what did you do to mess your foot up in the first place? and it sounds like im not going to kalama, my fiance and i are having a few troubles, so we are hanging out. when you left spencer and i basically chatted a while went over to a couple of trees on the walkway, got a shave ice, i had tigers / sharks blood he had lemon lime, both with ice cream in the bottom and he thought it was a snow cone lol, then he tried it and wouldnt shut up about how good it was for a while, kinda like my first reaction to shave ice. we went back to the tree did a couple precisions and he gave me a break down lesson of how to kong handstand. pretty cool kid to bad he left already i wanted more training, and hopefully filming ah well, make films another time. i might go to the pool today with my fiance, maybe i can talk her into filming me do flips off the diving board? we will be down there from 2 till 3 or 4. might show up as early as 1 idk yet. but i gotta get some dives in :) well ttyl
There is a chance you could kill yourself tripping on a rock on a sidewalk. There's a chance your heart could suddenly stop. There's even a chance that the atoms of the ground and your body could line up perfectly and you would fall through the ground into the earths mantle. - Jake Vigil APK

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2010, 02:54:18 PM »
I was going to run barefoot to Kalama. Only probs - I've been wearing shoes lately, so lost some callus. Also, the area between Lokelani IS and Welakahao was closed for blasting. So a couple miles on hot pavement...

Shave ice... ;D 

I wanted to train more with Spencer, too. Oh well.

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »
today going somewhere  near polo beach? i always called it makena beach, its the one behind faremont hotel. when on makena something road you stay right lane it then turns you follow it down and left over a lil bridge thing then down the hill to the right where the new houses are going up, and a bunch of no trespassing signs with a beach behind it that one. HA HA ppl think they own the oceans and beaches around here. but thats where we goin. maybe snorkel and board a bit ya?
There is a chance you could kill yourself tripping on a rock on a sidewalk. There's a chance your heart could suddenly stop. There's even a chance that the atoms of the ground and your body could line up perfectly and you would fall through the ground into the earths mantle. - Jake Vigil APK

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »
"White Rock" is how I know that beach. Unfortunately, I need to pay bills in Kahului first.
Thanks for the invite. That would have been a blast.

I had to go to Kalama Skatepark last night. It was not a pretty scene.
Crowded. Few people skating. Quite a few smoking...
I was working, so only tried to pop up the small half-pipe one handed...

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2010, 10:48:30 AM »
thats a skate park at night for you, its an activity scene day, and an illicit activity scene night. i forgot to log on yesterday to wish everyone a happy tsunami day, to bad too cause yesterday was BEAUTIFUL.

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2010, 09:55:48 AM »
im glad the site is back up and running i was scared a moment ha ha. I will be at mcc today and the queen kam center (i cant spell the whole thing) but im leaving now its 8 am, will be down that side till 3ish then i think im coming home so if your there i see you there. oh and never forget you can always call my phone... well its my fiances phone 808 463 5218

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2010, 10:17:10 AM »
Yeah, I thought work had blocked the site.
On the good side, I actually got a lot done.

Hope you had fun at MCC and Queen Ka'ahumanu Center.
I get to have fun at work ;D

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2010, 07:32:53 PM »
idk y but i love going to kalama park its got so many opportunities there and im so comfortable there. but as i was going to originally post im feeling like training over the weekend wanna join if you can and when i can work with your schedule to get at least 3 of us together, me, duke, greg, and hopefully talk the girls to coming with cause they want to learn but havent been fully introduced into it yet so they need a push in the right direction to get them motivated. so get back to me on a possible training this weekend or all weekend :) duces.. i forgot to mention that this might not be possible. supposed to go to hanna and camp :( free run out there then ya? might be back in time to train sunday, if not ah well. so let me know if any plans are popping up :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:35:19 PM by Michael L P »

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »
Kalama is ok. I like it, but some people think too few obstacles, too spread out.
Have fun in Hana. Lots of good hiking, jumping the bridge if you're up for it.

SAT is Paia 8-1 for art show, Kahului 1-3:30 for rehearsal, work 4-10
SUN is maybe for afternoon. I think I'm playing guitar in Paia until 1 or so, then have to set up in Kahului at 5:15

Do the girls have any activity background? Martial arts, gymnastics, running?
We'll have to figure out where their strengths are - probably flexibility and technical ability, as opposed to brute strength.
It's going to look different from how you train... I think I'll watch some PKGen vids, and some of the beginner traceuse vids.

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2010, 07:51:19 PM »
we didnt go to hana today :( not even twin falls we went to Maui medical er for my fiance, she was having adomnal pangs and so she got checked out she is ok. just needs to eat right. my fiance has track experience from school but she hasnt done anything active since 2-4 years now. amber, dukes gf amber has gymnastic exp. and some running things. both kinda like the idea of pk idk if they will really get into it even tho that would be nice. amber has always liked the idea of using pk for tag. emily is more into the idea for getting into shape. i have watched a few videos of traceuse free runners. and showed them and it got them inspired.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2010, 12:19:04 AM »
Nice meeting you all tonight. I wouldn't have recognized Duke if I met him on the street.  :o
There's some beginner girl videos by Julie Angel/ Parkour Generations. Any of the Westminster vids - esp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Y4Q4r3bUQ&feature=player_embedded

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2010, 11:58:20 AM »
great post greg, helped a lil. idk my plans today maybe train, my fiance still sleeping :(

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »
I'm not sure of my schedule. I know I should be on top of it.

Today I work til 4 or so. Then I'm free. I caught cold from my wife, so no big cardio.
TU TH are 7 am to 11 pm with few breaks. Probably 5 min workouts scattered through the day.
WE I'm scheduled to play guitar, so I'll jump around Kahului from 6-6:45 or so.

turtlekarma

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2010, 05:29:38 PM »
I'm not sure of my schedule. I know I should be on top of it.

Today I work til 4 or so. Then I'm free. I caught cold from my wife, so no big cardio.
TU TH are 7 am to 11 pm with few breaks. Probably 5 min workouts scattered through the day.
WE I'm scheduled to play guitar, so I'll jump around Kahului from 6-6:45 or so.

glad maui thread is alive again.  I'm going to send you some questions soon gregg for my project.  what would be better email or PM on here? 

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2010, 05:58:11 PM »
Go email. I think you have it ;D

Training with Michael and Spencer was fun. I'm getting ready to head out. Do something somewhere...

I was thinking Kalama but didn't pack shoes. Kihei Community Center is closed for some reason.
If I bike home, I will get sucked into chores and other fun stuff... choices, choices...

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2010, 11:06:02 AM »
the comunity center is closed because they drained and are cleaning the big pool then they need a few days to fill it back up get the chemicals right and bring it back to temp. so in all they said two weeks or so. will probably be open again in one week from today. im free all day, i finally got a job will be starting at 6:30 am thursday till 2 and free all day after that :). i wanna get something in today so im tired enough to go to sleep early today. i woke up at 5:30am so as to get schedule down. im thinking kalama also. im like a kalama free running hoe lol. i like the veritility there, i have 2 other places i wanted to check out first for potential and routes then off to K-Park

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2010, 11:32:26 AM »
I came past the pool during daylight and saw it was empty. With all the standing water in the field below, I wonder if they just drained everything into it?

Congrats on the job!

Let me know what places you tried out - if they're any good, post them in the hotspot thread.
Kalama Free Running Ho... lol !

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2010, 12:13:50 PM »
yea you know it im leaving in about 20 minutes to a half hour, im trying ohukai and S kihei, then im trying the center by denny's, that one with the mural on the wall where you park, forgot name, and then off to a comunity place next to it then to kalama

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2010, 02:01:02 PM »
Ohukai & S Kihei has nice rails, and the trees are fun to play on, tho the bark tends to come off... a couple cement picnic tables. I do a fair bit of rock hopping around there [basic stuff], and there's also plenty kiawe.

Center by Denny's = I want to say Dolphin Plaza... I jumped there once or twice, I think.
I haven't jumped Kamaole 3 park since they built the new entrance.

Hope you have fun. Let me know how it went.

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2010, 03:04:45 PM »
i took a bunch of short videos to piece together a Kihei free running attractions thread, i will post them into the Maui Hot Spots thread for kihei, like it matters ha ha kihei is so lonely for us :(. still goin to do it tho