Author Topic: TRAIN MAUI  (Read 33209 times)

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
Re: TRAIN MAUI
« Reply #240 on: May 20, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »
Triple kong?! Oh man... that sounds so fun. Keep expanding your limits. Wow.
It would be great to have Kaleo join us on the forum.

Offline dajester

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2010, 04:19:17 PM »
Anyone want to meet up some time soon. I really need some help with my landings and rolls. Body has been very sore. And i am sure that i must be doing something wrong. I did improve my roll a little but it still needs work.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2010, 10:21:26 AM »
I've got stuff every day and night this week. I'll be cramming my training into the odd moments of free time before/ during/ after. I don't know how to get in touch with Duke/ Brandon/ etc. other than showing up on Duke's lanai...

I haven't heard anything from Shiloh since his doctor's visit. Check your old PM - I think I sent you his number. Let me know if you don't have it.

Offline dajester

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2010, 03:28:56 PM »
i did my first front flip a few days ago. Off a ledge onto a sandy hill. I am going to do some more practice ones then pretty soon i am going to try it onto flat ground.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »
Great! I still don't have anything flippy.
Let me know when you get it!

Offline dajester

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2010, 06:12:01 PM »
Well i went out to that beach again and tried the front flip and it went terrible. I was scared of it again and only did a couple good ones with some bad bails. But i am going to keep trying. I'm hoping that after a couple months more months that i will be able to do them more consistently. I also did two new moves today, the 270 cat ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRcobiD8ERA0 ) and this move, i'm not sure what it's called (skip to 00:38 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOWc_WgyIj8)

Offline FrostySTL

• Mangabey
  • Not related to Frosti in any way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2010, 12:23:53 AM »
"Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again..."

APK Roof Police Member

Offline dajester

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2010, 06:32:51 PM »
it's almost exactly like that, except the way i have seen other people do it and the way i think looks better is, instead of vault to sitting then going over one leg after the other, i like to to one leg after the other over and on leg after the other back. it looks better to me

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #248 on: June 21, 2010, 01:10:47 PM »
Jesse - take a look at Ryan and Derek's visit thread http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,27480.0.html
Looks like they'll be here July 18 - 23. Derek's just coming off that bad knee injury, so I'm trying to put together a list of possibilities for them... maybe lower impact, with an emphasis on diving and exploring abandoned places, or places that would be cool to photo.

Shiloh/ anybody else... feel free to add ideas. If you're on Maui, that's a bonus.

Offline dajester

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2010, 11:56:11 AM »
Finally learned how to do a kick up and i am trying to learn how to do a wallspin. As far as places to go: giggle hill is great. Just start at the bottom and make your own trail up to the top. Lots of fallen over tree for vaulting and percisioning. It's a really good workout to. Once you get to the top the paintball bases are fun for vaulting and tic tacking over. Then i normally do some parkour in the playground. There is also a great precision/ vault from the wall next to the flags to or over this small wall. There's also some over turned soccer goal that can be fun to play on. If you do go up the hill, be cautious because it has paintball players up there sometimes. They normally come on fri-sun but they could be up there pretty much any day.

Offline dajester

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 05, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »
Had a great training day yesterday. Trained in the forest vaulting, climbing, and jumping from tree to tree. Practiced my technique and for the first time in a while my knees aren't shot the next day. I also did about a 6 foot kash vault over a cement table.

Offline Mazavam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2010, 04:09:43 PM »
Hi guys,
My name is maria and I'm from Sydney Australia. I've doing pk for a few months now and am interested in checking out the pk scene over there. Was hoping that i would be able to join a session or even a jam. I'll be heading to Hawaii, Maui on the 5th September and to Oahu on the 9th September. Could anyone please le me know.

thanks
maria

Offline Michael Porreca

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Billings Team Parkour
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2010, 02:59:29 PM »
good to see that the maui team is still going strong, you guys would be so excited if you seen how much i have grown in PK i hope to post a video soon and when i do i will send you guys a link . as for now im late for work by guys.
There is a chance you could kill yourself tripping on a rock on a sidewalk. There's a chance your heart could suddenly stop. There's even a chance that the atoms of the ground and your body could line up perfectly and you would fall through the ground into the earths mantle. - Jake Vigil APK

Offline dajester

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 30, 2010, 12:57:19 AM »
Hey maria. My name is Jesse. I would be glad to train with you and show you some of the PK scene here on Maui. We don't have as much of an urban playground as i wish we would but there are some good places to train. Hopefully Greg and/or some of the other PK maui guys can meet up too

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #254 on: August 30, 2010, 10:52:56 AM »
Hi Maria - I hope you enjoy your time on Maui. I won't be able to train due to bike accident.
Jesse - Good to see you're still active and training.
Mick - Looking forward to that video. Where you stay now?

Offline dajester

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2010, 12:31:57 AM »
hey maria. just wondering if you can give me a little more info on your trip (what days your going to be here, what type of training, when do you want to train). You can message me or post back to me on here or call or text me at 274-3557

Offline dajester

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 04, 2010, 12:33:02 AM »
sorry two typos first it is 264-3557. And second i forgot to tell you that are area code is 808