Author Topic: Games  (Read 804 times)

Offline Prancer

• Patas
    • View Profile
Games
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:38:33 PM »
I'm going to take a leap here and assume that most people have played Capture the Flag or some form of Tag with their training groups.

I just got done with a game with some non-parkour people, and I think many of you would enjoy this.

The name of the game is Fugitive.
There are two locations and two groups.

Locations first.
+A starting Location
+An ending Location (Ours was about 1.5-2 miles away from the start.)

Groups.
+Runners
+Drivers

The object of the game is for the runners to get to the ending location without getting tagged (with a flashlight beam) by the drivers.

The runners got a five minute head start, and could not go inside.

It should go without saying that runners are responsible for themselves when it comes to laws. (Trespassing ect.)

Anybody else have any games out there?
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Offline JBemel

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Games
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 12:55:06 AM »
roof hide and seek (tag game):

Just hide and seek where half of the group needs to hide and the other half needs to search and try to tag the hiders.
there is only one rule: the hiders are not allowed to touch the ground. only objects, walls, vences, ec.
people call me wild, people call me crazy, but all i am is free

Offline PkShinobi

• Guenons
  • Leo Dyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 01:19:26 AM »
I've always made up some, but never really got enough people to try them or just didn't do some of them.

-Mugger's Land (Kind of like cops and robbers)
Objective:
-Theres 2 teams (The muggers, and the Heroes), that consist of X amount of people on each team (4 or more)
-Theres X (Based on player amount) amount of fake purses (Not actual purses/an object to replicate it) times 2 +1, their located near the middle of the playing field.
But you can only take fake purses based on the round, round 1 purses will have label 1 on it, and round 2, 2.
-Each team has a Purse point (Mugger's Hide out, and for the hero's; Old ladies home)
-Each team drops the purses to their purse point, and at the end of the  game, total amount of purses will be add up from each team.
-The team with the most purses win.

Rules:
-You can snatch a opponents fake purse to steal points
-You can't tuck the fake purses under your arm, rap them in between your hands and body, or any other concealment.
-You can't hold the fake purse with 2 hands, only 1.
-You can use 2 hands to snatch a fake purse from the opponent, but once you are the carrier, you have to follow the rul above.
-You can't use any kind of transportation: Bike, Golf cart, Car, etc. Use only your body.
-No punching/kicking/pushing opponents or team mates.
(Pulling or swinging the purse out of the opponents hand is okay)

Others:
-Each team gets 1 captain
-A captain can steal from the enemy's purse point, but only 1 purse at a time.

Requirements:
A large playing field, with obstacles, clear of crowds of people (Large amount of people, like in a city), and players.
I recommend a park.

-FreeRunFun
Objective:
-This is a free for all
-Theres 1 or 2 lanes; each symmetrical to one another
-Theres Tricker Markers on each/the lane, (You have to be in the Tricker Marker to do the trick that is mentioned on this specific marker) (Example red marker = Front flips, red with stripes = backflip, You could also put numbers on it or the trick itself to label them) Then land the trick with in another tricker marker (the Landing marker) or with-in the Tricker marker itself if there is no landing marker.
-The players have to try to nail each trick with in the TM zone as perfectly as they can with out pausing (Your allowed to pause, but the objective is flow, efficiency, and fun)
-There is no scoring system, the ultimate objective is to get flow, and efficiency.

Rules:
-Have fun
-Improve yourself in tricking

Requirements:
Tape (Tricker Marker), obstacles, soft surfaces to land on if any error occurs while tricking
(Grass or Pads)
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end."

Offline Casey Boatwright

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 06:21:16 AM »
I have two ideas but no one to try them with,   one is the hat game, its like a race to a certain point, but you have to do it all with a ridiculous hat that doesn't stay on well,

Rules- Must include many places that require rolls, to make the hat harder to keep on to, and if you make it to the end with ur hat, you get a certain amount of time off of ur run.

Another game i think would be awesome (quite messy )- The Egg game.   Similair to the hat game,   you have to run the whole course with an egg in ur hands, the only rules are, you must make it to the finish line with the egg and you can't put it in a pocket,    the only problem i can see is, someone hurting themselves trying to toss the egg and do a kong then catching it, and if its on public property all the broken eggs,
You live a filtered life.-
Everyone dreams of changing the world, I only want to change it back.-
In Myth, God Is Force.

Offline Corndogg

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • SF Parkour
SF Parkour // SFPK - | Website | Forum | YouTube |
Serving the Greater San Francisco Bay Area