Author Topic: Rage Froobling?  (Read 8463 times)

Offline Jacquis "Curfew"

• Mangabey
  • CSRD patient
    • View Profile
Re: Rage Froobling?
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 02:27:27 PM »
wow rage froobling makes me a little angry...or sad...dunno which one but oh well I guess the only thing to do is keep training

Offline Travis Graves

• Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Primal Fitness
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 02:34:55 PM »
Oh, faith in humanity, it was nice having you around...
Don't step to me with your stats and your date smarts

You know your neighborhood by street signs or landmarks?

Offline Sparklefish

• EAF!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • San Francisco Parkour
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »
rage froobling is so last season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKIItQctEYI&feature=channel

R.I.P. Rage Froobling.  :'(

Who wants to go do some Making-Freeze-Frames-of-Rumplestiltskin?

Travis, eh?  Seriously if Making-Freeze-Frames-of-Rumplestiltskin doesn't restore your faith in humanity... I don't know what will!

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 03:40:49 PM »
I think one problem is people don't actually read threads anymore... they'll check the first post only without looking at the rest of what's been said.
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 03:41:50 PM »
R.I.P. Rage Froobling.  :'(

Who wants to go do some Making-Freeze-Frames-of-Rumplestiltskin?

Travis, eh?  Seriously if Making-Freeze-Frames-of-Rumplestiltskin doesn't restore your faith in humanity... I don't know what will!

NUUUU! RAGE FROOBLING! Don't go into the light!

Damn it Making-Freeze-Frames-of-Rumpelstiltskin... You better be good!
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

There are times when you want to break down and rage at the heavens. Don't. Stay calm, and let the emotions flood in, accept them and then rise above them. Never dwell. Don't fear or worry. Anything worth thinking about is worth talking about. And... Good luck.

Offline Chris [.5gibbon] Stevenson!

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »
loled at this tread!  when rage froobling came out i was in a pretty weird place in my training/life. i was going very fundamental and i started really disliking parkour and especially american parkour.  i trained pure rage froobling and joined a fight club and quit training anything other that long tistance running, hand to hand combat, and climbups/rock climbing.  with that i also gained a lot of anger and hatred tward other people.  i am just finally getting out of all this funk.  and am proud to say  f#ck rage froobling  i practice the art of movement.    but i still love teg to pieces.
"Be like water making its way through cracks.  Do not be assertive,  but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it." - Bruce Lee

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy." -Mark Rippetoe

Offline b2c

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 08:04:06 PM »
loled at this tread!  when rage froobling came out i was in a pretty weird place in my training/life. i was going very fundamental and i started really disliking parkour and especially american parkour.  i trained pure rage froobling and joined a fight club and quit training anything other that long tistance running, hand to hand combat, and climbups/rock climbing.  with that i also gained a lot of anger and hatred tward other people.  i am just finally getting out of all this funk.  and am proud to say  f#ck rage froobling  i practice the art of movement.    but i still love teg to pieces.

dont blame rage froobling for your own emotional issues!  :(

Offline b2c

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 08:18:12 PM »
Its a joke that developed out of the ongoing parkour/freerunning/justmoving debate in the community.  If you notice the initials of "rage froobling" are "RF", the opposite of "FR".

However, its more than just a joke.  Teige actually defines this type of movement as "a training method focusing on purposeful displacement, total conviction under pressure, and both the physical ability, and mental quickness+strength to control, as well as is possible, the outcome of a critical situation."

It is essentially training parkour with a sense of urgency.  Why train this way?  Because it has a high translation to the situational demands of escaping or reaching.

You don't see textbook, impractical movements (ie kong to precision, double kong, etc) on the most ideal obstacles.  This is raw, reactive movement with a purpose.

mind if i quote you on this for project barf?  ;D

Offline Tom Coppola

• Hirundo Rustica
  • TomewardBound
    • View Profile
    • Florida Parkour
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2009, 12:55:58 PM »
Its a joke that developed out of the ongoing parkour/freerunning/justmoving debate in the community.  If you notice the initials of "rage froobling" are "RF", the opposite of "FR".

However, its more than just a joke.  Teige actually defines this type of movement as "a training method focusing on purposeful displacement, total conviction under pressure, and both the physical ability, and mental quickness+strength to control, as well as is possible, the outcome of a critical situation."

It is essentially training parkour with a sense of urgency.  Why train this way?  Because it has a high translation to the situational demands of escaping or reaching.

You don't see textbook, impractical movements (ie kong to precision, double kong, etc) on the most ideal obstacles.  This is raw, reactive movement with a purpose.

mind if i quote you on this for project barf?  ;D

not at all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGJ-vaW0Uw

When faced with the stress of a life-threatening engagement, we don't rise to the occasion, we descend to our level of training.

Offline NOS - from Parkour Mumbai

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Mumbai
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2010, 07:41:02 AM »
I mean just in my opinion. Grabbing someone by the ankle and yanking them down while there climbing up a pole. isnt that a little dangerous? As well as tackling someone or pushing them in mid vault?!?!
If at all this goes on to show what could happen to you if you were using parkour in a real chase situation, not in one of those choreographed chase sequences in videos where everyone is doing 'parkour moves' but none of the chasers bothers to catch or stop the chasee even if they're at arm's length. The chasers are supposed to be baying for the blood of the chasee aren't they?

Offline Cody Bolen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »

I did this too, but instead of training long distance, close combat, and getting emotional I just became secluded, I worked on what I felt would better myself instead of letting the people who apparentlly never left their computers because they were to busy bashing others. Such as the "new" style of Oleg and Sascha. But now I'm over all that, I know what worked for me soooo...

Offline Sam Zytka

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2010, 08:16:20 PM »

R.I.P .net