Author Topic: Welcome to American Parkour -- PLEASE READ FIRST :)  (Read 95918 times)

Offline notsuperman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to American Parkour
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2007, 03:18:17 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm new. My background would be that I discovered parkour along with tricking in the winter of last year, did no training until about spring. From there, I've done cross training in both of them, but haven't really trained rigorously enough to do too much, with swim team and work and school. I'm a junior in highschool and have become really busy, but for parkour, really the best I can do is that roll and landing into a roll as that's about all I've trained. I'm hoping to practice a little more, if I get more free time and the weather clears up. I hate Seattle weather.

Christov

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2007, 06:44:11 PM »
Greetings all,

I'm new and have NO experience with parkour.
However, I've practiced several types of martial arts consistently throughout the last 12 years, and have otherwise been an active fellow.
I wanted to gather some opinions on the idea of learning parkour fundamentals solo, as I have not found any instructors near where I live, Albuquerque, NM.  If anyone knows of an instructor or club in this area, please let me know!
 ;)
-Christov

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2007, 07:08:52 PM »
Etsi re Xristov, ti kaneis? Esei kala? Then eimai Ellinas. Boro na milou Ellinika yati mia kai brethika mazi Ellines epo stin Chicago. LOL.

Christov

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2007, 08:44:18 PM »
Etsi re Xristov, ti kaneis? Esei kala? Then eimai Ellinas. Boro na milou Ellinika yati mia kai brethika mazi Ellines epo stin Chicago. LOL.

Come again?   
I gave up guessing and had to check online, that is Finnish, is it not?  Either way I'm at a disadvantage.  Aber Ich kann ein bisschen Deutch lesen.... And gamol Angle.  But modern English is always best.  ;D

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2007, 09:03:52 PM »
Oh, sorry, I saw the Greek writing on your signature at the bottom, and I thought you were Greek, especially with the name Christov, because that is common among them.

But you speak Dutch eh.. I'm sure that gives you a better understanding of English since it is based in Dutch anyway. So tell me about the meaning behind the Molon Labe... And welcome to the forum :)

Christov

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »
I understand.  Yes, the signature is a little deceptive in that I do not speak Greek.  "Molon Labe" simply means "come and get them," a quote from Leonidas at the Battle of Thermopylae.  I quoted this because I'm a nerd for classical history.  So do you speak Greek?

I don't speak Dutch, though I just realized i misspelled "Deutsch" (German for "German") in my earlier message.  In any case, the languages are quite close.

Thanks for the welcome!  :D

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2007, 10:37:44 PM »
Yeah, I can speak Greek a bit.. I lived with a Greek girl for four years in Chicago, and learned the language so I could converse with her grandparents, and many of my neighbors were also Greek, so I picked it up from them. It's getting hard for me to speak it as well as I used to because my wife is Somali, and I've been learning that language, along with Arabic, so when I try to speak Greek now, Somali or Arabic comes out. LOL.

Dutch, German.. all the same roots.. the Angles were Dutch/Germanic people, thus Anglish or English.

Offline ZeroAlphaEnigma

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2007, 05:47:31 PM »
i can speak english :)
hahah 4 years of spanish, and first year of italian. :)
Traceur In Training

matcauthon12

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2007, 09:30:54 AM »
Hey, matcauthon12 here from nyparkour. I've been around for about a month and a half but just decided to introduce myself now :) Did gymnastics for a couple years and discovered parkour and free-running so here I am. And yeah, I don't know what it has to do with parkour but....I speak english, a little spanish, and I'm learning russian :P

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2007, 09:39:40 AM »
Multilingual ability seems to be on the rise in America.

Offline johnster988

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2007, 07:51:28 PM »
hmmm i really like this forum but there arent that many members but still its better that way because you dont have @ss holes critizing everyone
Parkour has helped me grow as much mentally as it has physically.

Offline Rahlyn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Learning To Fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2008, 02:18:30 PM »
I know a little german.  I took it for three years in highschool, but I haven't really continued the study, so I don't remember alot. 

Mein name ist Michael.  Ich bin achtzeihn jare alt und Ich hasst nicht Parkour ur Free Running machen voher.  Ich fange an, mich heute auszubilden.

I think that's right...I believe i just said: My name is Michael.  I am 18 years old and I've never done Parkor or Free Running before.  I start my training today.

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »
I took German 1 . . . twice, lol.  That's becasue I didn't do my HW the first time through.  I passed with flying colors the second time.  And I am amazed how close German and English is.

Don't know If I've ever introduced myself though.  I'm Michael (as well) and I've been practicing parkour for a little over two years.

I love it  :)

apk.jake

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2008, 12:17:12 PM »
Is everyone in The Tribe from DC?

Offline Newton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2008, 07:00:20 PM »
I'm new to parkour but a few of my friends have experience but i also want to learn from somewhere else if you can give me any tips they would be greatly appreciated

Offline Wolf7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2008, 01:51:37 PM »
im new. found out about parkour a few days ago and ive been trying as hard as i can to master the roll i think i have it but i cant do it put of jumos and i dont know if im doing it right.  im sorta psychotic and i try most things i see.  im 12 and in pretty crappy shape but i spend about 2 hours a day at the gym on a bike or on a olyptical trainer and some weight lifting.  Im very cautious about what i eat and my family is all health nuts.  any advice on what i should do? I spend probably an hour and a half practicing some parkour stuff but i no nothing so it basically me falling on a mat for two hours which kinda makes my friend laugh but any advice i really could use some

Offline Rapskalian

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:37 PM »
Also new to parkour. sup people. i've been doing this kind of thing for a while but i just never knew it had a name haha!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall

Offline Fireheart Storm

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to American Parkour -- PLEASE READ FIRST :)
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2008, 07:31:50 PM »
Hello there!  I ran across this forum when I was doing reserch for my writing, and now I'm determined to learn Parkour!  (maybe a bit of free running wouldn't hurt...)

But yes, I'm in the US, enjoy writing, singing, reading and lookign forward to learnign Parkour  (step one, rolling XP)

Offline Marfish

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »
Hey Mark Toorock,

It realy warms my heart to read about how you guys feel about Parkour and the way you want this forum to be.  I coulndt find the time right now, but i will be sending you a message this week, or maybe later today.

Greatings from the Netherlands.

Marvin Tigchelaar

PS, I've noticed in your first post of this topic you link to some parkour.net stuff. Sadly the site is off line.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 02:10:05 PM by Marfish »
To develop oneself and to preserve oneself.
                 In skills we trust.

Offline Corky2236

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2009, 02:56:24 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Corey. Its the middle of winter right now but I want to start training when it gets nicer outside. I have been doing stuff like this my whole life but didn't know about parkour until last year. So yea, Hi