Author Topic: Welcome to American Parkour -- PLEASE READ FIRST :)  (Read 82717 times)

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
Welcome to American Parkour -- PLEASE READ FIRST :)
« on: November 06, 2005, 11:28:23 PM »
We're very excited to be up and running and honored that you've decided to check us out.

Please read this whole post carefully, it will save you from embarrassment and from wasting other people's time.

While you're here, please keep a few things in mind:

Our forums are run with one guiding principle, the golden rule. If you do unto others in a polite and respectful way then we have a great forum. If you do unto others unkindly, we will ban unto you. You are welcome to share your opinion whatever it may be (barring religion and politics which are verboten) all we ask is that you do so respectfully using kind words if possible.

Although the main focus of this site is Parkour, we are tolerant and do discuss other kinds of movement, including Tricking, UF's FRPK, Free Running, and other types of movement which would be of interest to people in the Parkour community. We do not always moderate or differentiate, so please take the time to familiarize yourself with the basics.

We cannot be responsible for advice or information given by all the members of this forum. This is the internet, use advice at your own risk, and always try to verify information before putting it into practice in real life.

Train Safe, Train hard. Welcome to APK!

To guide you through your first experiences here at APK (save your NOOB Ass) ASA has put together this great guide:

First off, if you haven't already, check out the FAQ & The Forum Rules, which you can read in the Rules & Regulations section of the forum are:

1: Treat others the way you would want to be treated, with respect.

2. No discussion of religion or politics, neither belong in a Parkour forum.

After that, if you'd like, you can introduce yourself to the APK community by posting a little about yourself in the Welcome Thread.

Other features that the Members and Administration of APK present are Jesse Woody's Workout of the Day, Demon's Drills, or APK Live, our weekly chatroom.

To find out how to get linked into your local community, check out the "Locals Only" section of the forum, and find your state, from California to the Carolinas, and everything in between.

If you have questions, or want to add something about any topic, use the search bar at the top of the forum to help you find the applicable thread (forum conversation). If you can't find it, the people in this forum are some of the kindest and most entertaining people you will ever be in contact with, feel free to ask any unanswered questions in the proper forums.

See you out there!

Reccommended Reading:

To learn about the history and origins of Parkour, the articles about "Raymond Belle" and his son "David Belle" from Parkour.net are must-reads.

To understand the role of specific movements in Parkour, we suggest you read "Techniques in Parkour."

To further understand the philosophy behind Parkour,try reading "Greater than the Sum of it's Parts" by Jesse Woody.

- The APK Mods
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:12:20 PM by Russell Wilkie »
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Pistolwhip

Re: Welcome to American Parkour
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 12:36:23 PM »
I get the feeling that the site going on line will mark the beginning of a new era of growth, understanding and unity within the US parkour/movement scene. Keep your fingers crossed and your nose to the grindstone, everyone!

Gearsighted

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 01:55:56 PM »
Welcome, welcome....finally a hub for our growing community! :D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 05:48:59 AM by gear »

Offline Exo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 04:05:05 PM »
lol, things look great guys verry exciting times ahead!

Offline Nom

• Mangabey
  • NOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 12:43:20 PM »
Neat, up early :) and I thought you were trying to trick me with that "for sale" nonsense. Everything looks lovely.
------------------
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Springfield MO Weekly Session

akh horus

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 03:22:32 PM »
Awesome job! I'm super excited, and can't wait to see where this goes and takes the US scene!

Offline fLiPsTeR

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • I can't actually flip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 06:49:11 PM »
Can I get a woooo wooooooo for a collective US parkour site???  Ill keep tabs on you kids until my knee's decide to heal..  :P
emilio estevez?!  ...damn straight...

Wolf

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 07:38:23 PM »
Let's get this thing underway! Woot!

Kipup

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 09:24:47 PM »
Honnestly, a great idea.

Offline Rafe

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Natural Athletics
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 11:59:16 PM »
Very happy to see the site up an running been waiting for a couple weeks now. I think this well be a great step for the american scene. It was cool to read the parkour defination put up after the debate over on parkour.net . I think its an well written defination.
I shall not fear, fear is the mind killer the little death that precedes total obliteration

I will face my fear, I will let it pass over and through me and were it is gone, I will turn the inner eye and see its path, and only I will remain.

Offline ender

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 07:50:54 AM »
it is AWESOME to see a community like this up and running!

surely some good times to come :)

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 08:17:09 AM »
Thank you to M2 for our own forums.  I appreciate all that you have done for US.  Thanks for everything!
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Jewbilee

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 12:08:04 PM »
awesome.. can't wait for me people to join up.. we need more people down in VA Beach to jam with me.. lol

Offline gameyy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Linty Fresh
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 02:32:57 PM »
Great times ahead folks, but remember that as a community-based site, it's success depends primarily on us all! So keep submitting, and keep making this about the scene from YOUR standpoint!

-gameyy

Offline DeadPool

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • cats have a high risk of breast cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 05:36:28 PM »
Hmmm ..

this is a bit different... in some ways .. but its home now ;D

Offline Invisiblex

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Red Bull Owns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 08:15:11 PM »
good job on the site M2
me likey

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 04:30:58 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words .. let me be ungrateful for just a minute though ... nobody here is fishing for compliments, we're looking to do things right, so PLEASE make suggestions!! Tell us where we've gone wrong and what we're doing right, tel us what's missing and what we can do to get MORE INPUT FROM THE COMMUNITY!!
Thanks!!
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline DeadPool

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 07:40:08 AM »
hmmm ... you know something ..

every party ... needs ... LAAADDDDDIEEESSSSSSSS. 

:)

Offline The Fallen

• Patas
  • We ain't got no meatballs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 11:10:15 AM »
I love VA-parkour but i lust for American parkour! lol my dilemma is clear woe is me!...wait ill just do both! HOORAH! problem solved!
Animals should not try to act like Humans, But if i want to act like a dolphin who's gonna F%$^&ing stop me?

Offline DeadPool

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 11:33:33 AM »
wow ... i just looked at how many people we,ve got on here. and sence yesterday when i looked ... its gone up 80 members..

CRizaP!?!?!