Author Topic: Wrist Pain!!!  (Read 2369 times)

Offline SCOP3S

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Wrist Pain!!!
« on: July 25, 2006, 06:07:50 PM »
Hey everyone, Matt here and I have some questions. The first one is that when I'm doing straight down landings from a height that's probably more than 5 feet, I slap with my hands and I get this shock that goes through my wrists. Am I doing the landing wrong or is this normal?

Secondly (this is probably obvious from the first part) no one else Parkours in our area so there is no one I can go to for help on little things like this.  I've read the tutorials like 5 times but it would still be nice to have someone here to actually show me. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks a lot!

Offline Kiba

• Guenons
  • A jack of all trades, a master of none.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrist Pain!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 06:24:09 PM »
Hey everyone, Matt here and I have some questions. The first one is that when I'm doing straight down landings from a height that's probably more than 5 feet, I slap with my hands and I get this shock that goes through my wrists. Am I doing the landing wrong or is this normal?

Secondly (this is probably obvious from the first part) no one else Parkours in our area so there is no one I can go to for help on little things like this.  I've read the tutorials like 5 times but it would still be nice to have someone here to actually show me. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks a lot!

Well it's more of a touch than a slap...

Second, to help you out, it's doing parkour, not parkouring. XD
Nyah...

Offline Argon

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 07:06:54 PM »
There are sort of two schools of thought here: either you can "slap" the ground hard, so that the impulse from your hands cancels out a large amount of your momentum, or you can go for a more spread-out four-point landing. Essentially, you use your hands just like your feet, hit with fingertips first, then the top bit of your hand, and finally the palm. This is easier on your hands, but slower than the "slap".
My promise for the month: three sets of handstand pushups (upto 5 reps now...)

I keep having these dreams that I'm falling.
The strange thing is, when I wake up,
They keep coming true.

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 09:44:04 PM »
i recomend that you just focus on it when you are doing a landing and you will eventually get it.
Parkour isn't a sport, it's a way of life...

Offline Feral Demon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 11:13:58 AM »
yeah dude. it's sort of like conditioning. eventually your muscle memory will have you fixing the way you do it so it doesn't hurt anymore.