Author Topic: Your Personal Top 10 Videos...  (Read 757 times)

Offline Gabe Arnold

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Proud Founder of S.U.T.S.
    • View Profile
    • Gabe Arnold Fitness
Your Personal Top 10 Videos...
« on: August 13, 2009, 08:53:04 PM »
...in no particular order whatsoever.

Here are my Top 10 (as of right now) based solely on how much I like them as videos of movement. Criteria is editing, music, acting, the message, the movements themselves, basically just how well everything comes together. There are many videos I love, but not everything could fit on this list; so just remember, this is only the tip of the iceberg! If you want to, list your Top 10 (or Top anything). If we're lucky, maybe we'll be introduced to some videos we've never seen before!

DUSK...Parkour Training
Excellent moves, amazing soundtrack, near perfect editing. And the traceur is from right here in the US, on these forums no less. (check out the 30+ section, he's there) Easily in my Top 3. 

A Day of Few Spoken Words
Mini documentary about Tokyo Parkour. I think the interview/discussion section is my favorite part. Fascinating to see how different areas of the world approach and view the mental aspects of Parkour/Freerunning.

Parkour (Formerly Poetry in Motion)
Sam Parham of 3Run creates the go-to video of "pure" parkour. And the poetry ain't too bad either.

Speeders -Special Family-
Incredible moves, high energy pace, goof ball antics, and the mother of of all twist endings...

Rage Froobling
Teghead "shuns" the Parkour community and creates Rage Froobling. Epic speed runs ensue. (Also check out Sproinking the Envirohurdles. Fantastic blend of imagery and song.)

Parkour: Real Story
Brand new and *bleeping* incredible. A new standard in Parkour/Freerunning videos.

Trace Elements Parkour 2008
Australia gets it done in spectacular fashion. The '07 video was a classic. The '08 one improved five-fold.

Origins
It's like a Blane highlight reel. Practically required viewing at this point.

Entrevista a David Belle em Berlim
David Belle has given better interviews (with better subtitling) and shown much more skill in his movements...but rarely have I seen him as happy as in this video. It's almost like he can't wait to talk and teach and move and just BE...

A Long Journey - The Beginning
Daer breaks it down and shows why he's among Mexico's finest.

Honorable Mentions...

+TK17's Project: Pilgrimage (THE guide to Lisses and an excellent primer on parkour in general)
+The WFPF video collection (pushing the boundaries of movement potential with every video)
+Northern Parkour's Lisses Trip 2007 series (best. opening. ever.) and their recent documentary, The Nature of Challenge.

EDIT: WHOA! I almost forgot! Worldwide Traceuse Project 2009
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:00:46 PM by Gabe Arnold »

Offline Timothy Chen Allen

• Patas
  • "The limits are further out than you think"
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: Your Personal Top 10 Videos...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:06:32 AM »
I love DUSK as well.  That video has inspired me to go out and practice on days when I was tired.  I like the fact that Argie works out consistently and that is the source of his solid abilities.

I'll have to check out the remaining videos in your list.  I have not seen them.
Timothy Chen Allen
"The limits are further out than you think"
Washington, DC
Facebook:TimothyChenAllen
My training log
President's Challenge Parkour Group

Offline Matthew Wang

• Total Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • July 1st, 2008 - My first day of training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »
DUSK was great.

I love Rage Froobling, the movement was that of reality. You're getting chased by someone you're not going to slow down to a brisk jog, you'll be sprinting like hell.

All great videos really, especially Parkour: Real Story.
http://www.washingtonparkour.com/
Need something Washington Parkour related?
matt@washingtonparkour.com
washington@americanparkour.com
10 PUSH UPS OR 5 PULL UPS PER POST

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 10:29:50 AM »
Chili
Bum Rush the Campus part 1
Free Inspiration
Endavour
Escape
Summer 09 Livewire
Stripogram

The first four just because of the beauty of parkour and the last two because of the freedom it brings you

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 10:33:19 AM by Christian Greene »