Author Topic: How do you add music to a video without getting it muted?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
How do you add music to a video without getting it muted?
« on: October 13, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »
I bought my songs from Itunes, and I had to change it to Mp3 file to add it to Windows Movie Maker. But Youtube muted the video because it was no longer WMV protected. How did you guys add music to videos without getting it taken off of Youtube?

Offline Yow

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: How do you add music to a video without getting it muted?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 05:53:18 PM »
I think it depends on the song. If the author or whoever has the rights of the song doesn't want it to be distributed without their permission then youtube will mute it. It only happens with some songs though.

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 05:58:53 PM »
Sometimes in videos, I see ads by itunes saying what song it is. I thought those videos contained music downloaded from itunes.

Offline Alec H

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 06:43:03 PM »
Add this to the description.

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 08:34:06 PM »
Vimeo dude.
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Wenxin Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Muffin Button
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 02:00:46 AM »
Add this to the description.

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

does that actually work? I don't think they personally read every description of every video uploaded.

Offline Victor00

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 03:50:41 AM »
everytime me and my friends make a vid and add music we just put the name of the artist and the song on the credits and weve never had any of our music muted

Offline Mitchell

• Patas
  • Je m'apelle Mitchell, je suis un nouveau traceur.
    • View Profile
    • Valca Design
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 08:24:12 PM »
everytime me and my friends make a vid and add music we just put the name of the artist and the song on the credits and weve never had any of our music muted

This. And I've only had an ad pop-up for one. I don't think recording artists care if:

A: You give them credit VERY CLEARLY in the video (mine always have a full 3-4 second view with a blank black screen and white type)
B: You're not profiting from the video
C: You're not promoting a message with their music that is contradictory to their "brand," though I doubt this would be a problem with any genre for Parkour.
Nous changeons le mouvement de l'humanité contemporaine.