Author Topic: Welcome to the injury forum.  (Read 14296 times)

Gearsighted

Welcome to the injury forum.
« on: November 18, 2005, 03:08:01 PM »
Everybody is bound to get injured eventually, whether you practice Parkour or not. It's nice to have some hints and tips from people with a bit of knowlege to help you avoid nagging injuries, or to help with the accute injuries you may have incured. On that note, please do not post advice unless you are relatively experienced with the information you are presenting. Just as with the workout and diet forums, this information can affect people's health, so if you don't know what you're talking about, just keep it to yourself.

Also, for any person seeking advice herein, you do so at your own risk. Americanparkour.com is in no way responsible for the results of information you may recieve. Though I will be doing my best to filter the information within these forums to keep it safe and relevant, we do not claim any professional knowlege in the medical field. As such, it would be a good idea to check with a doctor for any injury you may sustain, or before following any advice that you do not feel comfortable with.

Otherwise, I hope we can all work together to share any information that we may have access to or any experience we may have.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
Re: Welcome to the injury forum.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:39:22 AM »
In injury forum, could we post some stickys with basic first aid for cuts, bruises, scrapes, strains and sprains? I'm guessing that would cover 80% of PK related injuries. Field-treating fractures, shock and concussion maybe. That's more serious. Heat exhaustion, sunburn, sunstroke... summer's coming up.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
First Aid Index
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:48:55 PM »
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/FirstAidIndex/FirstAidIndex

Mayo Clinic has good information. No pretty pictures, few videos...
Hopefully you'll never need this info.

Call an ambulance or 911 if:
  • Severe bleeding or blood loss
  • Unconscious or significant difficulty breathing
  • Possible spinal or neck injury