Author Topic: Traceurs Near Lafayette CO  (Read 6098 times)

Offline toxinsedge

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Traceurs Near Lafayette CO
« on: August 02, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »
My name is Austin and i live in lafayette CO. I am relatively new to parkour and i was wondering if there were any other traceurs that i could train with in the area. you can either contact me throught email: armoredinred@gmail.com or replying to this post.
Parkour is not about who is better than who, it is about freedom of the body and soul, about self-expression. Parkour is a way of life. A freedom not expressed in any other sport.

Offline Jim "Monkey" Parker

• Mangabey
  • I am a leaf on the wind...Watch how I soar...
    • View Profile
Re: Traceurs Near Lafayette CO
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:58:02 PM »
Hey Austin,

My wife and I live in Lafayette and we're usually training/teaching down in Boulder.

Come on by one of the Boulder classes...or come to a gauntlet night (restarting for me in October)
Both are great ways to get connected to the local scene!!!

We haven't found much in the way of training hotspots in Lafayette so if you have some suggestions I would love to find a new spot in town!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
-Japanese Proverb

Offline toxinsedge

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 07:22:44 PM »
Hey Jim,

I have been trying to get into the classes down in Boulder, I just need to scavenge the money so that I can go. And by Gauntlet you mean gauntlet training right? But i would love to come and train with you guys. Currently i have been going to the Colorado National Parkour Jam to further myself into the Parkour crowd and I plan on going to the Jams tommorow in Denver and also the jam on Monday in Boulder. Maybe I will see you there and introduce myself in person.

As for any hotspots... there are little to none... except for the surrounding scools such as Peak to Peak, Centaurus, Ryan Elementary, etc. Thouse have been the places that i have been training. There is also a private school named Alexander Dawson School which has some really good play grounds and good places to practice and train.
Parkour is not about who is better than who, it is about freedom of the body and soul, about self-expression. Parkour is a way of life. A freedom not expressed in any other sport.

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »
OOh! I always love new playgrounds!!! We'll have to do a tour some night.
I've explored the High School...but found little in the way of dense obstacles.

I'll be at APEX tomorrow...the older guy in the COPK t-shirt...please come say hi!

As for gauntlets...yep..the classic CU Boulder gauntlet is a great training course...big kudos to Ryan for designing it.

My job keeps me busy and away from town for most of September...but I'm planning on upping my training come October. If you want, I can help give rides to/from CU on gauntlet nights.

See you at the jam tomorrow!
Jim
-Japanese Proverb

Offline toxinsedge

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »
I can drive as well so if you want me to drive sometimes i will be glad to.

I couldnt find you yesterday though... but if you are going to be at the jam in boulder tomorrow (the 8th) i will be there so maybe i could meet you there or something.

It would be great going and doing a tour sometime...i will go whenever you are open and free to do so.

Austin

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 07:14:24 PM »
One more week of trips..then freedom!!!

My brother and I have tentative plans to go run the CU gauntlet this Thursday if my neck is healed up. (Botched a back tuck on Saturday)  :'(

I won't have time to jump on the forum beforehand....but lets plan for next week for certain!
-Japanese Proverb

Offline toxinsedge

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 02:58:29 PM »
I'm sorry about your neck... sounds painful. But ya next week sounds great. Just tell me when and where and I will be there. Just contact me through the forum or you can call me at (720) 876-8739 and we can go train.

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 10:55:10 PM »
Yeah, neck was effed this week....I'll post in the jams forum early next week with time and place...see you soon!
-Japanese Proverb

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 05:09:45 PM »
-Japanese Proverb

Offline Tony Middleton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 06:56:02 AM »
Hi Jim and Austin,

I also live in Lafayette and started training at Boulder Cross Fit this fall.  I will be there tonight, so please introduce yourselves.  I am the older guy in the kickboxing shirt.  I don't know of any great place to do parkour in Lafayette, but I like to run Coal Creek Trail and play at Cottonwood Park, which is near the trail.

I think it is great that you are doing the CU gauntlet.  I am afraid that I cannot get there so early on Thursday.  Have you considered doing it on the weekends?

Tony

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 10:19:03 AM »
Hey Tony!

I haven't been down to the Wed classes yet because of work... I usually help out at the Saturday classes. Going to try getting down there on Wed one of these days...but my wife and I are taking birthing classes on Wed now!

Unfortunately, with it getting darker earlier, it's hard to schedule the gauntlet...but we can go at a later time if that works better for folks.

I also started putting together a gauntlet across the street from me...not ready for prime time yet..but it's something we could do on off-days and later in the evening. (It will most definitely be shorter than CU).

I'll have to check out Cottonwood Park..where is it?
-Japanese Proverb

Offline Tony Middleton

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »
Hey Jim,

Congrats on the new baby on the way.  I have two kids and taking them to the park gives me a great way to practice parkour.  Cottonwood Park is a 1-acre mini park that has nice playground equipment and is usually empty. There is great access to the Coal Creek Trail from this park.

Directions: Cottonwood Park is located at 1102 East Centaur Circle. It is accessed by turning south from South Boulder Road on Centaur Village Drive and left on Chiron Street and then right on Centaur Circle. 

I would be very interested in running your Lafayette Gauntlet when it is done. 

Tony

Offline toxinsedge

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »
Jim- How long is the gauntlet going to be on Thursday? And I would also like to do some small gauntlets/ training sessions here in Lafayette.

Tony- It is great to know that there are other traceurs in the area. I am going to start taking some of the parkour classes at boulder cross-fit so maybe I will see you there. I

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 02:27:52 PM »
Right on! I'll have to go check it out! I'm on Fall break right now so lots of free time!

Also, I'm going to up the time of the gauntlet until 5PM as NOone seems to be able to make it at 4!  :D
-Japanese Proverb

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 02:28:34 PM »
I dunno..gauntlet is usually 2-3 hours...I changed the time to 5PM too.
-Japanese Proverb

Offline toxinsedge

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »
Ok 5 is better for me because I have school until 3 and I have some things to do tomorrow. So i will probably be able to come. I am not sure how to get down to the location where the gauntlet is taking place though... I am not familiar with CU.

Offline hollywoodkid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Hollywood Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 02:04:46 AM »
is Lafayette down by layer and  erie? if so i go up to valmont every few weeks, im down to come train.
Demented thoughts, bleek intentions, and suicidal tendencies. /9:47/

Insincerely yours,
hollywood kid

Offline toxinsedge

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 07:29:42 PM »
ya it is over by erie