Author Topic: Woman in Parkour and freerunning  (Read 11558 times)

Offline HollyWoodAPK

• Patas
  • Hey Look An Obsticle I Havent Gotten Over
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com
Woman in Parkour and freerunning
« on: July 24, 2009, 09:00:10 AM »
okay so i have lived in a lot of places being in a military family and all and i have never once seen a female traceur and it really bugs me because id think there would be more then just my 11 year old sister (who is a little beast i might add lol) i dont know if there is any on this forum but i hope there are a lot more then i can tell..power to the female traceurs even though i am a guy lol
"OH GOD!! HE SHOT ME IN THE FOOT" guy laughs "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LAUGHING AT I JUST GOT SHOT!!?!?" guy points at the TV and says "that guy just leaped over a fence and smacked a tree branch"   FRIENDSHIP FAIL

Offline Patrick Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Outrunner
    • View Profile
Re: Woman in Parkour and freerunning
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 09:11:46 AM »
I train with female practitioners all the time.  Anne leads the parkour scene in the Woodlands, TX.  Muse leads the scene in Madison, WI.  Just look around the site; you'll find plenty.  There's even a section on the boards for female practitioners specifically.
Training log.
Train hard, eat smart, and act with honor.

Offline HollyWoodAPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:14:27 AM »
I train with female practitioners all the time.  Anne leads the parkour scene in the Woodlands, TX.  Muse leads the scene in Madison, WI.  Just look around the site; you'll find plenty.  There's even a section on the boards for female practitioners specifically.
alright thank you i was just asking because my little sister is tired of hanging out with guys lol...its kind of sad shes only 11 and is tired of hanging out with me lol
"OH GOD!! HE SHOT ME IN THE FOOT" guy laughs "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LAUGHING AT I JUST GOT SHOT!!?!?" guy points at the TV and says "that guy just leaped over a fence and smacked a tree branch"   FRIENDSHIP FAIL

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:24:32 AM »
Yeah the only Traceuses I have seen have been on the forum. None here. :'(
Actually I only know two other people that do parkour.
Quote from: Jim Wendler
Is what I'm doing awesome? If I ask myself that and the answer is no, then I don't do it

Offline HollyWoodAPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:28:07 AM »

i think we need to let more women know about this and the benifit that there are

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 10:12:03 AM »
I'm training a chica right now... dunno how long she'll stick with it though.

Here's a youtube playlist but there are certainly more videos: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0B55FF42F733E52F
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline HollyWoodAPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 10:14:41 AM »
I'm training a chica right now... dunno how long she'll stick with it though.

Here's a youtube playlist but there are certainly more videos: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0B55FF42F733E52F

keep it interesting for her dont let the girls go lol

Offline Saki Krys

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 10:15:57 AM »
I'm a female and have been training for several months now. I have a big dance background (ballet, aerial dance, contortion, etc.) which really helped me out in starting parkour. There are maybe 2 other traceuses here around GA that I know of, and i got to meet 2 traceuses when I went up to NYPK. And I know there are tons more traceuses out there that I've seen on forums and youtube and stuff. :)

Offline HollyWoodAPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 10:16:46 AM »
I'm a female and have been training for several months now. I have a big dance background (ballet, aerial dance, contortion, etc.) which really helped me out in starting parkour. There are maybe 2 other traceuses here around GA that I know of, and i got to meet 2 traceuses when I went up to NYPK. And I know there are tons more traceuses out there that I've seen on forums and youtube and stuff. :)

very nice, keep it up we need more female traceurs

Offline John Conway

• Mangabey
  • John Conway
    • View Profile
    • CouchSurfer
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 11:17:58 AM »

Yep. Power to the traceuses, seconded.

Offline HollyWoodAPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 12:34:56 PM »

Yep. Power to the traceuses, seconded.

i actually have a friend who is interested in parkour who is a femlae but i need someone to help her learn because i moveddd. she lives in lexington KY

Offline Lydia Cloak

• Adorable Mangabey
  • Patas
  • Conquering a thousand vaults begins with a jump
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 01:12:14 PM »
Recently at the PKBC 3, there were 4 Traceuses (including myself) and about 40-60 Traceurs. So we do exist...we're just rare. I'm the only Traceuse around here...but honestly...I don't mind  :-\
Why run from the future and live in the past when you can embrace tomorrow and learn from yesterday?
April 22, 2009 - Beginning of the future
<a href="http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=17035.0>My training log[/url]

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 01:23:24 PM »
We have 2 on COPK Carolynn is awesome, she can muscle up and has backflips outside before me haha!
And there's at least 2 more off the top of my head Steph is one of my favorite people here in CO haha! And she has a friend who she trains with too!

Offline Saki Krys

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 02:08:08 PM »
I'm the only Traceuse around here...but honestly...I don't mind  :-\

Yeah, most of the time I'm the only female when I go train, and I don't mind at all either. I've got a strong legs from my dance background, and I've got a stronger upper body than the average female, so it's nice to have the guys to train with for motivation.

Offline My Name

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 06:19:33 PM »
i've seen one, she wasn't bad

Offline Stephanie Belle Hagan

• Mangabey
  • poof.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »
Christian you flatter me haha. Well yeah as far as I know... there are only a few in CO. But that's cool. I've tried getting a lot of other girls into parkour. I have a team at my school (we train 3 days a week  :)) and we started out with about 4 girls, 7 guys. And all but one girl dropped out. Neh.  :P Oh well.
"When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So, what the hell, leap!"
-Unknown

ichisato

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 09:07:05 AM »
a girl i like loves parkour, she's too afraid to do it and her bf hates me so i can't teach her.

Offline HollyWoodAPK

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 10:25:05 AM »
a girl i like loves parkour, she's too afraid to do it and her bf hates me so i can't teach her.

fight her boyfriend and teach her....its like a good movie lol

ichisato

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 12:53:07 PM »

fight her boyfriend and teach her....its like a good movie lol

trust me, i could kick his @$$ any time, she would hate me then XD she's very different. and hes a chubby punk skater.

Offline Stephanie Belle Hagan

• Mangabey
  • poof.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »
I would take a traceur over a fat skateboarder any day. I'm pretty sure any girl would. Give it time, dude.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:50:42 PM by Steph »
"When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So, what the hell, leap!"
-Unknown