Author Topic: How to rate a shoe  (Read 3458 times)

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
How to rate a shoe
« on: July 14, 2006, 02:51:12 PM »
Me and ungoy have developed a 100 point system to grade a shoe. each point is outta 10/10

• Lifespan - How long the whole shoe will last. Includesthe inside, The outide, and the sole of the shoe.
  • Toughness - How durable the shoe is. How resistant it is to scratching, fraying, and scuffing.
  • Grip - How good of a grip it gets on a wall, a rail, and cross country.
  • Insoles - This is the padding inside of the shoe. How good they are at cushioning the landings.
  • Shock absorbtion - This is for the heel of the shoe. How good the gel, air, or what ever chamber in the back is.
  • Breathability - How well air can get into the shoe.
  • Comfort - How the shoe feels on your foot.
  • Weight - How heavy the shoe is. The lighter the better.
  • Price - How expensive the shoe is.
  • Personal Rating - How much you personally like the shoe.

Price Scale
10=$20.00-$29.99
9=$30.00-$39.99
8=$40.00-$49.99
7=$50.00-$59.99
6=$60.00-$69.99
5=$70.00-$79.99
4=$80.00-$89.99
3=$90.00-$99.99
2=$100.00-$109.99
1=$110.00-$119.99
0=$120.00- and up

*How to test instore*
You can't test the lifespan but you can guess it by the materials used and how sturdy it looks.

Toughness is is also teasted by the type of materials used.

The grip can be decided by walking in the stor and start jumpin left then right then left until you are satisfied. Notice how much it slides to make your decision. Try on multible surfaces.

Insoles are tested by trying the shoe on and walking around in them.

Shock absorbtion can be checked out by jumping up and down and bending your knees when you land. Also attempt to push on them with your fingers. If they give away a little that is good because they wont bottom out when you land.

Breathability can be tested in a few ways. One is to blow on the shoe hard and if you can feel it through the shoe that is good. Second if your feet dont get hot after about a minute or two that is good.

Comfort can be determinded by how good the shoe feels not how good it fits you personally.

To tell if the shoes weight is good just hold it and compare it to other running shoes in the store.

Personal rating is determined by you!
Parkour isn't a sport, it's a way of life...

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
Re: How to rate a shoe
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 03:31:44 PM »
props and +1

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 04:01:05 PM »
Thank you very much :D. lol. I hope that they adopt this method it took me like an hour to ome up with the 10 points with my buddy unggoy. If you are suggesting any changes be made please pm me.

Offline pointman323

• Patas
  • yarrgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 06:26:37 PM »
i like it but!!! whats this?!
Breathability can be tested in a few ways. One is to blow on the shoe hard and if you can feel it through the shoe that is good. Second if your feet dont get hot after about a minute or two that is good.
one of the 2 is a good idea, and thats if your feet dont get hot! can you really feel your breath through a shoe, even if it is a 100% mesh running shoe, yes 100% mesh
"Its not that we're the best, its that everybody else sucks"

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 07:40:04 PM »
I just realized how gay that sounded lol. But it wont go through all shoes. I am not saying you will be wearing a leather pk shoe. Oh wait the new hyperriders are made outta lether.