Author Topic: APK members and other traceur(euses), visiting from out state?  (Read 13596 times)

Offline Æric

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: APK members and other traceur(euses), visiting from out state?
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
If I make it to Hawaii, I'm definately hitting some trails xD
I'm aware of the NYPK scene up here, but the biggest problem is my location in NY. I'm not from the big city and the closest community that I know of is Rochester PK but I haven't been able to connect with them yet, but once I get a license (Getting that this March) and a set of wheels, I should be able to make trips around New York. When people think of New York, they think of the city. But where I live, people want to call Hornell, my home, a city but the thing about this place is that it's much more rural than it is urban because most of the buildings are spread apart.

1. I'm 17 right now, but I will be 18 by the time spring break rolls around.
2. The closest thing I can say that I had background in "movement" is just general monkeying around. Summer 2009 I was interested in parkour for the duration of the summer and was actually trying out a few basic things such as the roll, landing, precision, some of the various vaults(Day i did the kong was probably the peak of that summer).
3. Not in college.
4. I used to be a gamer but after a while, i realized that gaming is just getting much more boring to me. Aside from that, I play guitar and keyboard.
5. The whole reason I started PK, aside from inspiration from you guys, was to get into shape. Doing conventional workout routines just end up being really repetitive and boring. What I see from PK is a lot of versatility. Recently, what got me back into PK was that right now i'm joining the military and I found it the best way for me to stay in shape.
6. I usually train on the street, outside of the YMCA(Its a hotspot of mine), and down at the park there's plenty of benches to work with. There is two gyms that I know of but unfortunately both of them are pretty small.

Offline Sala

• Patas
  • Cell:230.4570 Hit me up! We go Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 05:40:52 PM »
Just to let you know...not everyone from the original HIPK group still train here in HI.  Ozzi, David, Richard, JC, and some other guys still here...

I was around at in the very beginning :D

Anyways.
Whoa NY?! Im totally jealous. Ive always wanted to train with some of the NYPK cats
If we cant make love, we can always make peace. Cant we?

Offline Æric

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 06:10:56 PM »
Whoa NY?! Im totally jealous. Ive always wanted to train with some of the NYPK cats
So have I lol One day, when I make it to the big city, I'll make sure I meet with them. xD It's a mission.

Offline Cody Bailey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 04:38:04 PM »
I'm Cody from Texas. I'll be in Oahu for my senior trip from May 30th to June 4th. I'm pretty sure that I'd be able to do some training with ya'll somewhere in that time-frame. I think we will be staying at the Hilton Prince, if that helps for planning a session.

turtlekarma

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 10:30:05 PM »
I'm Cody from Texas. I'll be in Oahu for my senior trip from May 30th to June 4th. I'm pretty sure that I'd be able to do some training with ya'll somewhere in that time-frame. I think we will be staying at the Hilton Prince, if that helps for planning a session.

cool man looking forward to meeting ya...and geez guy, what kind school you go that can afford to send a whole class from Texas to Hawaii for like a week...and stay at the prince???

Offline Sala

• Patas
  • Cell:230.4570 Hit me up! We go Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 01:06:45 AM »
cool man looking forward to meeting ya...and geez guy, what kind school you go that can afford to send a whole class from Texas to Hawaii for like a week...and stay at the prince???

Any given school on the mainland ><

Ill make sure to free up my schedule(and keep it that way)
If we cant make love, we can always make peace. Cant we?

Offline GoldenSlumbers

• Patas
  • The Real Geoff Pieper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 07:24:31 AM »
Any given school on the mainland ><

Ill make sure to free up my schedule(and keep it that way)
Psh, I lived on the wrong mainland then!
“Using no way as way, Having no limitation as limitation.” - Bruce Lee
"The more I see the less I know for sure." - John Lennon

Offline Cody Bailey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 09:34:53 AM »

A really small school. Only 12 in my class, and we've been doing fundraisers for a while. We also got some discounts for booking early and stuff.

Offline Syqwn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • MOOOOOO!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 12:17:35 PM »
Hey HiPker's, as I said in the Oahu Post. I'm Colin, AKA, Syqwn. I'm with the WaPk community and I am currently on the beautiful Island of Oahu.

I arrived on the 24th and will be staying for two weeks. Thus making the date that i take my leave, April 8th.

In the mean time, I would love to meet up with you HiPker's for some runs. This being my first time that I am actually able to train on one of my trips here.

I may be a little rusty though as I just came off an injury and haven't run in a bit.

Contact me on here or you can send me an email if you want to set up a meet.

My Email is s.i.q.incorporated@live.com.

Hit me up. Cya'll around

turtlekarma

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »
PM me your number or call me and I'll try get something going for you...808-754-4800

we have a jam going on this sunday the 27th.

Offline Grant L

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
Hello gents.

Grant Lechner- AERO (chicago parkour)- May 28th (first full day there)-Training for 2 years

Heading to Maui for family vacation and i would really like to train with you guys. Learn as much as possible from you guys. Only staying a week which really blows, No idea when i'll be free since we aren't really planning anything ahead of time. But i'm gonna have 1 day where i could venture off with you guys.

Want anymore info just let me know

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »
Hey Grant... thanks for the notice. Any idea where you'll be staying?
Have you ever been to Maui before?

Offline Grant L

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 04:39:10 PM »
Never been to Hawaii before in general, As for where I will be staying it's some resort right on Kaanapali beach, or Kaanapali, which ever makes more sense. 

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »
Ok, that's on the west side. There are a couple guys that used to train over there, but I haven't heard anything recently.

Offline W0LF

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 07:31:08 PM »
Hey guys, shout'n out your way from Virginia. I'll be staying with a friend in Pearl City.

Matt Ballard - Wolf (Virginia Parkour)- I don't really have any plans while I'm there so I be available from August 9th till about the 14th for training and jamming while I'm in Hawaii

Hopefully our paths will have the chance to cross.

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2010, 01:03:14 PM »
Yes, please remind us as time approaches, we can plan a jam for you or something for sure.
Be well.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi