Author Topic: Parkour quotes  (Read 21942 times)

Offline Stephanie Belle Hagan

• Mangabey
  • poof.
    • View Profile
Re: Parkour quotes
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 09:36:26 AM »
"The Streets. My Home. The Architecture. My Inspiration. The Fear. My Motivation. The Sweat, the Scars, the Pain. My Proof. My Name. Traceur." -Unknown

Haha I like it.  ;D And this one..

"The most important element is the harmony between you and the obstacle; the movement has to be elegant... If you manage to pass over the fence elegantly—that's beautiful, rather than saying I jumped the lot. What's the point in that?"—Jerome Ben Aoues
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 09:41:04 AM by Steph (snowspringer) »
"When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So, what the hell, leap!"
-Unknown

Offline Dan Frank

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formless, shapeless, like water.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »
Just search for Buddhist, Zen, and Taoist sayings. I find that Eastern philosophy is much more inspiring in that it captures the essence and the means of an effect or an end. Whereas a traditionally Western mind (traditionally, I must say, because the way we think now is more similar than ever before, and to say that modern Eastern and Western philosophy is distinctly separate would be arbitrary) might say, "Nothing is impossible, for man is greater than any challenge that can be presented" an Eastern mind might say, "There is no wall between you and triumph, only a reflection of your own weaknesses."

However, most ontological and epistemological philosophy, and other similar branches of philosophy, are largely accredited to Western thinkers. I like to think that Western philosophy has captured the universe around us, while Eastern philosophy has captured the universe inside of us.
Dedication is the basis of success in all things. The achievement of one's goals will ensue naturally if one is dedicated.

Offline swap01

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 05:55:05 AM »
On toujours avance. Et vous? - David Belle (i believe)

We're always advancing. Are you?

I have to agree that westren is much more straight forward. And estren you have to go a bit deeper.