Author Topic: Freerunning Club promo  (Read 6576 times)

Offline The Unexpected

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Freerunning Club promo
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 11:12:14 AM »
Ok.  Going to spell it out.

I don't want to run under the label of parkour, or any other thing.  I still want to kong, and dash, and tic-tac, but I feel confined by the mentality of parkour so I am just going to have fun with it.  And the video was for freerunning, not parkour.  I just posted it here because the people here are usually helpful and friendly! :D

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 11:33:29 AM »
OK now I understand.
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Daniel Faulkner

• Guenons
  • pierced one
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 11:38:51 AM »
Yeah that was what I was gonna say.  You might of wanted to ask permission from all of the different creaters of each video before just hijacking them.  Also what would make the video better and make original owners a little happier is if you were to give a list of credits at the end telling who all did what and where it came from. 
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Not all who wander are lost. J.R. Tolkien

Offline PntbllKddN

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 06:43:59 PM »
Ok.  Going to spell it out.

I don't want to run under the label of parkour, or any other thing.  I still want to kong, and dash, and tic-tac, but I feel confined by the mentality of parkour so I am just going to have fun with it.  And the video was for freerunning, not parkour.  I just posted it here because the people here are usually helpful and friendly! :D
I'm a bit of a noob, sorry...

but.... is there some kind of rivalrey between Parkour and freerunning? I've noticed how upset people get when I mix the two up.

anyways, I think the video is great. The music really matched up well. Yes, everyone else has a point about superficials and looking cool, but I think its a good hook. Just make sure to point out how much training and discipline it takes to everyone. At least they have the moves by the people in that video to set goals to.
I'm basically the only one in my school who knows what Parkour and freerunning is. But what I would do to get people to join is by first telling your closest (and most fit, of course) friends, and try to get them to do it. That way you already have not only a group, but a group you can trust. That's a good building block to get more people.

[first post. yay]

Offline Maltise

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 07:15:19 PM »
Yarg!  It won't attract superficial people! But people won't join if the superficial people are constantly heckling them, so they MUST think it's cool and be impressed.  THe point of the video is to look cool and impress people, but that is NOT the point of the club.  If somone who is superficial joins and realizes we aren't pulling that crazy stuff, then they can quit.  But what if somone who is like that joins and discovers that they love the sport?

P.S.  If somone is as dedicated and as hardworking as somone else, but they only do so so they may impress others, where is the harm in that?  We all have our own individual reasons for enjoying parkour, and if impressing others is that reason then so be it!

I'll give you $20 to post that on parkour.net

THe point of the video is to look cool and impress people, but that is NOT the point of the club.

That's like showing a video of a gorilla eating a pie for the chess club. The video needs to represent what the club is about.

Aside from the fact that in your defense, you said many things I strongly disagree with and would like to discuss with you about, the video is great. Just not good for a school club. It's a really nice compilation of clips. Good timing on the music too ;)
"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right."
--Adidas

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 11:16:45 PM »
If you have created a parkour club, or would like to, please visit this thread: http://www.americanparkour.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,159/topic,5833.0/

Offline toekneebullard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • tonybullard.com
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 11:07:59 AM »
Yarg!  It won't attract superficial people! But people won't join if the superficial people are constantly heckling them, so they MUST think it's cool and be impressed. 
If they can't stand being heckled by other kids in high school, they need to spend time working on their sense of self worth more than free running.

If somone who is superficial joins and realizes we aren't pulling that crazy stuff, then they can quit. 
Then won't those superficial people turn around and say "look at the gay jumping club, I thought it would be huge stuff, but it's just gay jumping."  And then you'll be in the same place.

Offline AN D

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 12:42:38 PM »
i agree. They would be joining the club for the wrong reasons. Do you really want that to begin with?   

o and the link doesn't work. am I the only one who has trouble seeing the video?

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 03:22:37 PM »
It's because Muhammed is going around and reviving all of the threads that have the word school in them, look at the dates of the postings, there from like a year ago.

Offline Jereme Sanders

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 04:50:03 PM »
BUUUURRRNNRNRNRNRNRNNN...Do I smell lawsuit? :P

All joking aside...asking for permission to use other peoples footage when its for personal gain is a must...so you avoid the aforementioned outcome...as for my advice...TRAIN...as often as you can and in front of people...just doing that at my college during my break got me about 9 people...and frequenting the rec center (rock wall mainly) got me most of the people that frequent there interested...and I didn't have to do one big drop or inherently amazing thing...just the idea, some combinations around some rails...wall scales...dive rolls and something that otherwise looks like you know what you are doing...you'll get attention, act professional, courteous, and just train hard man, they will come if you train. no need to show a video of people doing nothing but huge stuff...the proof  is in the pudding, not the packaging. ;)

Best of luck man
"People may forget what you've done, or said, but they will never forget the way you made them feel."

The Best part of Falling Down is Getting Back Up...

Offline Jereme Sanders

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 04:53:52 PM »
Lol...just noticed how old it was and that there was even a second page...awesome awareness skills ftw...oh well lol
"People may forget what you've done, or said, but they will never forget the way you made them feel."

The Best part of Falling Down is Getting Back Up...