Author Topic: kids these days...  (Read 26952 times)

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
Re: kids these days...
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 07:35:16 AM »
I'm 15, my whole life i have had parents who grew up in very strict households. So that same philosophy applies to our family too. I have spent my entire life being as chivalrous, appreciative, hard working, kind, and just as i can. It has definitely helped my life in more ways than immaginable. In the middle of freshman year in H.S. last year i started homeschooling. Now I have two jobs, am almost done with high school, learning to become a traceur and working out everyday, and i still have time to do everything i want and more. I have had to work my ass off for all of that, moving to a rich new jersey "village" (which my parents had to work for) i saw everyday what bad parenting does to children. The kids in my school were the most racist, ignorant, unintelligent, ungrateful, single-minded, snobbish, and dis-respectful people i have ever met in my entire life. Not one of them even remotely knew what it was like to live outside of their dull, sheltered lives. And yet they still bitched everyday about the most meaningless things immaginable. And it astounded me that they could possible torment the Asian population in my school, whose parents had to leave everything they know, to immigrate to America, to give their children a good education. And the kids who worked so hard to be the best they could be in everything, academics, music, sports, and arts were ridiculed, for no reason other than "stupid chinks are wasting our tax-money". Not my word the words of one of those demon children.Their conformist, elitist, meaningless, and worthless lives made me sick and give decent people everywhere a bad name. It wasn't even their tax-money. Everyone was either a poser jock, poser preppy, or poser Emo/skater. They were just superficial kids leading bland, bitter lives whose only purpose till they day they die is to make others miserable. But the adults are just as bad, parents giving their kids what ever they want, and any adult with any miniscule amount of authority (like a teacher or a cop) was so controlling and dogmatic, that anyone who even remotely deterred for their (very detailed) outline of how life should be, would be shunned, and punished way more severely than an action demanded, in order to make an example to others to show them how great their "utopia" is. All in effort to make themselves feel better without helping anyone but themselves, or to cover their asses so as to not get sued, of which everyone was in a ready-to-strike position to sue someone for ridiculous amounts of free money. IMO it's not just the kid's faults in all of this, everyone has a part to play. Now I can't leave my house without an adult or go anywhere or do anything alone, even something as simple as going to the store. And if i do i get thousands of judge-mental stares and glances from random people i don't know. Sad part part in this is i would gladly help any of these people without a moments hesitation while everyone else would do nothing. When i helped an elderly man, who had just been sneering openly at me thinking i was like the rest of the trash my age, put his groceries in his car, i felt the utmost satisfaction when he told me what he assumed i was, and said that no one had ever even looked to help him before, i saw the look on his face change from utter distrust to a sincere look of appreciation. Other people at the store also saw what i did and all of their expressions changed too. I don't want this rant to be all bad-mouthing and complaining, that would make me pretty hypocritical, and i don't want you to think this is weak, self-righteous, idealist crap sorry if i give off the wrong idea I'm just trying to help with my two-cents that's all. Anyway people do realize when we do something no one else has the courage to do. Maybe that will help them to do something in kind for someone else. Like this generation's lack of morals spread like a plague, maybe just doing something nice can spread like a free vaccine. People today are just lazy and self-centered and maybe some just need to see that there are still decent kids out there and not all are the de-moralized scum today. I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything I'm still sarcastic with my parents sometimes but i still try to be a decent person who leads a meaningful life by being the best i can be. Hell it'd make it a lot easier for us Traceurs. There would be a lot less dick cops assuming that where just more evil kids trying to vandalize property or trespass and what not. Maybe they'd leave us to go jump of buildings and stuff without any crap, that'd be nice. ::)

P.S. Damn it i wanted just a short little comment but it turned into another huge rant sorry about that peeps. Peace out.

I was going to read that block, but then it crushed me instead. Paragraphs, my friend. :P
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline Jesse Wharton

• will behave
  • Patas
    • View Profile
    • Click here
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2009, 07:50:27 AM »
lol

Offline Mike Patella

• Mangabey
  • Towson, Maryland.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009, 09:41:12 AM »
I read it, was moved, and then became angry at how lonely the enter key was.

It's a good experience to learn about, just break up your post a bit.  It doubles to make your post look bigger, and it's easier on the eyes.

Offline Jesse Wharton

• will behave
  • Patas
    • View Profile
    • Click here
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 09:47:08 AM »
K thanks I just broke it up. And sorry it was 4:30 in the morning when i wrote it a bad time to try to write a deep philosophical coherent post.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:55:02 AM by Jesse Wharton »

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
  • I dont go through walls, I'm above that.
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »
if any of you guys know hunterdon county NJ you know how full of rich snobs it is
i dont have anything personal against the republican party but i do have something against the republican's in my town

1.) they assume just because someone is poor that they dont work very hard and their hard earned tax money is paying for their lives WRONG im not too wealthy myself but i know plenty of extrodianrily hard working people that just cant get a break in life, their answer well why didnt they go to college? maybe because they couldn't afford it???!  duhh. well why don't they go now? colege isn't free asshole do you think if they barely can afford to keep their house they can afford to go to school?

2.) question for you guys, what do you think is harder working a full time minimum wage job with no benifits, or a nice cushy office job with vacation time a retirement fund and health care? before another asshole insists that their parents work harder for their money than mine they better prove that their parents do slave labor

3.) i do agree that welfare is a stupid system because there are always jobs out there you might think its a job below you or its too dirty but its there (to all you people living off of welfare go get a f***ing job) if when i was 14 and had no experience can get a job that started at minimum wage and got it up to 10 bucks an hour in 2 years by doing my job well, an adult can do it. if an illegal immigrant can get a job paying under minimum wage under the table and stay under the radar and get a place to live you can too.

4.)i wouldent mind if it was just the adults think this but these kids think this too even tho half of them don't  work and have no knowledge of the US's tax system.

5.) *note i am neutral im neither a democrat or republican they blame obama for raising taxes on the rich, no he just too away tax BREAKS for the wealthy (yes it is technically raising it)

my suggestion would be a flat tax (a set percentage that everyone has to pay) not some stupid bracket system that politicians can endlessly fight about

6.) the kids parents may have their reasons for thinking poor people are just lazy but the kids in my area acept their parents ideas as fact and exaggerate it further with no knowledge of politics the economy or the real world 

god damn kids are stupid

(if you have a problem with my political views PM me i don't feel like fighting about it on here)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-Confucius
:::====(=''')- (guitar emoticon)

Offline Jesse Wharton

• will behave
  • Patas
    • View Profile
    • Click here
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2009, 11:23:50 AM »
Right on jon fox i live in bergen county in ridgewood specifically and what you said is completely true. All the kids in my school got like 1000 bucks a week allowance for doing nothing, i have had to find a job to get that much and its amazing how they think they're so superior just because they don't have to work to get what they want. And they all laughed at me when i told them i wasn't going to college. They thought that means i wasn't smart enough to go. I got the best grades in all my classes. I'm planning to take some college courses to help me in my job, Which is I.T. I can't believe they have enough ball to tell me I'm not as smart or as good as they are because my parents weren't born high class. Neither of my parents went to college, and we've gone through tough time, but my dad is now vice-president in construction for a bank (kearney federal savings), and my mom is a manager for a company that monitors the c.n.s during surgery. It makes me want to take their stupid college degree and shove it up their a$$es. And yea i went from pushing carts at the store, and  to work at construction sights doing manual labor, (something none of these children have never done in their life) to sitting in an office fixing people computers. F&#@ing guess which one was easier.

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2009, 11:36:40 AM »
it seems that there is a relation between rich snobby families and ungrateful little asshole children now there's nothing wrong with having a secure financial estate if you worked for it but these kids are acting like its their money being put into welfare and the taxes
THEY DON'T EVEN PAY TAXES!!! i guess that would be a few less cents for them to spend on stupid useless crap
-Confucius

Offline Jesse Wharton

• will behave
  • Patas
    • View Profile
    • Click here
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2009, 11:58:38 AM »
Exactly it's amazing isn't it.

Offline swap01

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2009, 11:59:32 AM »
I'm 14 and I find alot of my friends are like on their way to being sex addicts. It's a shame. In my oppinion it's okay to be a little bit rebellious towards somethings. But almost always there is a better way to go about it. I learned that from skipping class. I do agree that it helps build up character and that parents should stop spoiling there kids. I stopped getting my 5 or 10 dollar a week allowance in gr.6. My parents made me work for it. I think that it's helped me. But I think the main problem is parents spoiling their kids and babying them until they're like 20. I know for a fact that my parents aren't going to buy me a car, and that I'm going to have to pay all the insurance and stuff. I think it helps prepare kids for the real world when they're out of High school. People just need to be more respectful and have a attitude of gratitude, it goes along way.

At the same time, it's normal for kids to be a little bit rebelious. and do a bit of disrespectful things every once in a while. But they should get punished, or rather disciplined. and not with a suspension or detention, I got a detention and I was like "Sweet! A full hour and a half of homework time without my little brothers bothering me!" IT was great, and being suspended is dumb, because you just go home, and what kind of discipline is that? Most kids want to go home anyways. What I really dont like that alot of my male peers do is desrespect women by grabbing their boobs, and butt and crotch and pulling their shirt down etc. I think it's terrible. But what can you do except live with it?

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2009, 12:06:53 PM »
my school has in school suspension its like a detention but all day and you have to sit in a chair completely silent
-Confucius

Offline Chris Acuna

• Patas
  • Traceur, Trials biker, and nerd, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • my facebook
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2009, 04:03:05 PM »
Personally I'm 14 and I know that if I am disrespectful, bad thing s will happen. Sure, I will admitedly lose my temper every once in a while and face the consequences, but I went over to a kids house who was 13 at the time, and he cursed off both his mother AND father, 13 YEARS OLD! I see it more and more everyday. It's ridiculous, half the time i end up apologizing for their own son's misbehavior. I can't believe my damn generation
"Parkour...Is a weapon in disguse. We Train, and when one day when we encounter a problem, we know that we are able to use it"
- David Belle

Prodigy Parkour

*APK Roof-Police*

Offline Patrick Yang

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Outrunner
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2009, 03:26:44 AM »
if any of you guys know hunterdon county NJ you know how full of rich snobs it is
i dont have anything personal against the republican party but i do have something against the republican's in my town

1.) they assume just because someone is poor that they dont work very hard and their hard earned tax money is paying for their lives WRONG im not too wealthy myself but i know plenty of extrodianrily hard working people that just cant get a break in life, their answer well why didnt they go to college? maybe because they couldn't afford it???!  duhh. well why don't they go now? colege isn't free asshole do you think if they barely can afford to keep their house they can afford to go to school?

2.) question for you guys, what do you think is harder working a full time minimum wage job with no benifits, or a nice cushy office job with vacation time a retirement fund and health care? before another asshole insists that their parents work harder for their money than mine they better prove that their parents do slave labor

3.) i do agree that welfare is a stupid system because there are always jobs out there you might think its a job below you or its too dirty but its there (to all you people living off of welfare go get a f***ing job) if when i was 14 and had no experience can get a job that started at minimum wage and got it up to 10 bucks an hour in 2 years by doing my job well, an adult can do it. if an illegal immigrant can get a job paying under minimum wage under the table and stay under the radar and get a place to live you can too.

4.)i wouldent mind if it was just the adults think this but these kids think this too even tho half of them don't  work and have no knowledge of the US's tax system.

5.) *note i am neutral im neither a democrat or republican they blame obama for raising taxes on the rich, no he just too away tax BREAKS for the wealthy (yes it is technically raising it)

my suggestion would be a flat tax (a set percentage that everyone has to pay) not some stupid bracket system that politicians can endlessly fight about

6.) the kids parents may have their reasons for thinking poor people are just lazy but the kids in my area acept their parents ideas as fact and exaggerate it further with no knowledge of politics the economy or the real world 

god damn kids are stupid

(if you have a problem with my political views PM me i don't feel like fighting about it on here)

Politics?  In my APK?
Training log.
Train hard, eat smart, and act with honor.

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2009, 05:21:05 AM »
thats why i said PM me i realize that my opinion is rather objectionable and if you wish to debate it further PM me
i do know that politics is a no no on the forums so in the future i will steer clear of it

a non politically influenced version of my rant would be

parents opinions on politics are rubbing off on their kids when their kids have no knowledge to form their own opinions, or confirm the validity of their parents views.

im sorry if i offended any republicans out there but i clearly stated, and i quote
Quote from: Jon Fox
i don't have anything personal against the republican party
Quote from: Jon Fox
*note i am neutral im neither a democrat or republican

none of this was meant to offend any political party and i admit i was in the wrong, it was meant solely to give evidence to support my above statement
-Confucius

Offline Hamish West

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
hi,
well im only thirteen and im hate rap and all the other kids my age are slobs who only care about themselves, i have been raised to be a nice person,
Hmish

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2009, 07:10:45 PM »

god damn kids are stupid

Yah... this thread be gettin locked soon.
I eat a lot of food.

Offline Kenn Andersen

• Mangabey
  • Proud TR89 Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »

god damn kids are stupid

Yah... this thread be gettin locked soon.

Please do.
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Offline Matt Stick

• Hirundo Rustica
  • I hunt wildabeasts with my bear hands.
    • View Profile
    • Training Log
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2009, 07:46:26 PM »
What I really dont like that alot of my male peers do is desrespect women by grabbing their boobs, and butt and crotch and pulling their shirt down etc. I think it's terrible. But what can you do except live with it?

Knock em out?  I dont condone violence, and I'd almost consider myself pacifist, but if I see a guy touch a girl innapropiately in any way(cant say I have yet), I dont think I could just sit around. and if the guy is a lot bigger than me, I'd rather take a beating than to let something like that happen.

hi,
well im only thirteen and im hate rap and all the other kids my age are slobs who only care about themselves, i have been raised to be a nice person,
Hmish
Seriously? And how does rap have anything to do with the subject?
OKPK Tulsa Rep.
I drink lion's milk straight from the lioness. -Jorge Figueroa

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2009, 08:11:49 PM »
I for one listen to all sorts of music, primarily Rock but I for one can say that there are as many Jackasses who listen to rock as there are rap, or any other genre for that matter. Music is totally irrelevant to Behavior.

~David

Offline Kenn Andersen

• Mangabey
  • Proud TR89 Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2009, 08:14:48 PM »
I listen to a lot of rap, the really ghetto stuff too. On top of that I listen to Hardcore and screamo. Let me just reinforce what David and Matt said. Music has nothing to do with behavior.
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Offline Hamish West

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2009, 08:26:16 PM »
Hi,
Why is this getting locked?
Hamish