Author Topic: kids these days...  (Read 26962 times)

ichisato

Re: kids these days...
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »
can SOMEONE HELP!!!
im almost 15, i try to do EVERYTHING i can to respect my parents, most of the times ahaha (every now n then i make a joke n they get mad)
but whenever im just talking to them, i never really say anything rude or disrespectful, but out of nowhere, they start yelling at me! calling me an asshole and cursing like crazy, usually i end up crying in my room ( i know, wimpy lol!!) but its only because i end up so confused n hurt...

can someone help me understand why? i mean its only my mom, and stepdad. My father NEVER reacts like this. I mean, whenever they ask me to do something, i do it, and then make up a fact that I'm doing it with an attitude, i just do it, i never sigh, maybe a "whoo" type of breathe every now n then but never in a disrespectful way :/!

Offline Mike Patella

• Mangabey
  • Towson, Maryland.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 09:54:45 PM »
can SOMEONE HELP!!!
im almost 15, i try to do EVERYTHING i can to respect my parents, most of the times ahaha (every now n then i make a joke n they get mad)
but whenever im just talking to them, i never really say anything rude or disrespectful, but out of nowhere, they start yelling at me! calling me an asshole and cursing like crazy, usually i end up crying in my room ( i know, wimpy lol!!) but its only because i end up so confused n hurt...

can someone help me understand why? i mean its only my mom, and stepdad. My father NEVER reacts like this. I mean, whenever they ask me to do something, i do it, and then make up a fact that I'm doing it with an attitude, i just do it, i never sigh, maybe a "whoo" type of breathe every now n then but never in a disrespectful way :/!
I believe that you will get better and more complete advice from this site.  Down downplay its merit because of the name, I give TeenHelp my full endorsement.  It seems to me that the issue you've posted is far beyond the scope of the APK boards.

http://forums.teenhelp.org/mainsite.php

Good luck my friend.

ichisato

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 11:07:20 PM »
can SOMEONE HELP!!!

I believe that you will get better and more complete advice from this site.  Down downplay its merit because of the name, I give TeenHelp my full endorsement.  It seems to me that the issue you've posted is far beyond the scope of the APK boards.

http://forums.teenhelp.org/mainsite.php

Good luck my friend.

ahaha thanks, wasnt payin attention postin my feelings on a pk forum

Offline tsever02

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »
Dude, I hear ya.  I'm gonna be 16 in a few months, but I could probably be a better parent with my knowledge so far, than most parents. 

I mean, even if it's okay with the parents, it's not good for society.

I attribute it to, either A) Laziness B) Excuses (A.D.D. comes to mind) or C) The kids are just bad.

I don't want to step on anyones toes here, but even without the help of my parents, I've been able to view the world, and I've decided how I need to act.  I've decided who I am.  People my age are old enough to realize that.  And when I see kids act like that, all I can think is "grow up".  Idk, maybe I'm just more insightful, but people really should grow up and take responsibility.  Both the parents, and the kids....
We've abandoned this vessal, and left our captain for dead

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
  • I dont go through walls, I'm above that.
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 11:50:35 AM »
instead of world peace people should wish for common sense then you would get both
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-Confucius
:::====(=''')- (guitar emoticon)

Offline Kenn Andersen

• Mangabey
  • Proud TR89 Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 11:58:36 AM »
instead of world peace people should wish for common sense then you would get both

Not necessarily. What is common sense for one person, may not be common sense for someone else.
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 11:59:26 AM »
I hear you. I'm only 16, but I'm appalled at the behavior of other kids my age.

Same, but I'm 17.

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »

Not necessarily. What is common sense for one person, may not be common sense for someone else.
see your point

in any case common sense has become so rare it should become a sixth sense
-Confucius

Offline Brandan Mendenhall

• Hirundo Rustica
  • [est. 1988]
    • View Profile
    • Arizona Parkour
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 02:09:26 PM »

I dunno, common sense is just a judgment free of personalized bias, opinion, individual training, etc. They call it common sense because it pretty much applies to everyone  :P
Your obstacle is my shortcut.

Offline Kenn Andersen

• Mangabey
  • Proud TR89 Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 02:12:25 PM »

I dunno, common sense is just a judgment free of personalized bias, opinion, individual training, etc. They call it common sense because it pretty much applies to everyone  :P

I think it varies from culture to culture what is accepted as common.
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Dekudude

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 02:29:37 PM »
You guys make a very good point about parenting. Though I, like Tsever said a lot of people should, have become my own person, a lot of children mimic their parents in every way they can. (my siblings included. -_-) It is definitely a problem, especially when the parents have no idea what they're doing. A lot of people think they deserve compensation for a late airplane flight, or a free meal when one isn't as good as usual. This mindset is usually rubbed off by the parents, in my opinion.

There's nothing wrong with respecting one's parents, but I think that phrase has become too common, and people are starting to think it means BE your parents.

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 02:37:11 PM »
i think thats also why everyone sues for everything and anything these days not because they want justice they just want compensation.

like the lady that went to mcdonalds that burned herself on the coffee and got millions because the cup didn't say "warning coffee is hot"
if people actually appreciated what they had and didn't expect special treatment 24/7 the world would be a better place
-Confucius

Dekudude

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 02:41:08 PM »
Definitely. I wonder what the poor children in Africa's personalities are like. Do you think they're any better than America?

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 02:44:07 PM »
i would assume so they are probably appreciative to have a meal a day
a lot of other countries look down on america because we don't appreciate our posesions
if it breaks we don't fix it we buy a new one
-Confucius

Offline tsever02

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 05:46:49 PM »
Yeah, people are seriously lazy.  I mean, something that I'm always pushing on my friends and others, is to think for yourself.  I usually have a big problem with conformism, but a lot of the time, it's just what's "cool" at the moment, and people don't have to think about what they should be.  I mean, look at trends, there are a lot that are retarded, but it's just easy to go with it, because "everyone's doing it".  Now, I'm not saying go become Goth.  But you know.  Think for yourself.  And if you do this, it's going to help you a lot.  With parenting, politics, style, and pretty much life in general. 

These kids, are in the wrong for being jerks, and really, they should have realized they were being fags.  But it's also kind of the dad's fault, for not laying down the law.  There's gotta be discipline on both sides.  Not just on the child's.
We've abandoned this vessal, and left our captain for dead

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »
* Jon Fox facepalms at the sad state of the world we live in
-Confucius

Offline EpicMovement

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »
I'm a lifeguard. So as far as disrespectful kids go, I just sit them out and watch them cry. All while laughing on the inside.   :D

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 06:35:05 PM »
ahh sweet justice, splash you in the face one moment face-planting on the pool deck because there too stupid to follow the no running rule the next.
i would suppose that would just make more problems for you to deal with tho so make sure they aren't running
(I'm BSA lifeguard certified btw)
-Confucius

Offline EpicMovement

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 09:20:37 PM »
ahh sweet justice, splash you in the face one moment face-planting on the pool deck because there too stupid to follow the no running rule the next.
i would suppose that would just make more problems for you to deal with tho so make sure they aren't running
(I'm BSA lifeguard certified btw)

At least a bloody faceplant gets me off the guardstand for a few minutes.  ;D
Plus you can use a cool one liner like, "You taste that?" "Blood?" "No... Justice."   :-Sarcasm

Offline Jesse Wharton

• will behave
  • Patas
    • View Profile
    • Click here
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 11:44:20 PM »
                I'm 15, my whole life i have had parents who grew up in very strict households. So that same philosophy applies to our family too. I have spent my entire life being as chivalrous, appreciative, hard working, kind, and just as i can. It has definitely helped my life in more ways than immaginable. In the middle of freshman year in H.S. last year i started homeschooling. Now I have two jobs, am almost done with high school, learning to become a traceur and working out everyday, and i still have time to do everything i want and more. I have had to work my ass off for all of that.

Moving to a rich new jersey "village" (which my parents had to work for) i saw everyday what bad parenting does to children. The kids in my school were the most racist, ignorant, unintelligent, ungrateful, single-minded, snobbish, and dis-respectful people i have ever met in my entire life. Not one of them even remotely knew what it was like to live outside of their dull, sheltered lives. And yet they still bitched everyday about the most meaningless things immaginable. And it astounded me that they could possible torment the Asian population in my school, whose parents had to leave everything they know, to immigrate to America, to give their children a good education. And the kids who worked so hard to be the best they could be in everything, academics, music, sports, and arts were ridiculed, for no reason other than "stupid chinks are wasting our tax-money". Not my word the words of one of those demon children.Their conformist, elitist, meaningless, and worthless lives made me sick and give decent people everywhere a bad name. It wasn't even their tax-money. Everyone was either a poser jock, poser preppy, or poser Emo/skater. They were just superficial kids leading bland, bitter lives whose only purpose till they day they die is to make others miserable.

But the adults are just as bad, parents giving their kids what ever they want, and any adult with any miniscule amount of authority (like a teacher or a cop) was so controlling and dogmatic, that anyone who even remotely deterred for their (very detailed) outline of how life should be, would be shunned, and punished way more severely than an action demanded, in order to make an example to others to show them how great their "utopia" is. All in effort to make themselves feel better without helping anyone but themselves, or to cover their asses so as to not get sued, of which everyone was in a ready-to-strike position to sue someone for ridiculous amounts of free money. IMO it's not just the kid's faults in all of this, everyone has a part to play.

Now I can't leave my house without an adult or go anywhere or do anything alone, even something as simple as going to the store. And if i do i get thousands of judge-mental stares and glances from random people i don't know. Sad part part in this is i would gladly help any of these people without a moments hesitation while everyone else would do nothing. When i helped an elderly man, who had just been sneering openly at me thinking i was like the rest of the trash my age, put his groceries in his car, i felt the utmost satisfaction when he told me what he assumed i was, and said that no one had ever even looked to help him before, i saw the look on his face change from utter distrust to a sincere look of appreciation. Other people at the store also saw what i did and all of their expressions changed too. I don't want this rant to be all bad-mouthing and complaining, that would make me pretty hypocritical, and i don't want you to think this is weak, self-righteous, idealist crap sorry if i give off the wrong idea I'm just trying to help with my two-cents that's all.

Anyway people do realize when we do something no one else has the courage to do. Maybe that will help them to do something in kind for someone else. Like this generation's lack of morals spread like a plague, maybe just doing something nice can spread like a free vaccine. People today are just lazy and self-centered and maybe some just need to see that there are still decent kids out there and not all are the de-moralized scum today. I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything I'm still sarcastic with my parents sometimes but i still try to be a decent person who leads a meaningful life by being the best i can be. Hell it'd make it a lot easier for us Traceurs. There would be a lot less dick cops assuming that where just more evil kids trying to vandalize property or trespass and what not. Maybe they'd leave us to go jump of buildings and stuff without any crap, that'd be nice. ::)

P.S. Damn it i wanted just a short little comment but it turned into another huge rant sorry about that peeps. Peace out.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:49:49 AM by Jesse Wharton »