Author Topic: Seb stuff  (Read 2605 times)

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
Seb stuff
« on: July 10, 2006, 08:23:38 AM »
Ok, this is a little late but hey, better late then never right?

BE warned, this is what i got from jamming with seb, and all of it is how i saw it, so dont g refereing to this and say "wellseb said this". You should say, some scrawny kid from brooklyn said seb said this :P

I dont know how to get the pictures here, and owais has been busy so if ou want those go to NYPK.
http://www.nyparkour.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well after I went to Seb's hotel to pick them up (there was no need apparently NYPK doesn’t trust the fact that Seb, Frosti, and Skynative can't get into a cab and say "Columbus circle", but it was still awesome to do it) we arrived at central park. Everyone stayed around and said there hello's. People got re acquainted. Seb did an interview then we were off to the rocks near heckshire. Seb took it easy on account of the possible broken wrist. Skynative also had something wrong with his ankle so he rested, but Frosti was on point. We did some wall runs, and speed vaults, and basically just got used to jamming with each other.

We then walked (this would be a common thread for this jam) around central park and we all got to talk to Seb (in non mob fashion too!) he stressed the importance of the natural method, and also stressed the importance of landing correctly. He advised that you should be prepared for anything but there is no reason to take too many drops on concrete. Se then said that before you train anything you must first find your flaws, and train them. He looked for the first person he could see to point out their flaws. He found metea and proceeded to call him fat. He didn't mean it like that, but it was hilarious.

Exo and the group walked faster then Seb, Frosti, me, Jesse, and Joe, so we got a quick one on one with Seb. Apparently he loved track and field when he was a kid, and he was a sprinter. Also he (for the first but not the last time) expressed his love for central park. We stopped walk for a little while (still the large portion of the group ahead of us) and Seb did a percison literally form two of the narrowest poles I have ever seen, he stuck it as well. The man has core strength like no bodies business. I asked him if I had any flaws (think back to the metea thing) and he said he had to see me move. Seb then sees this tree and tells me to climb it (which I failed at, I need more core strength) Seb owns the tree with the parks department right on the other side of it. It was pretty great. Everyone took some time to climb the tree, and the group started moving again, Seb (for the first but not the last time) expressed is hatred of walking by all these beautiful trees. He then said how much he loved central park again.

Seb started reminiscing about when he was a kid training with the yamamkasi how all day he used to just climb trees, he thought of the times where sometimes he wouldn't go home until he got something. And by the tone of his voice you could tell he wasn’t just saying that.

We got to where we were going and it turned out they were filming a Disney movie there. So we started to walk some more. We saw the John Lenon memorial in central park. The group kept moving and Seb and a few others stayed behind (this would become a common thread too) M2 took some pictures of him ( its then that I realized that Seb could fight a bear, and if he posed for pictures afterward they would be the most majestic, beautiful pictures I had ever seen. I told Seb about how they use the Book catcher in the rye to profile serial killers, he didn’t know what Catcher in the rye was (which makes sense seeing how he was never a freshmen in ANY American high school lol) but he seemed interested.

We then got to the train, we were going to go to riverside, but we decided to stay in the park. We came to this Sweet spot for tic tacs (see Diabetes videos) which Frosti, and a few others owned. It was weird this was the spot that a trained at before I found about NYparkour, small world. Seb started talking about his little girl, and then just philosophy, he is a big fan of the Zen saying "keep an empty cup" that is a saying I also really like. It was now that I realized how awesome of a guy Seb was. He never meet the vast majority of us, and yet he was willing to train with us, talk with us, pose or picture with us, and most importantly listen to us, to anybody as a matter of fact, He was always interested in what was going on if he saw something that interested him he investigated it. You could tell how he was a very passionate man, in anything he does.

We then walked more (see it’s coming up again) Seb expressed he distaste for walking (he's actually a pretty silly guy) we posed for some pictures, and he apologized about his website, jokingly of course. He then talked to me about how much he loved central park again. And all of its possibilities. This is what inspired Me, Jesse antelope Joe, and a few others to do all the nature exploring we did after the jam. This on a side note was awesome. It was getting late, and Seb had to go for an MRI for his wrist so he left. Not after doing a little cheer with us though (again see diabetes videos)

All in all it was amazing. Skynative is a really cool guy, I look forward to seeing him when I am 2 and a half years in (inside joke...omg I have an inside joke with Skynative!!!) Frosti is really good, physically he did some crazy things, plus he did justice to the good bye video. All the people I met there were awesome, and although may not remember any of us, we will remember him. His parting words “don’t get caught up in internet bullshit, its stupid”… well said Seb, well said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfQTvJtD8go

There plent of stuff i want to add, but for now i will leave it like this.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:38:12 PM by The Manilla Gorilla »

Offline Travis Graves

• Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Primal Fitness
Re: Seb stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 10:20:29 AM »
"Don't talk bullshit on the internet." Good lesson.
Don't step to me with your stats and your date smarts

You know your neighborhood by street signs or landmarks?

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 10:34:48 AM »
Is he like on tour or something? Cause if he is tell him to stop by San Antonio.
Parkour isn't a sport, it's a way of life...

psycosis12

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 11:35:56 AM »
Like they have his cell phone number and is going to say, hey seb a member of APK wants you to stop by san antonio, thanks man.

Offline SkyNative

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 07:38:22 PM »
Actually we have a set tour schedule, go here to see where we'll be and when. But don't expect a jam with Seb in every city. (Besides we're heading overseas soon)
http://confessionstour.com/site/onstage.html

But, more pertinent is the other gallery of Pics from this jam here on the APK photo gallery:
http://www.americanparkour.com/gallery2/v/jams/sebny6-30/

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 08:27:28 AM »
Not in texas one freakin time. I hope that in the future he just does like a mega tour that would be sweet.

Offline Unique

• Mangabey
  • D'Ondrai Jones
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 08:33:43 AM »
Can I get a downloadable version to that video?
- “Don't wait for life to beat you. Move life to your own beat.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXiSaVGnLI

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 08:38:35 AM »
The short chear one why.

Offline Johnny Boy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • DCPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 10:51:39 AM »
Omg I stood on the same rail that Sebastion Foucan stood on half a month later. AHH

about the video: good message and all but the best part of all;
                        (Beginning of vid) Hi everybody- "GUYS SHUT UP AND LISTEN"
life is too short, so love the one you got
-Sublime

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »
yea lol. He sounded pissed too.