Author Topic: Warmup - Pullups Substitute?  (Read 8109 times)

Offline Yow

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Warmup - Pullups Substitute?
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 04:24:59 PM »
excuse my lack of knowlage here - wtf is a pulldown?
When you hang from a ledge or pipe and then bring your body up and down I think. Isn't a pulldown another name for a pull up?

No, pulldowns are on a machine in the gym where you sit down and pull the bar down to you.

Don't use them. Do pullups or pullups on ledges (like you're referring to).
Why not? Used to do them when I went to the gym but I stopped going so I've been doing push-ups and pull ups hanging from the edge of the roof(practice a wall climb but instead of climbing up I stay there doing pull ups). I just ask out of curiosity

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
excuse my lack of knowlage here - wtf is a pulldown?
When you hang from a ledge or pipe and then bring your body up and down I think. Isn't a pulldown another name for a pull up?

No, pulldowns are on a machine in the gym where you sit down and pull the bar down to you.

Don't use them. Do pullups or pullups on ledges (like you're referring to).
Why not? Used to do them when I went to the gym but I stopped going so I've been doing push-ups and pull ups hanging from the edge of the roof(practice a wall climb but instead of climbing up I stay there doing pull ups). I just ask out of curiosity

They're inferior to pullups for gaining strength and body awareness
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Yow

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 05:20:48 PM »
Hmm now that you mention it, I understand why. At least with pull-ups you can improve muscle up techniques and allow you to coordinate movements when climbing up.

Thanks for the heads up