Author Topic: What shoes should I wear for Parkour?  (Read 158600 times)

Offline Blarg

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My 'Space
Re: What shoes should I wear for Parkour?
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2007, 06:28:58 PM »
I have an idea for this thread:
Everyone should post pics/specs/reviews of the shoes that they wear to PK/FR.
AIM me if you're near Chester, VA n wanna train...
Me: http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/the_blarg_ninja/100_2701.jpg
Now stop asking.

Offline ghoshieguy320

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2007, 10:00:14 AM »
Anybody know anything about the Nike Air Max Assail III?

http://www.davesproshop.com/index.html/page/shop-product/mfrnum/312899-441

i just picked up a pair but i'd like to know if anybody has used them/what you guys think before i keep em, they seem pretty decent, the rubber on the sole seems a bit too hard, but that will change i'm sure as i wear them in. thanks in advance guys for any wise words

Offline guillerok

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2007, 03:00:38 PM »
uh, i barely started parkour, and im doing all the basics also
i can do everything in the warmup except the pullups,
well im practicing them with converse all stars shoes
but i dont know if this is an OK shoe, i just bought
them and itll be along time since i get a new pair.
what do you suggest?

Offline like_a_child

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2007, 12:57:32 PM »
Post questions and suggestions about shoes here. Everybody has a different opinion, but some important points:
1.) The shoe should be hella' durable. We obviously abuse our shoes a lot, so they have to be designed to take a bit of punishment.

About what shoes to "wear for Parkour"; since my regular shoes recently wore out (and I haven't been using different shoes to train), I've been looking for a pair to replace them. It seemed like a good opportunity to make sure they were good for Parkour, too. But it's important to not think about these shoes as "for Parkour" in the sense that we wear one pair regularly (for the long term, to not wear out) and our PK shoes when we know in advance that we're going to train. I can see where certain differences might allow for this separation (if they both had good grip, etcetera, and if whenever you needed to use Parkour in your regular shoes there would be plenty of time to replace them), but mentally we should be ready at all times, not letting our shoes tell us when it is possible to use Parkour and when not.
I give you this:
I will never view my fellow traceurs as a springboard.

Offline like_a_child

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »
Heh. I just bought these: http://www.evolvesports.com/PSYCHE.htm. You can't beat $19 shoes with climbing rubber, especially since I'm just starting out. Evolv is a really good climbing shoe manufacturer, too, quite reputable.

arrrgh they just called me and told me that they're out.  :-[ poopy.

They called you? I just got an E-mail . . . 9 days after they sent me my receipt . . . with another receipt, this time for my refund :(
I give you this:
I will never view my fellow traceurs as a springboard.

Offline MoorTheLight

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2007, 01:39:50 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knows of a shoe store or franchise chain that sells La sportiva 522 Fireblade.  Any help would be sweet.  thanks.

Offline Daniel0524

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »
K-Swiss Just announced a line of shoes specifically for parkour. they are available for 100 dollars and 80 dollars, but the 100 dollar ones have better grip and cushion soles for jumps, and are by far worth the 20 bucks extra.

Offline PillsDoughboy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2007, 12:01:48 PM »
What do you guys think about Nike Shox RNG Remix or just regular Shox?

Offline PillsDoughboy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »
Another question, is this one of those things where get whatever is best for you or is there a good shoe that would be good for everyone?

Offline fr33runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2007, 11:12:58 PM »
A word of advice for anyone who does parkour...STAY AWAY FROM K-SWISS SPORT SHOES!!! No grip whatsoever although they have now developed better shoes I think the best for parkour so far would be asics, Nike, and some of those. I currently have a set of Nike that costed about $60 and I love them. They are great for wallruns and tic-taks and they are very durable while staying light! Deffinently recommended...I will get back to you guys on the exact model but I bought them at Kohls.
-Fr33Runner

Offline Dr_Mike

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2007, 04:03:39 PM »
Have you actually worn the shoes?  Everyone who has a pair raves about their grip. 
If you want to read some feedback on people who have tried the Ariake, go read http://www.americanparkour.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,159/topic,5097.0/ several of the admins really like them.

Offline Dakota Groves

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2007, 09:43:38 AM »
I Suggest K-SWISS ARIAKE Parkour shoes. I recently bought a pair of the site and love them. They are super light, durrable, grippy, and look so damn cool. I have only had them for a week and I am planning on buying a second pair in a different color for work (So I can PK on lunchbreak).
They are $100 and well worth the money!

Offline jacksrequiem

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2008, 07:37:59 PM »
Someone recommended 5.10 shoes to me http://www.fiveten.com/
Does anyone else think they're good shoes?

Offline Anthony >Aladdin< Trnka

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Error417
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2008, 12:23:35 AM »
I have the free runners and i would say go with the ariake's. The free runner's grip is better but only on anything with enough of a gritty texture. They absolutly suck on any thing slick such as marble, unpainted metal, etc... Were as the ariake has more of overall grip. This combind with the fact that if you use your' 5.10s as much as i do expect about three months worth of use out of them.
Aladdin

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
  • "Parkour is a discipline, not a game" -TK-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2008, 03:05:26 AM »
Lol. And I almost bought the freerunners >.> Thanks Aladdin!
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. " -Michael Jackson

"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing." -Salvador Dali

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

Offline Matt Carter

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2008, 03:22:26 AM »
so far i have used two pairs of asics gels, a pair of nike air run dual-d's, some wal-mart brand, and skate shoes.

the asics have been pretty much perfect. good support, good grip, durable, light, everything you look for in a shoe.

the pair of nike's that i had started falling apart within the first month or two. everything just about was as good as the asics that i had, except the durability was crap. i have heard from others that nike crosstrainers don't really hold up well in the parkour world.

the wal-mart shoes were all around crap.

the skate shoes offered good cushioning, as well as good grip on flat surfaces. however, there is no ankle support at all as your feet need to rotate when doing flip tricks on a skateboard. also, on uneven surfaces, the skate shoes are pretty much worthless. durability is pretty good, on them (they are built to be raked across essentially sand paper)

so all around, i'd have to say get a pair of asics gels. but wait until you have been training for at least a few months, otherwise you won't know what to look for.

here is a link to the shoes that i am currently using. they are holding up beautifully (i got them cheaper at dick's sporting goods):

At stonebriar mall?

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2008, 03:34:31 AM »
Those look pretty awesome but I believe I am going with the Ariakes. They definitely seem to be the perfect shoe.lol.
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. " -Michael Jackson

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

Offline DJ FroZone

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2008, 06:50:17 PM »
i heard a little about sacouny cohesion, and the ariakes. but are there any shoes that have HIGH ankle support like basketball shoes, i normally wear jordans cause its all i got and they support my ankles (lots of surgery). any reccomended shoes that are a high top fashion???

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2008, 07:13:56 PM »
Lol, trying to look good while doing parkour. I don't think it is about the fashion or cost of your shoe. Just that it is the shoe that gets the job done. Don't worry about price and if everyone has or knows of that pair of shoe... Find what works for you.

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

Jaycee123

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2008, 03:03:34 PM »
If I had to suggest some really durable parkour shoes I would recommend the f-lite 320pk by inov8!