Author Topic: Random question...  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Jaxcolon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Beware the colon...
    • View Profile
Random question...
« on: June 21, 2006, 08:39:17 PM »
Has anyone ever had a real life situation where "parkour" (for lack of a better word) was necessary? and i dont mean, for example... "there was this wall, so i jumped it because it was quicker to get to my house so i didnt get grounded for being late." or something similar... i mean it was NECESSARY, as if you hadn't had done it you or someone, or a pet or anything, would have been in a real bad way. ive never been in a situation like that my whole life, i was just currious if anyone here has.

psycosis12

Offline Jaxcolon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Beware the colon...
    • View Profile
Re: Random question...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 07:43:46 AM »
wow.... i missed that one. sorry guys.  :-[

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 10:24:43 AM »
How could you possibly miss that??!! It's in socialize, and the title says it all ;)

Seriously people, if you put a title on your post that says what's in the post, then people who want to know about that subject or conversation can read it!!
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Myrrh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 04:17:42 PM »
I totally have a reply to this one.

My parents bought an old house when I was fifteen.  The upstairs floor squeaks horribly.  My mom is a light sleeper and vicious if we wake her up at night. 

I love staying up late, but I've incured the wrath of mom many times. The staircase is like a box that turns as you climb. After awhile I discovered climbing the staircase from outside the rail and stepping across the space to the rail near my door so I didn't have to go all the way around on the floor.  I didn't have to touch the main floor at all.  My foot went straight to the carpet in my room when I finally crossed over the rail.

I learned this before I discovered Parkour.  I survived this way until I moved out. 
Throw in sand from no man's land and I'll show you more of my cards.

psycosis12

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 06:23:38 AM »
read last post made by me dingleberry, then click the link because it's there for a reason.......pwned!

Offline Myrrh

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 07:23:10 PM »
What is with being so harsh?  I published in this thread because Parkour and Free running is five topics above Socialize.  I read from top to bottom.  I'm really sorry I was too busy responding to an interesting topic that I missed that link, but it didn't take me long to notice. Hey, people make mistakes and they don't read every word published in a thread.   

Come on, doe it really matter if the topic is redundant?  Just don't respond to it.  It's kind to let the poster know that it is redundant, but drop it.

"wow.... i missed that one. sorry guys." 

Oops, that doesn't matter because you can't really apologize anymore.  Let's slam the person even more with an irrelevant tantrum! ==>>  "Seriously people, if you put a title on your post that says what's in the post, then people who want to know about that subject or conversation can read it!!"

This is a sport!!!  It's not about verbal assault.  I promise you're not in enough shape for a Parkour run if you feel the need to respond like this no matter how annoying the thread is. 

(The parkour.com recommended daily workout works you enough to flood your system with endorphins that make you very peaceful and focused.  Get angry in this sport and you will land bad from a jump and smash your face into the pavement.)

And Dingleberry was not necessary.
Throw in sand from no man's land and I'll show you more of my cards.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 07:42:01 PM »
Don't worry Myrrh. psycosis is known for his immature, brash, and unhelpful posts.