Author Topic: Another Vid  (Read 7345 times)

Offline Speeditup

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • New England Parkour
Re: Another Vid
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 06:58:20 AM »
Directed at Speeditup-
Oh...my gosh.  Demon.  I am going to take your advise and go easy.  But Seriously...I had been practicing the philosophy for about 1 month and realized that flips are not parkour.  I didnt even do that much reading and training at the beginning...THERE IS ONLY ONE FORM OF PARKOUR!!!!  What they were doing in the video was REALLY bad Free Running.

Rest of Crew-
Mostly everthing has been said to you guys already about the video but seriously...If you keep hyperflexing your knees (bending past 90*) your knees are going to explode.  PLEASE practice that in your next training session.  You guys, Seriously have a lot of potential!!!  Just please practice safty first off PLEASE.  With you guys if you all went to an open gym or something you would all your back tucks 20$ and 1 hour later.  I hope that you guys atleast know that Flips are not parkour.  But of course you have to know that already.

Oh and Air 21 Crew.  There is NOTHING wrong with doing flips.  You learn and grow on those SERIOUSLY!  Just dont call it parkour.  And the person who hosted it never called it parkour so you guys are in the RED!! :)

^Aat the top part, yea i know, and im working on the 90 degree angle rule, question though, does that apply to rolls also? And for lower surfaces back tucks are needed but for something a little high the back tuck overotates that body. "I hope that you guys atleast know that Flips are not parkour.  But of course you have to know that already." - Ive known it basically since day 1

Subliminal

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 07:37:53 AM »
ok fine since bell said it i guess its not totaly parkour but what the hell there as cool as anything. seeing someone do a backfilp from ledge to ledge is auesome and doing it is cooler. O yea deamon im taking all ur advice and saw one of ur vids and holy crap ur good.

~Jon~

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 09:49:58 AM »
yes it still applies on rolls. watch david belle do rolls and you will see that he barely bends his knees at all.

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 10:51:07 AM »
Yeah. My rolls are done extremly well and when I do landings I don't bend my knees much so I easily spring into a roll. Then the regular landing, until a couple weeks ago I stopped bending my knees I knew not to but for some reason I kept doing it but not as much as I used to.
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Speeditup

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • New England Parkour
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 12:23:32 PM »
Alright, thnx for the help

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 08:46:39 PM »
do flips they are extremely fun and it is fun to improve upon them.  Just make sure you don't call it parkour for two reasons.
1)I don't think that it will give the media the right idea or anybody for that matter
2)Everybody on the site will rag on you like there is not tommorow

Offline Speeditup

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • New England Parkour
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2006, 04:22:05 AM »
do flips they are extremely fun and it is fun to improve upon them.  Just make sure you don't call it parkour for two reasons.
1)I don't think that it will give the media the right idea or anybody for that matter
2)Everybody on the site will rag on you like there is not tommorow

I caught on to number 2 real fast, lol

Offline pointman323

• Patas
  • yarrgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2006, 04:55:51 AM »
hey guys, did you hear about flips? apparently they're not parkour!
"Its not that we're the best, its that everybody else sucks"

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2006, 06:23:59 AM »
They're not? OMG. Oh well doesn't bother me I can't and don't try to do flips.
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2006, 10:07:46 AM »
about what demon said about you almost snapping your knees off at 1:07 is true. What you shouldnt do is let your body get all the way down like that as demon said it stresses the knees. Use your leg muscles to slow you down when you hit so you just don't crumple.
Parkour isn't a sport, it's a way of life...

Kipup

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2006, 08:38:50 PM »
I haven't been checking the forums lately and thought I'd just take a look at the new videos...

Parkour is NOT whatever you want it to be. You can do whatever you want to do - but that does not make it Parkour.

Please take a look at the www.americanparkour.com home page and read up.
I reccomend the "What Parkour is link": http://americanparkour.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=221&Itemid=237
And the "What Parkour is not" link: http://americanparkour.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=223&Itemid=237

These are not APK's opinions. They pretty much agree with the one man who's opinion actually matters - the founder of PK (David Belle).

Demon, your are a good man.

Offline FrostBite795

• Guenons
  • The Balancing Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2006, 09:11:19 PM »
Go easy on him guys, they don't come much more ignorant than this. ::)

+1 Applause for Demon.

Everything parkour/freerunning/tricking/health-related has been said, so I'll take a different route.

While I also suggest that you take a good long break from the camerawork, I'll make a few pointers for you video.  From a purely cinematic perspective, the over-a-minute-long introduction was entirely unnecessary and a waste of time.  Put filler material like that at the end.  From a musical perspective, be more creative in your selection.  A parkour video is still a parkour video even without the seemingly obligatory French rap song in the background.

Speeditup, I respect the fact that you listened to what everyone else had to say; after all, we're all here to help each other.  Subliminal, however, please show a little more respect toward the other traceurs on APK.  They've probably been doing parkour for a lot longer than you and clearly know lot more about the basic principles and philosophies.  APK is host to a number of world-class traceurs, including Demon.  Please treat them, and everyone else on the site, with just a little more respect.  We know what we're talking about.
Some laws are made to be broken.  Like gravity.

Offline Speeditup

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • New England Parkour
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2006, 12:51:30 PM »
why are you trying to be a smart ass? Apparently theres no need for it! Because if you read the other posts we already know that they arent parkour!

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2006, 12:58:14 PM »
speeditup he still has a right to say it even if it has been said 10 times.

Offline Speeditup

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • New England Parkour
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2006, 02:45:03 PM »
Yea but theres no point in saying it again if the person has understood it and its been said

Offline pointman323

• Patas
  • yarrgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2006, 03:50:08 PM »
why are you trying to be a smart ass? Apparently theres no need for it! Because if you read the other posts we already know that they arent parkour!

i was trying to lighten the mood after your disrespect for more experienced traceurs put a downer on this thread

and remember, practice makes perfect!  ;)

Offline Speeditup

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • New England Parkour
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »
Hey dude, i took everyones advice into consideration and didnt take any mood upon this thread except a helpful one for myself, so dont say that i disrespected other people

Offline pointman323

• Patas
  • yarrgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2006, 04:07:16 AM »
i felt a tad disrespected  :-\

BOYS WILL BE BOYS! or something that settles this matter....

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2006, 06:54:35 AM »
Also speeditup why dont you post in anyother topics or threads? You could learn some philosophy or state what you believe so far in your training.