Author Topic: trainning in a house  (Read 1991 times)

Offline landan hoffman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
trainning in a house
« on: July 03, 2006, 09:58:41 PM »
any ideas on what to do inside a house like a common family home kinda house?

Offline Kiba

• Guenons
  • A jack of all trades, a master of none.
    • View Profile
Re: trainning in a house
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 10:00:29 PM »
Vault the couch and wall run to cat hang on the garage. XD
Nyah...

Offline houston

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 05:02:02 PM »
why do you want to pakour in the house ?
but it is always funnto kong the kitchen table.

Offline Argon

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 03:35:09 PM »
Handstands and basic calithetics are always possible, but I think you need to get outside and cut your teeth on some real brick and concrete if you want to seriously improve. That said, handstands are great for developing good prioperception, which is crucial in Parkour. Start out just leaning aginst the wall. You'll probobly have to kick up with far more strength than you think the first few times. Just hold it for as long as you can. Make sure to shrug your shoulders "up", tense your core and legs, and try to keep everything nice and straight. Oh, and keep your hands shoulder-width aparta and spread out your fingers.

Once you're compfortable with that, try finding some space in the family room (or what-have-you) and start doing free-standing handstands. You may want to practice how to bail out of a handstand first. You'll either simply "walk" down by moving one foot, and then the other slowly down underneath of you, or you'll have to roll out of it. I reccomend walking down, as its slower and safer, and with practice, you can "pirouette" and walk down at any angle.

That's about the only thing I can think of that would really count as training for parkour indoors that also wouldn't mess up the house! Good luck!
My promise for the month: three sets of handstand pushups (upto 5 reps now...)

I keep having these dreams that I'm falling.
The strange thing is, when I wake up,
They keep coming true.

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 09:04:34 PM »
Parkour in the house is usually not parkour but just traing of some sort becuase there is usually no flow involed because of space restrictions etc. To me it is completely boring and defetes the purpose. You would be much better off going outside unless you have a huge house with lots of space and maybe stairs and a balcony. Have fun doing what you want. K  ;D
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline Canavi

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 06:37:40 PM »
Most you can do is physical training. Balance on tennis balls, push ups, sit ups, ect...
North Carolina Parkour/Free running
www.ncparkour.com