Author Topic: Wall run: Tic Tac  (Read 10301 times)

Offline Jereme Sanders

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
Wall run: Tic Tac
« on: November 18, 2005, 02:07:51 PM »
Wall run:Passe Muraille(this is a term for anything involving the overcoming of a wall) - This is a movement that is useful for reaching places higher than possible with a jump.
To do this movement to reach a higher area you run straight for the wall and jump at a 45 degree angle towards the wall when about 3-2 feet away from the wall, place foot on wall ,push straight up with the foot that is on the wall and repeat for each last to instructions to achieve multiple steps.
Tic Tac- To do this movement you must run towards a wall at about a 45 degree angle and when about 2-3 feet away from wall, place either foot on wall(whichever is most comfortable) ,push up and forward to propel oneself, and repeat the last to instructions for multiple steps.

Notes- Thanks to gear for clearing the whole tic-tac wall run difference. Three steps is good so don't be discouraged if that is all you can get. Shoes and wall surface texture can effect the usefulness of this technique. Don't give up . Not sure if this if the french name is passe muraille , but I am sure there is one. hope this makes sense and is accurate.....keep running.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 12:09:19 PM by zujitsu »
"People may forget what you've done, or said, but they will never forget the way you made them feel."

The Best part of Falling Down is Getting Back Up...

Offline LegacyWeapon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • There is no limit.
    • View Profile
Re: Wall run
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 06:11:27 PM »
I thought a wall run was to run up the wall and a tic-tac was to jump from a wall to clear an obstacle (or to get to another wall if that is your obstacle).

Gearsighted

Re: Wall run
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 06:08:43 AM »
Yes, a wall-run is upwards, a tic-tac is to the side. The reasoning is that multi-step tic-tacs are never really practical, adding more unneccesary movement than anything else. Thus, to denote the word "run" would be a misnomer. Multi-step wallruns, though rare, can be practical when you need them, and you almost always take a second or third step as you pull over the top of the obstacle, thus essentially making it a "run"

Offline Invisiblex

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Red Bull Owns
    • View Profile
Re: Wall run: Tic Tac
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 08:30:54 AM »
well even though multi step tic tacs arent always practical there are some cases they are useful

say theres a gap that your not sure you can clear with a jump and there is a wall there
instead of a cat leap you could tic tac across the wall to the other side

Gearsighted

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 09:15:23 AM »
But multiple steps don't really gain you more distance. I used to argue the same thing until I learned how to maximize the single step, now more than one seems silly, akward and useless ;)

well even though multi step tic tacs arent always practical there are some cases they are useful

huh?  :P

Offline ERI104

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 11:15:56 AM »
well if you're trying to get over an obstical by running up the side of the wall would you consider it a tic tac?

liek you just run up the side of the wall getting over an obstical...here the obstical looks like this   #|
              # is the obstical and the | is the wall...and if you wana get over that by running is that a tic tac or a wall run?

hmm hope i didn't confuse you!!! O.O
I am the Egyptian Monkey

things people have called parkour
1) popcorn
2) park whore
3) par four
4) pa coop

Offline Invisiblex

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Red Bull Owns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 11:26:05 AM »
haha yea what i said there doesnt make much sense

and thatd still be a tic tac

Offline ERI104

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 12:03:37 PM »
haha i would re-explain it but i'd probably confuse you even more! yeah i assumed it was a tic tac....hey what ever happend to tic tacs anyway? those little mints ruled!!
I am the Egyptian Monkey

things people have called parkour
1) popcorn
2) park whore
3) par four
4) pa coop

Offline LegacyWeapon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • There is no limit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 07:31:21 AM »
Now I'm getting confused by why you guys are saying.

Let me steal some pictures:

http://www.parkour.com/asset/tic-tac.swf
Both of these are Tic-Tacs even though the first one says wall run.
In my opinion, the first one is not true parkour because it is not efficient. There is no point to a multistep Tic-Tac.

This is a wall run.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 07:33:40 AM by LegacyWeapon »

Parkourdan

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 12:24:37 PM »
Geezus .. 2 pictures of ez in 1 post ... Ban I say .. Ban! .. ha ha ha ha ...

Multistep tictacs can be helpful. Ive seen it myself from a traceur from France who came here to train.

But see, what most people think 'multistep tictac' (I think.. because I dont ever use this term) .. Is something where you just kick the wall 6 times in like 2 feet. Thats not even a multistep tictac, or wallrunning... or whatever people call it... Thats just useless. The guy from france traveled over 10 feet along the wall, and went > 7 feet high. When you can run along the wall and create that much high and distance, those extra steps can be useful in the right situation.

Think, 5-6 foot fence. You could essentially run along the wall over it if you can "multistep tictac" or 'wallrun' or whatever ... Like he does and keep full speed. Instead of trying to just vault over the fence and essentially having to break things...

I hope this makes sense.. the terms sorta lost me in this thread but I think people should know what Im saying.

(If people are talking about multistep tictacs as in .. bouncing from wall to wall to wall like in video games... then ignore my response)