Author Topic: Dash vault  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Harry Smith

• What's up Andrew?
  • Patas
    • View Profile
Dash vault
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:49:28 AM »
Hi I'm trying to learn the dash vault and I watched the Urban Current tutorial and I only have one problem. I can't even take off right. I am so used to doing Kongs that i can't swing my legs the other way. Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Offline Graham Hughes

• Hirundo Rustica
  • FLPK
    • View Profile
Re: Dash vault
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:58:24 AM »
I've taught a lot of people how to dash and it seems like just about everybody does this at first.  It's a weird mental block to force through.  Repetitious practice is probably the best way to go about it. 

Practice jumping over something over and over and gradually start leaning your chest back a little bit more each time.  This should put you in more of a dash-like position and make it feel more natural to pull your legs up in front of you.  Good luck, train safe!

Offline Harry Smith

• What's up Andrew?
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:13:56 AM »
Alright thanks I'll try that and see if it works!

Offline Team Avian

• Completely and Utterly Banned not.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ɹnoʞɹɐd ǝןןıʌsɐןƃnop
    • View Profile
    • Team Avian's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:08:58 PM »
I found it easy once I practiced Coils

Coils are basically a Hurdle with both legs out and you tuck... Like a long Jumper uses

we use them to clear obstacles that we don't need to vault (Like something low) and keep momentum and by aerodynamic

anyways...  you use BASICALLY the same technique in Dash vaults, you just lean backwards instead of forwards...

but yea, coils are a good technique to have anyways, and they help with dash vaults in my experience (And my friends)

(I searched for a tutorial... can't find one... does NO one do coils anymore lol)

-Kyle(Rage)
Team Avian soaring through the city-scape

Team Avian's Home Page

Team Avian's Youtube Channel

Quote from: Beretta
"Open mindedness is an essential parkour skill."

**APK Roof Police**

Offline Everett McClain

• Patas
  • Ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 05:31:33 PM »
I found it easy once I practiced Coils

Coils are basically a Hurdle with both legs out and you tuck... Like a long Jumper uses

we use them to clear obstacles that we don't need to vault (Like something low) and keep momentum and by aerodynamic

anyways...  you use BASICALLY the same technique in Dash vaults, you just lean backwards instead of forwards...

but yea, coils are a good technique to have anyways, and they help with dash vaults in my experience (And my friends)

(I searched for a tutorial... can't find one... does NO one do coils anymore lol)

-Kyle(Rage)

I do coils...

I teach them right after landing to my team...
"Everyday Men and Women are the World are seen Climbing Scaffolding and Jumping off Walls.

For Them The City Is A Gaint Jungle Gym And Recess Lasts Forever." - New York Parkour ~ Physical Graffiti

Proud to still be a kid out the