Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 1059 times)

WowItsJustRob

Motivation
« on: June 01, 2009, 03:28:08 AM »
What can I do that would motivate me for parkour training?

I've been gone for way too long, doing almost nothing, and that's unacceptable. :-\

Offline Michael Ervin

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 03:48:39 AM »
Well for me, all I have to do is look in the mirror and I'm like "Hmm, I want better for myself." And the way I see it is that I need to lose weight so I might as well do it a fun way.  Basically what I'm saying is try using your desire for healthy self improvement as your motivation. 

Offline ryan grice

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:11:09 AM »
There are all kinds of tricks people use to make them feel like doing something. When it comes down to it though, you can't always manufacture feelings at will. The real trick, then, is to know that you should do something, and do it whether you feel like it or not. Maybe you won't have an epic training session right away, but the important thing is to get out and tell yourself, "I will at least do something to train today." Usually, doing something will help you to feel more motivated to do it again tomorrow, if you just make yourself stick at it for a few days. If that works to get you training again, take the same principle and apply it to every facet of life for epic win.

Offline Team Avian

• Completely and Utterly Banned not.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ɹnoʞɹɐd ǝןןıʌsɐןƃnop
    • View Profile
    • Team Avian's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:47:23 AM »
not gonna lie, watch videos... that's what I do, though Ryan is right, there are a million and one things that people do to motivate themselves, its just what works for you...  But for me, I watch a video then get mad when I CAN'T go out and practice whenever...

something really good to do is find some PK/FR based games that you can play with your friends... like Tag, Horse, QMTag, Dive Limbo, etc.

-Kyle(Rage)
Team Avian soaring through the city-scape

Team Avian's Home Page

Team Avian's Youtube Channel

Quote from: Beretta
"Open mindedness is an essential parkour skill."

**APK Roof Police**

Offline Paul Bischoff

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »
Vids help me out, also.  If you have some favorite videos you could bookmark them for later inspiration.
I don't want to be a product of my environment.  I want my environment to be a product of me.

Offline Kenny T.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »
Lol definately vids ^^ Always make me want to just run out my door and cut a straight line through my neighborhood and over everyone's fence in the way.

Music sometimes helps too, if you can fine what fits. Sometimes I go with the obvious, crazy ass music that gets me pumped, but sometimes I listen to some ambience or trance and it helps me concentrate better.

Offline Jon

• Hirundo Rustica
  • I dont go through walls, I'm above that.
    • View Profile
    • HuntPK
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 05:25:46 PM »
try a new unperfected skill
that helps me stay out of ruts
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-Confucius
:::====(=''')- (guitar emoticon)