Author Topic: adaptation stories  (Read 1345 times)

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
adaptation stories
« on: May 26, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »
anyone got some? a time when you naturally just adapted to an obstacle without thinking.

ill start off, at a memorial day bbq there was a tree with a limb parallel to the ground about 4.5 feet off the ground. one about 5 feet next to it. i went up and lazy'd the 4.5 foot tall one using the other one sort of like parallel bars when you hold yourself up, and just went right over the shorter branch.
it was pretty sweet, i jumped up and just flew over the branch with almost no effort, it was really cool. 

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline Jereme Sanders

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
Re: adaptation stories
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »
One instance I was hopping over a fence to unlock the other side for my grandma, it was like a wooden fence that had the two 2x4 supports and I was standing on the top one, slipped a bit and was being sweeped by the top of the fence, it sort of felt like a back tuck so I ended up tucking it and making it around to my feet. My grandma almost had a heart attack hahaha, I was pretty lucky I have to say but I definitely think having that familiarity with not only falling but being upside down saved me.
"People may forget what you've done, or said, but they will never forget the way you made them feel."

The Best part of Falling Down is Getting Back Up...

Offline Paul Bischoff

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 02:21:42 PM »
My grandma almost had a heart attack hahaha,

[WTF]
I don't want to be a product of my environment.  I want my environment to be a product of me.

Offline Team Avian

• Completely and Utterly Banned not.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ɹnoʞɹɐd ǝןןıʌsɐןƃnop
    • View Profile
    • Team Avian's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
most playgrounds seem to be built with the flow in mind... they are all almost perfectly spaced out to transition from technique to technique...

-Kyle(Rage)
Team Avian soaring through the city-scape

Team Avian's Home Page

Team Avian's Youtube Channel

Quote from: Beretta
"Open mindedness is an essential parkour skill."

**APK Roof Police**

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 08:55:21 AM »
most playgrounds seem to be built with the flow in mind... they are all almost perfectly spaced out to transition from technique to technique...

-Kyle(Rage)

playgrounds are too tight for me, i have to move way too slow in them.

maybe its just because its not really running and when im not running i feel like im moving slow haha.

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline Hans Hansen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 06:39:45 PM »
Well, my story is more of a routine.  Around once a month, somebody feels like beating me up (face it, I'm a nerd [which I love]).  Every time they feel like going at it, I'm in a different place.  I'll tell of the most unique one.
I was at the baseball diamond, pitching to my little brother.  A group of some 4 guys came up and stole the ball from me.  Then they stole the bat from my brother.  I signaled for him to run home, which he did.  A guy threw the baseball and I dodged it Matrix-style.  That ticked them off and they charged me.  Adrenaline was pumping, and I scaled the 15-foot chain-link fence in 2 seconds flat.  They went through the door  :-[...wish I had seen it.  Then I kong'd over a bike-parking-rail-thing, and while still flying after the kong, landed on a brick structure used for holding up the US Flag.  I sprinted the 7 feet of brick and leaped, bringing that up to form the pre-hanging position.  Made that into a cat leap to the side of the concession stand, which I climbed to the roof.  Then I waited.

Lengthy, yes.  Improvised, yes.  Effective, absolutely.

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »
nice one dude (at hans)
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10