Author Topic: Damien Walters Showreel 2009  (Read 9308 times)

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Damien Walters Showreel 2009
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 06:26:02 PM »
eisenberg, that's just like someone saying "i've seen too many kong vaults, kong vaults are boring". it's not about looking cool, it's about conquering fears and overcoming mental obstacles. he is not doing it for you, he is doing it for himself. this guy has pushed his boundaries mentally and physically to astounding levels. btw, damien walters wasn't claiming this to be parkour or freerunning. he was just doing new and inventive things with his body. you certainly have a right to your own opinion, but it came off as though you were dissing his art form and saying that it is inferior to yours, which is exactly what we don't want on this forum. please respect other peoples' disciplines because there are many people on here who have their own different passions for movement. it would be nice if we could talk as equals and not come off as elitists.

Bravo!! you deserve a +1.
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline Soul

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 06:45:55 PM »
haha some of that was really impressive but, flips just dont impress me anymore. ive seen way way wayyyy too many people flip around to be impressed anymore.

stop saying words.

wall bhs to palmflip was the coolest thing ever.

coming out of a wall bhs can be really disorienting... and he STILL did it with absolutely no pause. crazy ass mofo.

stop saying words? what?

tricking is like skateboarding to me, i know its hard to flip that little piece of wood around but, its just boring as f#cking hell to watch.

after seeing someone do a double back off GRASS nothing in a gym will ever really impress me. i mean, bouncy floors... nuff said.

and before everyone jumps on my back calling me ignorant and stupid shit like that, please realize this is MY opinion. i dont care how hard you say it is because i know how hard it is. its just been over done, thus it is boring to me.

if he was doing all of this on concrete i MIGHT be a little more impressed. gymnastics floors are like mini trampolines, thus i am not impressed all that much.

some of that shit was nasty though ;)

it is your opinion, but if you post your opinion on a public forum thats setting yourself up to get ragged on... common its the internet...

BTW sick video hands down.
Worry less about what its called, and more about how to do it....

aricmazick

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 06:50:23 PM »
This was all the proof we needed to know for sure that we live in the matrix! I've never seen anything like that and I probably never will again. This guy should definitely be in the olympics. He is amazing. I'm speechless...

Offline Vinny Pellegrini

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 07:06:33 PM »

some of that shit was nasty though ;)

All of that was "nasty!!!"  :o
[/quote]

there literally weren't any action pauses. unless a round off run on the wall tic tac is considered relaxed. Lol 
the floor is lavA!

Offline Joe *AP*

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 06:52:43 AM »
As if WOW hasnt been said enough...that just showed me there is a NEW limit to what i can push myself too...

Truly AMAZING, nearly AWE INSPIRING!

Keep it up
"There is no CAN not, only WILL not"

Offline 'Knox'

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 07:16:25 AM »
damien walters was in the olympics. I seriously dont think that there is a vid that can top that. whoever finds one, i will bow down to your amazing ability to find something that could clean out my colon better than that video did!! ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:18:27 AM by KnoX »

Offline Jish Shaw

• Patas
  • Hmm... I wonder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 07:40:45 AM »
omfg, that was so freakin intense it aint even funny. that first pass he did on the jump track was retardly fast. i couldn't keep track of him. like every one else said though, wow
"Your fantasy, is my reality"

Offline Vinny Pellegrini

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 11:10:43 AM »
That man right there is one of the most talented athletes I have ever seen. Claps for Damien Walters.

haha some of that was really impressive but, flips just dont impress me anymore. ive seen way way wayyyy too many people flip around to be impressed anymore.

stop saying words.

im guessing you dont watch "teen girl squad" on homestar runner. :P

And Bioobird, I don't think you should be like that man. He has just as much right to this forum and an opinion as you do. If you have a problem with something someone says, then discuss it rather than telling him to stop talking. 
the floor is lavA!

Offline J. Ramirez

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 02:59:16 PM »
i figured it out....hes not human. obviously some sort of cyborg or alien hybrid. either way i drooled all over my keyboard. :o

Offline Noah Mittman

• Patas
  • Perfection is a direction, not a destination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 05:23:05 PM »
i figured it out....hes not human. obviously some sort of cyborg or alien hybrid. either way i drooled all over my keyboard. :o

I think he's a mix of the hybrid lycan vampire from underworld and the edwrd norton hulk.  
Live What You Love,
Denver Family
Snowman Films
Flux Freerunning

"There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path." -Morpheus

Offline Elet ET

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Smite me, Oh Mighty Smiter!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 09:23:12 PM »
and i ...JIZZED IN MY PANTS!!!! :-Sarcasm
ProParkour--ANTI-ADVERB!!!!!

If you don't like their rules, Refuse to play their game.
Anarchy is not CHAOS, but order without CONTROL.
Frederick, MD PK

Offline Chris Slater

• Mangabey
  • PARKOUR PIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 07:16:45 AM »
OH MY FREAKIN GOD.............
Go outside already!!

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 07:41:36 AM »
lol, i wasnt dissing anything. man i thought you guys would have figured me out by now.

the thing that really truly impressed me is when he did back hand springs and shit off walls, and when he did round offs straight into a wall run thing. or when he did the flips and landed on the wall and came off.

SOME things impressed me but, the majority of it i have seen like 100,000 times and honestly, you cant even argue with that statement. and please dont give me this crap about him pushing limits, no shit. thats what we all do, thats why we do what we do. i was just saying, that kind of limit pushing is so far over done.

my favorite sampler ive seen in a while is danny ilabaca's 07 one. i love his flow, he has really strong parkour movements and THAT impresses me far more than being able to do a flip. to be able to get up a 13 foot wall like he pop vaulted it is like 100 times more impressive to me.

thats just me though, over all, cool sampler. ive just seen it like a million times.

hes got amazing coordination and flow, im just a little bored with flips. thats all.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:52:13 AM by max eisenberg »

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline Vinny Pellegrini

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 08:21:41 AM »
lol, i wasnt dissing anything. man i thought you guys would have figured me out by now.

the thing that really truly impressed me is when he did back hand springs and shit off walls, and when he did round offs straight into a wall run thing. or when he did the flips and landed on the wall and came off.

SOME things impressed me but, the majority of it i have seen like 100,000 times and honestly, you cant even argue with that statement. and please dont give me this crap about him pushing limits, no shit. thats what we all do, thats why we do what we do. i was just saying, that kind of limit pushing is so far over done.

my favorite sampler ive seen in a while is danny ilabaca's 07 one. i love his flow, he has really strong parkour movements and THAT impresses me far more than being able to do a flip. to be able to get up a 13 foot wall like he pop vaulted it is like 100 times more impressive to me.

thats just me though, over all, cool sampler. ive just seen it like a million times.

hes got amazing coordination and flow, im just a little bored with flips. thats all.

danny pop vaulted a 13 foot wall?!
the floor is lavA!

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 03:09:36 PM »

danny pop vaulted a 13 foot wall?!

exaggeration, he has absolutely incredible flow though.

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline The Street Hawks

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 07:04:50 PM »
I've watched it twice now and I think i'm only able to catch about half of what he does!

...he's out tricking my eyes!
Holy crap! i agree completely. that was ridiculous, it was literally to much to comprehend, it also took the level that i would be happy with and obliterated it, that was AMAZING!!!

Offline Lydia Cloak

• Adorable Mangabey
  • Patas
  • Conquering a thousand vaults begins with a jump
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »
I think I blinked once...and closed my mouth twice to swallow so I didn't start drooling during that entire thing! That was...insane! Seriously...stuff in there I can't even...just doesn't...compute! That man is...THE MAN! He's definitely THE MAN, right there. Like...insanity in the form of a human being. Now I'm just rambling...but that's really all my brain can do. Seriously... :o I think I may have teared up at one point...*now goes about making a plan to steal his skills*  ::)

Edit: BTW...Parkour strip = AWESOME! *cough* I had to actually watch it twice to see if he was wearing pants at the beginning cause it was just that freaking fast!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:15:55 PM by ForestCloak »
Why run from the future and live in the past when you can embrace tomorrow and learn from yesterday?
April 22, 2009 - Beginning of the future
<a href="http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=17035.0>My training log[/url]

Offline Dylan Baker

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 07:40:04 PM »

wow, you missed every point of my post. for one, half of this guy's video was filled with originality, so i have no idea what you mean about "i've seen it 100,000 times". two, you managed to miss my point that you could say the same thing about everyone doing kongs in their videos and that kongs are way overdone. finally, you missed the most important part of my post, which i will now make even more clear than i made it the first time. damien walters does not claim to do parkour or freerunning. he does beastly shit that will push his mind and body to new limits, that is all that matters. what you reiterated in your second post is that you don't like flips. what i am saying is that you have a right to that opinion but there are people on here that would rather not continue to have that argument. this is the very reason that parkour.net was shitty was because some people felt it necessary to say that their art was better than everyone else's. if you have something to critique or something nice to say, say it. otherwise, please leave out your biases towards parkour vs. freerunning.
"You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup;  you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.  Now water can flow or water can crash, be water my friend."

-Bruce Lee

Offline Burahobbit

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »

You are such a hypocrite and all you can diss me i don't care but seriously eisenberg i highly doubt you can find very many videos where anyone does some of the things damien walters does so don't say you have seen it 100,000 times. Also what the hell is up with you saying flips don't impress you because you have seen it too much, like you havn't seen as many kong vaults or climb ups? What the heck is the difference? The fact that you can't do them? Maybe you can i don't care but stop going around dissing everyone because they don't adhere to your purist values; just appreciate it for the amount of work he obviously puts into his training and walk away, is it really that hard?

Offline Jake Vigil

• Epically Awesome
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Be the Change you wish to see in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 09:41:38 PM »
A tribute to an absolute beast has turned into a bitch fest. What is this? C'mon guys.

Max, quit poking trouble dammit. I know you sit here under the mask of trying to be helpful or imputing your opinion, but most of the time you just stir people up and piss them off. We don't need that around here, we're on the same side. Give a little more thought before you post. You're more than welcome to your own opinion, but please, in the future, try to phrase them in ways that are constructive and don't piss people off. These petty arguments are getting ridiculous.

And everyone else... criticizing him the way you are doing is a form of attacking his own opinion. Just leave it.

Everyone take a breath... relax.
Life is what you make of it.
Training Log