Author Topic: Thanks APK, your Tribe DVD rocks!  (Read 3274 times)

Offline yawar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Thanks APK, your Tribe DVD rocks!
« on: June 23, 2006, 07:24:09 AM »
hey guys! i recently got the Tribe Tutorial DVD as a b-day present, and within it it says Thanks! M2, i first off wanna say, THANK you M2, and everyone at APK, your DVD is awsome!

I just wanted to express how i felt, its awsome!, you probably get alot of these..lol

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
Re: Thanks APK, your Tribe DVD rocks!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 08:06:35 AM »
Awesome!! Really glad you like it. Happy Birthday, now train hard :)

Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline DistortedTruth

• Patas
  • The wannabe admin...and the lovable posting whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 08:24:01 AM »
Yawar - is EVERYTHING covered in the vid?  I've been thinking about it and I may ask my parents to get it for me.
The world is our playground.  PK.
-Nick

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 10:42:09 AM »
basics are covered in the DVD. if you know your way around the basic vaults and single moves, then the DVD is probably not for you. If you are looking to improve on a certain technique however, there is a lot of detail to each move covered.

Happy b-day yawar, thanks for the kind words about our dvd!

Gearsighted

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 12:17:05 PM »
Distorted, check out the tutorial section of the site. The movements covered there are the movements featured in the DVD. What you get with the DVD is more in-depth break-downs of the individual movements along with some bonus footage and printable PDF tutorials that you can take with you when you train.

Offline yawar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 12:44:42 PM »
thanks guys for the b-day congrats

the DVD itself showss the work youve put iin to it, very professional, i love it!

slick Menus and everything! its awsome, if you dont mind im gonna rip it and put it on my PSP and practice outside...mean and dirty!

i tried to speed vault a barrier which was a bit taller than my belly button, to big for me, so my leg got caught, scraped that up pretty bad, but now since i got the DVD it tells me perfectly and indepth on what to do, and might i add, the narrations are very useful! i will practice hard! lol, im gonna tell the guys at pkto.ca (parkour toronto) about your DVD, its sweet!

AND honestly, the work shows, you guys put some effort into it! when i looked at the sweet cover design, i said to myself, i hope the DVD itself isnt crap, and boy oh boy, when that disclamer came up! i was Woah'ed, you guys have done a fantastic job, cant wait for more, you guys rock!

Offline yawar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 12:48:54 PM »
Awesome!! Really glad you like it. Happy Birthday, now train hard :)

OH I WILL, your vid gets me pumped everytime i see the AWSOME menu!, lol

Gearsighted

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 01:05:43 PM »
Awesome. You don't know how much it means to find that people are benefitting from the work we put in! Happy birthday, good luck, be safe and HAVE FUN! :D

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 01:20:32 PM »
AND honestly, the work shows, you guys put some effort into it! when i looked at the sweet cover design, i said to myself, i hope the DVD itself isnt crap, and boy oh boy, when that disclamer came up! i was Woah'ed, you guys have done a fantastic job, cant wait for more, you guys rock!

So this is Mike Yamurus's user name...  ;D Don't ban me  ;D

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 01:41:57 PM »
basics are covered in the DVD. if you know your way around the basic vaults and single moves, then the DVD is probably not for you. If you are looking to improve on a certain technique however, there is a lot of detail to each move covered.

Happy b-day yawar, thanks for the kind words about our dvd!

Whether or not you have the basic vaults and single moves down, I think the DVD is still pretty helpful.  I used it to scrutinize certain parts of my own technique... the angle of my legs, or my hips, hand placement, etc.  If it was similar enough, then it was good.  If something was a little bit off from the two, then I would work on it.  If you know what to look for, I think the DVD is very helpful even to a vet.  Now... would a vet spend $20 on something to just reinforce the fact that his  technique is down?  Probably not.  But still, it'd be helpful to some degree.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Gearsighted

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 05:28:27 PM »
I would go so far as to say that if you feel technically proficient with the movements there is no need to try and emulate the technical aspects of any of our tutorials. What the technical breakdown does is makes it easier for someone who has trouble grasping the general concept to finally get it, from which point they can adopt the movements as their own and eventually move on to find their own way to overcome the same objects. I would hate to see anybody assume that there is a right or wrong way to do any of this, as it's all so personal as to what is truly effective movement for each and every one of us! :D

Offline Nem

• Patas
  • I'm back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 08:20:33 PM »
Pefection, being the unachievable state that it is, can only be brought nearer and nearer through practice and correct techinque.  The DVD has greatly imporved my techinque.
Rusty, but still solid.

Offline Unique

• Mangabey
  • D'Ondrai Jones
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 11:50:50 AM »
All though I don't need it I would love to add it to my big room full of pk dvd's (just don't have the money right now). But it sound pretty impresive.
- “Don't wait for life to beat you. Move life to your own beat.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXiSaVGnLI

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I didn't know you could put words here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 07:33:03 PM »
I'd recomend it for anyone who isn't more then a year or two into parkour. It was awesome. I'm going to start working on a vid soon so you guys who saw me at Beast coast can see how much i improved. Really the DvD helped alot. Good work guys.

The ReTraining Logs of CyanideSoda
  Post constructive comments please.